Chap9

Separate Ways [College]

You were already soaking wet. You didn’t care. Your eyes were already swollen and puffy, yet tears won’t stop from pouring, just like the rain. You then felt the rain stopped, but you can still hear the raindrops. You looked up to see Leo with an umbrella.

“Didn’t I tell you not to cry again?” He grabbed your wrist, stood you up and was about to drag you.

“Leo, please, I want to be alone for a while.” You stopped him.

“You’re going to get sick.” He turned to you.

“I don’t care. The pain I’m feeling is much worse. He said we’re done!!! Then I found out Yixing-gege is in the hospital!!! I don’t know what I did wrong for this to happen.”

“You don’t care?! Well, I do!!! Can’t you consider the people around you who are worried about you?! The rest of the boys, Taemin, Naeun, and Ahyoung were worried sick! And do you think Yixing-hyung would want to see you like this?” It was your first time hearing Leo’s voice louder than usual.

“When I started to feel comfortable around you, I became fond of your presence. I totally forgot you have a boyfriend, until they visited you. I saw how you two love each other, so I decided not to let this stupid feelings inside me grow any further, that’s why I started to avoid you. But I guess it didn’t work, so I just let it be, and I was right. My fear came, and whenever I see you cry, it makes me hate your boyfriend. I told myself if I ever see you cry again because of him…” He caressed your cheek with his free hand.

“…I have no choice, but to steal you away from him. I’ll make you forget about him and make you mine.” He kissed your lips. Your mind was still processing everything what he just said. Even so, you were on the right mind to know that you kissed him back. You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him to deepen the kiss. He lost his grip on the umbrella and let it fall down; he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer as well.

“I love you. Please give me a chance.” He rested his forehead on yours as you two pulled away. He was already drenched as well.

“I don’t know. Something happened like this between L.Joe and I last year…and it didn’t turn out well. I almost cheated on Myung, but he let me decide, of course I ran back to him because he’s the only one I really love. ”

“That’s why give me a chance. Please.”

Remembering what Myungsoo said in the message earlier, you hesitantly nodded. Giving Leo and yourself a chance won’t hurt, right?

“Don’t worry, I won’t rush you. I promise you won’t regret it.” He hugged you.

 

The two of you arrived in VIXX’s dorm.

“What happened to the two of you?!” N scolded like a mom.

“I thought hyung brought an umbrella with him?” Ken said.

“I did.” Leo said.

“Xiao!” Ahyoung ran out of a room and hugged you, not minding your state. “We’re so worried! I’ll tell Naeun you’re here.” Your face became worried, before you could even speak, she said “Don’t worry. Taemin’s with her.”

“I’m sorry for making all of you worried.” You said.

“It’s alright. The important thing is you’re here. Wash up, you two! You might get sick!” N handed the two of you some towels.

“But I don’t have any spare clothes…”

“I can let you borrow mine. Bin-ah~ can you get my spare clothes in your dresser?” Ahyoung called.

Hongbin went out of his room and handed you Ahyoung’s clothes. “Thanks.” You said.

“Hyuk-ah~ help me make some dinner and porridge for them!” Ravi called.

“Ne, hyung!”

“Xiaoyu-ah, I’ll use the main bathroom. You can use the one in my room.” He pointed his room before heading to the main bathroom.

 

After washing up, your head felt a little dizzy. You knew you would get sick. You walked out of the bathroom to be greeted by a topless Leo.

“You scared me!” You said as you try to hide your red cheeks.

“I’m sorry I thought you would take longer in the shower.” He got a wife beater from his dresser and put it on. “You’re cute.” He commented.

“Eh???”

“You’re cute when you blush.”

He caught you. You felt so embarrassed. Your cheeks became redder than already it is.

He pinched your cheeks like you always do when he blushes. “C’mon, let’s have dinner.”

 

After dinner, Leo volunteered to let you sleep on his bed. He said he’ll just sleep on the floor with an extra mattress. You felt guilty, but he insisted. The weather became worse; lightning can be seen and thunders can be heard. You were shivering even though your blanket was already thick enough.

Leo woke up. “Sorry…did I wake you up?” You asked.

“No, are you alright?”

“Y-yeah…I just can’t sleep because of the thunder.”

“Thunder?  Are you scared?”

You chuckled lightly. “N-no, I’m not…it is just too loud…”

He then noticed you were shivering; panic hit him. He put his hand on your forehead. “You’re temperature is so high!”

 “How can you tell? You have a fever too.” You felt his temperature when you removed his hand.

“I know I do. I already took the medicine after dinner. But yours is worse!” He stood up. “Wait here. I’ll grab a glass of water and the medicine.” He came back after a little while. “Here, take this.”

You ate the medicine and drank the water. “Thanks.”

“I’ll keep you warm. Do you mind?” He asked for your permission.

At first, you actually didn’t get what he means. You then realized he means sleeping beside you. You nodded. He lay beside you and wrapped his arms around you. It really helped; you stopped shivering, plus you took the medicine. You hesitantly wrapped your arms around him as well.

“I’m sorry if I make you feel uncomfortable.” He muttered.

“I’m not.” You lied and snuggled to his chest. You were actually not uncomfortable, it’s just that you weren’t used to it yet.

He lightly chuckled. “Not uncomfortable, but not used to it?”

Remembering how people easily read you, “Does my face really say it all?”

He nodded. “Don’t worry about it; it’s one of your charms. Let’s sleep now.”