Chap20

Separate Ways [College]

A lady then came out of the kitchen with your brother.

“Eomeoni!!!” You rushed to her and gave her a hug. “I miss you.”

“Aw, my baby, I miss you too. Are you not eating properly? Why did you lose weight?” She pinched your cheeks.

“She’s being too much stressed.” Yixing said.

“My poor baby, you should rest well.” She then turned to your friends. “Oh, you guys must be her friends. I’m L.Joe’s mom. I treat Yixing and Xiao as my children as well.”

“It’s nice to meet you, eomeoni.” They bowed.

“Where’s your husband?” You asked her.

“Oh, he’s busy at work. He said he can make it up to me when he comes home. But today, I can spend my time with you guys!” She cheered.

“What’s the occasion anyway?”

“It’s my birthday, darling! I’ll cook for everyone. I’m happy to have you guys here.”

“Jinjja?! Omo, happy birthday, eomeoni! I didn’t know, I should’ve bought a gift. Why didn’t you tell us?” You asked your brother.

“It won’t be a surprise then.” He meronged.

“It’s okay, Xiao. Having you guys for today is already a gift.”

“Happy birthday, eomeoni.” The others greeted as well.

“Thank you. Now, make yourselves at home while Yixing and I prepare, okay?”

“Ne~”

 

“Chunji~ are Jihyun and Minyoung coming?” You asked as you sat on the sofa beside Leo. The others went to play video games with some Teen Top members.

“Yeah, they’ll arrive with Infinite.”

You nodded and rested your head on Leo’s shoulder.

“Are you worried? Nervous? Scared?” He whispered.

“About meeting Infinite? Him?”

He nodded.

“I don’t know. I think I’ll just go with the flow.” You intertwined your fingers with his.

L.Joe, who was sitting on your other side, turned to you. “Don’t worry too much about it, Xiao.” He then turned to Leo. “Oh yeah, hyung, please treasure her.”

“Sure, of course.” Leo gave him a smile.

 “They’re here.” C.A.P called.

“Oh, man~ Sungyeol’s here.” Changjo, Ricky and Hyuk whined.

“What’s the matter?” Naeun asked.

“He’s a choding! He’ll play the video game all by himself.” Niel explained.

When the new guests entered, you rushed to Minyoung and Jihyun and gave them a hug.

Minyoung chuckled. “Aigo, we just had a sleepover this weekend and you miss us already?”

“Of course! Why? Don’t you miss me?” You pouted.

“Silly, of course we miss you, Naeun, and Ahyoung! Hey, girls!” Jihyun greeted.

“Ji, my baby!” Chunji ran to her.

“Xiaoyu~” Sungjong snatched you from the two girls.

You giggled. “Sungjongie~!”

“Wassup, Xiao—assa! You brought the video game~” as the maknaes feared, Lee Sungyeol ran to them as soon as he saw the game. You can hear them starting to bicker.

“Hey, ‘saeng!” Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Hoya greeted.

“Hi, oppas!”

“Xiao xiao~” Sunggyu called.

“Kyuzizi-oppa!” You gave him a bear hug.

 He played with your hair. “Where’s eomeoni?”

“She’s in the kitchen preparing with gege.”

“Oh, okay. We’ll greet her, ne? Kids~ let’s greet eomeoni first. Lee Sungyeol get your out of there before I drag you.” He called.

Myungsoo was the last to enter. “Hey.” He ruffled your hair.

“Why do guys like to mess with my hair?” You pouted as you stopped his hand.

He pinched your cheeks. “Let’s talk later, ne?” He patted your head before following Sunggyu.

 

After a little while, the food preparation was done; everyone was excited to eat. All of you enjoyed the food and most of your friends, even L.Joe’s mom, complimented Yixing’s cooking skills. He shyly thanked everyone and urged them to eat more. While eating, everyone was happily chatting and teasing; eomeoni and Yixing joined as well, interrogating their college lives. When it was time for desserts, everyone became more excited, just like kids. L.Joe’s mom was more than happy and all of you were glad that she’s happy on her very special day. It’s funny on how you and Myungsoo got used to sneaking out during reunions or get-togethers; he again signaled you to follow him. You checked if no one caught you, especially Sunggyu. You turned to Leo who was beside you, he saw. He gave you a smile and nodded. You pecked his cheek before following Myungsoo quietly.