Chap2

Separate Ways [College]

(A/N: If you’re wondering, there are no classes yet.)

You, Naeun, Taemin, and Ahyoung decided to have lunch together; Ahyoung invited her boyfriend as well as the other kingkas. The four of you were waiting in the cafeteria when six tall stunning guys entered.

“Wow, Dongwoo-oppa was right. They are really tall just like Chanyeol-oppa and Kris-gege.” You whispered.

The four of you stood up and bowed.

“I’m glad Ahyoung made a lot of new friends.” One of them said. He’s the most handsome and visual-like, so you guessed he’s her boyfriend. “I’m Lee Hongbin, her boyfriend.”

“Ah yes, we should introduce first.” The dark-skinned guy, who seemed to be the leader, said. “I’m Cha Hakyeon. You can call me N.” He brightly smiled.

“What’s with people and alphabet letters these days?” You blurted out. They all eyed you. One of the kingkas lightly chuckled which made their attentions turn to that person.

“Did hyung just chuckle or am I hearing things?” The tallest said.

“Woah, Xiao. You’re really amazing.” Ahyoung whispered.

Taemin nudged you and awkwardly laughed. “You see, our friend here has a habit of blurting things out…”

“Oh no, did I just say that out loud? I’m so sorry! It’s just that people call my boyfriend ‘L’ and now you, ‘N’.” You sheepishly smiled, yet earning another chuckle from the man earlier.

All five boys and Ahyoung stared at him. “I think Leo ate the wrong medicine this morning…or Xiao is just really amazing with Ice Princes.” Ahyoung said which made you blush.

He composed himself and stood with a poker face on like nothing happened.

N cleared his throat. “Anyway, it’s alright.” He ruffled your hair.

“Wait. What? Your boyfriend is L from Infinite?” Another asked.

You nodded. “Wow, he’s the infamous Ice Prince, but I think our Ice Prince is the toughest to melt. Anyway, I’m Kim Wonshik. Ravi will do.”

“I’m Lee Jaehwan or Ken.” A high-pitched guy said.

“Han Sanghyuk~ but Hyuk will do.” The tallest said with aegyo.

The five guys turned their heads to the last person. “Jung Taekwoon. Leo.” His voice was really soft. He was the one who chuckled earlier.

“Is he your Ice Prince?” Naeun asked.

“Well, yes. He doesn’t really talk that much nor show emotions. You may think he’s weird…” Leo glared at him, but Ken ignored him and continued “but he’s really nice and cool.”

“Oh yeah, by the way, these two girls are my roommates, and Naeun’s boyfriend.” Ahyoung introduced.

“Son Naeun-imnida.”

“Lee Taemin-imnida.”

“Zhang Xiaoyu-imnida.”

“You’re Chinese?” N asked.

“I guess you get that question a lot, huh?” Taemin said.

You told again your story to your new friends for them to understand.

“Aren’t you getting jealous when Taemin and Xiaoyu have some skinship?” Ravi asked Naeun.

“No, not really. She loves her boyfriend too much.” Naeun said making you blush.

“It must be hard to be far from each other.” Hyuk commented.

 

You got to know the kingkas during lunch. You learned that N was the eldest, and along with Leo and Ken, they are a year ahead of you guys. On the other hand, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk the maknae, are in the same year as yours. You were amazed with the fact that Myungsoo and Hongbin are very similar: visual, can play the guitar, and loves photography. Nevertheless, it was Leo who reminds you of Myungsoo.

After lunch, the guys decided to hangout at the nearby park. The four boys were playing around like kids, Taemin-Naeun and Hongbin-Ahyoung couples were sitting on different benches being lovey dovey with each other. That left you on another bench sitting beside Leo. It was really awkward. You thank God when your phone rang. It was your dear brother.

“Hey, gege~ are you home now?” You answered the call.

“Yes, Xiao. I just arrived in the dorm because we had a meeting in the company earlier.”

“Oh…anyway, who among the members are staying with you in the dorm? I bet all twelve of you can’t fit in. You guys must be divided.”

“No, Suho found a dorm that is large enough for the twelve of us.”

“Really? Woah~ Suho-oppa is really amazing and rich.”

You heard someone stole the phone from Yixing. “Hi, Xiao!!! Are you with Taemin???” It was Kai.

You rolled your eyes. “Yeah, he’s sitting on the next bench with Naeun.”

“Kai, give me my phone back! I’m talking to my sister!”

“What’s going on here?”

You heard your brother’s and Suho’s voice in the background.

“Can you put your phone on loudspeaker?” Kai asked. You sighed and put it on anyway.

You gestured your phone to Taemin and mouthed ‘Kai’.

“Hi, Taemin!!! How’s life there???” Kai’s voice was really loud.

You laughed. “What are you? His boyfriend?”

“I’m not talking to you.”

“Kai, our classes will start tomorrow. Anyway, it’s fun here. We made a lot of new friends.” Taemin said.

You heard Kai sigh. “Why can’t you just attend here? You, Sehun, and I could be a dance trio!”

“Shut up, Kai. You’ve been complaining about this since we announced we’re attending Jellyfish. We’re already here. Now, if you excuse me and my boyfriend. We’re busy.” Naeun said.

“You’re selfish, Naeun! Give me and Taemin some quality time!” Kai faked a cry.

“You and Taemin have much more time together than with his own girlfriend!” You pointed out.

“Okay, guys, enough. I’ll just call you later, Kai, okay? Now, let Yixing-hyung talk to his sister.” Taemin said and went back to their business.

“Okay!” Kai beamed.

“Gay.” You muttered.

“I heard that, Zhang Xiaoyu!” Kai said in the background.

“I’m going to get that kid later.” Your brother said. “Anyway, how are you coping? Is it nice there?”

“Yes, gege. We made new friends through Ahyoung. They’re really nice and fun.” You forgot your phone was still on speaker and you were sitting beside Leo.

“Oh, really? That’s good to hear. Let me guess, they are guys again, aren’t they? How many are they?”

“Woah, gege, how’d you know? There are six of them; one is Ahyoung’s boyfriend.”

“Just a lucky guess. Your boyfriend won’t like it if he knows about this.”

“Psh. Let him be. Anyway, gege, you sound so tired. You should take a rest. Please give Kai a hard smack for me. Thanks~ love you!”

He chuckled. “Okay. Love you too! Call me if anything happens.”

“Ne~” You felt a pair of eyes on you as you ended the call.

“What?” You turned to him.

He just ignored you and faced the front again.

You frowned. He’s just like Myungsoo when you first met him. You poked his cheeks. “Yah.”

He held your wrist to stop you from poking his cheek. “I’m older than you.” He muttered.

You were still startled by his sudden touch. He looks intimidating, especially with his poker face on. But you can feel he’s nowhere near that.

“Leo~ you know she’s already taken!” Ken teased.

He let go of your wrist and stood up. He started to walk back to the dorms.

“Hyung~ you know Ken was just teasing you!” Ravi called.

“Let him be.” N said as they continue playing.