Chap3

Separate Ways [College]

Tomorrow is the start of classes so you decided to rest early. When you were about to sleep, your phone rang.

“I thought you won’t callback. I’ve been trying to reach you earlier.” You smiled.

“Sorry. Our classes already started, and as usual, Doyeon is making my patience run out.” Myungsoo said.

You chuckled. “It’s just the first day. Anyway, despite Doyeon, how is everything there?”

“It’s good. Just like in high school, the six of us are stuck together all the time. Sunggyu-hyung was also recruited as a part-time Music teacher. A lot of girls begged to be transferred to his class.”

“Woah, I’m happy for Sunggyu-oppa. Have you heard anything from Teen Top?”

“Since our schools are near, we had a hangout after our classes. Niel, Ricky, and Changjo were there too. Minyoung and Jihyun miss you a lot.”

“I miss them too. All of you.”

“I’ll make sure to pay you a visit soon. It’s just day one and I miss you already.”

“I miss you too, Myung.”

“Anyway, how’s day one in the dorm?”

“I have two roommates, and I was so happy when I found Naeun was one of them. Our other roommate is Ahyoung. She’s really nice too. The three of us get along very well. Naeun and I made new friends through Ahyoung and her boyfriend.”

“I’m glad you’re safe and comfy there. How about Taemin?”

You snickered. “Don’t worry about him. He’s too busy with Kai that he doesn’t even have time for his own girlfriend. Actually, Kai’s at fault, not Taemin.”

“Kai? Yixing-hyung’s workmate?”

“Yup. He and Taemin are best friends. Just like you and Sungyeol.”

“But I prefer you than Sungyeol! You know I hate that choding.”

“The more you hate, the more you love~” You sing-songed.

He just chuckled at you. “Shall we take our rest? You have a big day waiting for you tomorrow. Sleep well~ good night! Love you!”

“You too. Sweet dreams~ love you too!”

 

The next day, your morning classes went well. You noted to yourself that you’ll go to the library after classes to look for the book your professor was talking about. You were having lunch in the cafeteria with Ahyoung and VIXX because Taemin and Naeun were nowhere to be found. They might be busy with their own world. While eating, your phone rang.

“Hey, Joe. What’s up?”

“I heard it’s your first day. How’s my girl?”

You chuckled. “My morning classes went well. And I’m glad that I’m not feeling too homesick because my roommates are really kind. Oh, Naeun is one of my roommates.” You smiled.

“That’s good to hear. Anyway, sorry for disturbing you, I can tell you’re having your lunch now because of your munching.”

“Yah!” You blushed. “Anyway, it’s alright. I miss you anyway.”

“Aw, I miss you too. Don’t worry we’ll all reunite again.”

“What do you mean?”

“I actually called because I have something to say.”

“What is it?”

“The whole clan is visiting you there on Friday afternoon!” He beamed.

“WHAT?!” You choked on your food. Hyuk was about to get you a glass of water when Leo handed you his drink. All of you stared at him weirdly, but he just ignored it and continued eating; you drank it anyway.

“I’m sorry.” You bowed to your friends.

“Hey, are you alright?” L.Joe worriedly asked on the other line.

“Yeah, yeah. What were you saying again?”

“We miss you, you miss us. So we all talked it out and decided to pay you a visit. Infinite, Teen Top, Minyoung, and Jihyun.”

“Okaaay, it’s not that I’m not happy, I’m actually excited but won’t you guys cause too much commotion?”

“It’s alright. We don’t mind. Sorry to disturb you again. You may continue your lunch! See you on Friday!” He said before he ended the call.

“Who was that?” Ken asked.

“My guy best friend. He said all of them will visit here on Friday afternoon. I’m worried that they might cause too much commotion.”

“It’s alright. We’ll be glad to meet them.” N reassured.

“Does that mean I’ll be able to meet your boyfriend?!” Ahyoung squealed. You nodded. “OMG~ I’m so excited! I’m going to tell Naeun!” She continued to spazz even though her boyfriend is already eyeing her.

 

After classes, you went straight to the library. You were looking for the book in the Psychology section the librarian told you.

“Assa!” You quietly cheered as you found it. The book was placed too high. You were trying to reach it when someone got it. You turned to see Leo. He handed you the book before leaving you dumbfounded. You hurriedly went to the librarian to get a permit to borrow the book and followed Leo outside.

“Leo-ssi!” You called. He stopped on his tracks and turned to you. “Uh…thank you.”

He just nodded and was about to walk away. You honestly didn’t know why but you grabbed his wrist. “C’mon, I feel like treating you…” He was about to decline when you said “…latte.” You heard from Ken that it was his favorite. He hesitated for a while but he let you drag him anyway.

 

You were in a café with Leo. You two ordered latte for Leo and strawberry frappe for you. The two of you were not in an awkward but in a comfortable silence.

“How’d you meet VIXX? I mean, you seem very different from them.” You tried to ask him. You didn’t expect him to answer though. You were surprised when he did.

“In high school, Hakyeon and Jaehwan were the noisiest best friends. I’m obviously the quiet kid who prefers to be alone in the room’s corner. They thought I needed some friend so they would always accompany me. At first, it actually annoyed me until I got used to them. When Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk entered high school, they joined us.”

“That’s cute and sweet. I knew you were not an Ice Prince. You’re just naturally quiet.” He gave you a small smile. “See! You even show emotions, unlike what they say. You should smile more.”

You can see his cheeks turning red. “Aigo, you’re so cute!” You pinched his cheeks which made him blush more.

The two of you talked longer in the café to get to know more of each other. You found out that he sings, plays piano, plays soccer, and loves kids and pets. He’s really a warm person. He’s not that comfortable around people, probably that’s why they think he’s an Ice Prince.

The two of you decided to head back to the dorm before it gets too late.