Chap19

Separate Ways [College]

It has been a day since Minyoung and Jihyun had a sleepover; you were busily doing a project when you received a call from Sungjong.

“Hey, Jongie~” You cooed.

“I heard Minyoung and Jihyun visited there.”

“Yeah, they had a sleepover. It was fun. I really miss all of you.”

“We miss you too…Xiao, can I get straight to the point?” His tone suddenly became serious.

“Yeah, sure, what is it?”

“I had a talk with the two girls. Don’t worry, I didn’t tell Myungsoo-hyung or anyone.”

You sighed. “So you know about it too, huh?”

“Xiao, listen to me. I know you’re having a hard time. I can read you more than you can read yourself.”

“You don’t sound like Sungjong.” You tried to joke.

“Well, you know I may be the maknae but I can be the most mature-thinker here.”

“I know. So what were you trying to say?”

“Time spent together doesn’t matter when it comes to love.” He quoted.

It puzzled you. “I can’t understand your point.”

“You’re still scared to admit to yourself that in your heart, there’s no longer Myungsoo, but Leo. You’re scared because you think that what you feel for Leo is just infatuation. He’s the one you’re currently with while you’ve been away from Myungsoo for a long time, considering the situation when you thought you two ‘broke up’. But what you don’t know is the chance you gave made you completely fall for Leo. You just met him when you entered college, but you’ve been with Myungsoo for two years, but it doesn’t matter, Xiao. You don’t want to let go and waste the two years with Myungsoo, that’s why you’re being like that, but fate decided for you to meet Leo and probably because he’s the one for you.”

“How can you know all of that, Sungjong?”

“Like I said, I can read you more than you can read yourself. It’s not just me, everyone does. It’s because you’re easy to read. Your facial expressions, your voice tone, your actions say it all.”

“I guess I’m an open book.” You tried to chuckle.

“Yes, you are. Now, don’t be afraid to talk to hyung, okay?”

“Yes. Thank you very much. I love you~” You smiled.

“No problem. I love you too!”

As Sungjong ended the call, he turned to his hyung. “There, I talked to her as you wanted.”

“Don’t worry, Sungjong. If she still can’t, I will be the one to let her go, so she won’t have a hard time anymore.” Myungsoo tried to smile.

Sungjong stood up and hugged Myungsoo. “Hyung, don’t be sad. I’m sure you’ll find the right person for you someday.”

 

It was Tuesday when your brother suddenly appeared in your school and kidnapped you and your friends. He came alone, and you had no idea where he was bringing all of you.

“Gege, where did you get this van?”

“It’s our company’s.” He was focused on the road.

“Hyung, where are you taking us? I thought you don’t want us to skip again?” Taemin bombarded him with questions.

“It’s a secret, and no, you guys aren’t skipping. I excused all of you.”

You then notice that the road your taking was familiar. “Wait, gege, isn’t this the way to…”

He then parked the van in front of TeenFinite’s house “Yes, it is. I have a surprise for you. C’mon.” He ruffled your hair before getting off.

“Where are we, Xiao? Do you know this place?” Naeun asked.

You nodded. “It’s owned by thirteen boys.”

“Your brother’s workmates?” Ahyoung asked.

“No, they are just twelve.” Taemin said.

“Wait, so does this mean…it’s Infinite and Teen Top’s!” Ken exclaimed.

“Yeah, seven and six are thirteen.” N nodded.

“Woah~ they must be rich! How can they buy such a big house?” Hyuk said as he eyed the house.

“It’s not that expensive and all thirteen of them equally paid, so it lessened the amount for each individual. C’mon, I think we should go in.” You said as you lead the way.

When you guys entered, Teen Top was the only group present. You sighed. You can’t face him yet.

“Xiaoyu!!!” They beamed. L.Joe ran to you and gave you a bear hug.

“Aw, I miss you guys.” You smiled.

“Oh, hey guys!” L.Joe greeted as he noticed your friends.

“It’s been a while!” The others said.

“Where’s gege?” You asked L.Joe.

“Oh, yeah, we have a surprise for you.” He grinned.