Chap21

Separate Ways [College]

As usual, you two were in his room. He awkwardly coughed.

You chuckled. “It’s weird that we feel awkward together.”

“Yeah, it feels weird.” He scratched the back of his head.

You pursed your lips into thin line and hugged him. “I’m sorry.”

He hugged you back. “It’s alright. I’m not mad.”

“I know. You always understand me. It makes me hate you and hate myself more.”

“Why?”

“I didn’t deserve such kind guy like you. You don’t get mad at me; it’s better that you hate me because I always hurt you. It makes me feel guilty when you say you’re alright, but I know inside of you, you’re hurt.” You tightened your arms around him and started to cry.

He sighed. “It’s not your fault so don’t feel guilty.”

“I let Doyeon win over us. Even though she’s away now, she still successfully broke us apart.”

“Our friends are right, maybe, we’re not…for each other. Don’t worry, unlike other couples who treat each other as strangers after break up, I won’t let that happen to us.” He looked at you and wiped your tears.

You nodded. “Thank you, Myungsoo. I hope you find the right person soon. I’ll be glad to meet her.”

“I’ll miss you.” He kissed your forehead.

“I’ll miss you too. Promise me you won’t go back to your cold façade after this.”

He chuckled. “I promise. Shall we?” He opened the door.

You smiled as you two walked out of the room. When you arrived in the living room, everyone was silent and was staring at the two of you, but you and Myungsoo just went to your seats like nothing happened. Yixing gave you a smile which you gladly returned. Sunggyu cocked an eyebrow at Myungsoo.

“I’m surprised you didn’t interrupt this time.” Myungsoo told him, breaking the silence.

He awkwardly coughed. “Yeah, of course.”

“So how did it go?” L.Joe slung an arm on Myungsoo.

Myungsoo shoved his arm. “Get lost, shorty.” He turned to Leo. “Hyung, I entrust her to you.”

You frowned. “You sound like a father giving permission for our marriage.”

“In that case, I’m the one you have to talk to.” Yixing said.

“Good luck, Leo-hyung. Lay-hyung may look like a very kind person, but he’s really strict when it comes to his sister.” Taemin said.

“I guess you three are okay now?” Minyoung unsurely asked you, Leo, and Myungsoo.

The three of you nodded.

“Let’s continue the party~!!!” The maknaes shouted and jumped on the couch.

They dimmed the lights and blasted music in the room. Everyone started to dance and party, as if they’re on a bar, even Mrs. Lee who just finished washing the dishes joined them. L.Joe grabbed your hand and dragged you to dance. “C’mon, let’s dance!” He shouted through the loud music.

“Yeah, sure!” The two of you laughed as you danced to the upbeat song.

“Hey, Joe! We’re going to steal our girlfriend~” Jihyun slung an arm on you as she came with Minyoung, Ahyoung, and Naeun.

“But we just started to dance~ and I’m her best friend!” L.Joe complained.

“We don’t care. Go to your buddies, shorty.”

“Don’t call me that!” L.Joe stomped away.

“You guys are so mean to Joe.” You chuckled.

“Oh well, he can dance with you again later, but for now, let’s party!” Ahyoung said and the five of you crazily danced.

After some party hip-hop songs, a ballad played.

“At last, I can have my best friend again! Go to your boyfriends!” L.Joe told your girlfriends. You rolled your eyes at their childishness.

The couples started to quietly dance; the rest of the boys who were single started to fool around the room.

“Today is fun. I even forgot that we’re supposed to be in class. Plus, I’m very glad to see your mom again.” You told L.Joe.

He nodded. “She really missed you. She would always rant on me whenever I forget to let her talk to you on the phone. Dad misses you too. He’s just really busy with work.”

“I miss him too. It’s ok, we can meet some other time in the future, but tell him to rest as well and don’t stress too much on work.”

“Yeah, I always tell him that. So…how are things with Leo?”

“There’s nothing official between us yet, but now that I have already talked to Myungsoo, I guess we’ll talk it out.”

He smiled. “I wish the best for you two. You can still remember, right? I’m still and will always be here for you whenever you need me.” He pinched your cheeks.

“Thanks, Joe! You’re the best.” You hugged him.

“Can I now spend time with my girl?” Myungsoo came to you two.

“Sure. I’ll see you later, Xiao!” L.Joe handed you to Myungsoo before joining his friends.

“Hey, pretty.” He greeted as you two started to dance.

“Hey, handsome.” You playfully smiled.

He chuckled. “I know I’m handsome.”

“Conceited.” You snickered.

“I’m not. I’m just saying the truth.”

“But I don’t think you are.” You teased.

“What?! I’m the visual that means I’m the most handsome. Hongbin, Chunji, and I are all visuals.”

You chuckled. “I know. I was just teasing you.” You pinched his nose.

He smiled. “Aigo, Zhang Xiaoyu, even though we’ll be on our separate ways, you’ll forever be my first love, strawberry milk lover.”

“Even though Taemin was my first boyfriend, you’re the one who taught me what really love is. I’ll never forget you, Kim Myungsoo. Thank you for everything.” You hugged him.

“I too, thank you as well. I think you should go and talk to Leo now. He went outside.” He ruffled your hair before urging you to go. *This is how probably L.Joe felt when he let you go to me, but now I’m the one letting you go to another man. I’ll forever love you, Zhang Xiaoyu. It hurts, but I’m happy as long as you are.*