[육]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Six}

Kyungsoo really didn't expect to find Oh Sehun the next day, barging in to their classroom so suddenly. With that same stoic expression that looked like it was permanently carved on his face, the junior pratically stomped over to Kyungsoo's desk. He attracted a lot of attention of course, because the students had never seen Sehun come in another class before, especially a senior one, as Chanyeol'd said.

"What're you doing here?" Flipping through the pages of his textbook casually, Kyungsoo questioned. He didn't show a slight sign of being surprised, since he was still holding some hatred for Sehun from the day before.

"Your group. I'll join it," Sehun slammed his hand on the other male's desk almost agressivley.

"You!? Now you want to join our group!? Do you know what you did-"

"Chanyeol," Kyungsoo called sternly, and the giant knew straight away to keep his big mouth shut. Drama was starting to stir in the class, as all the students were now looking at the mysterious new student, they were looking at him- Do Kyungsoo. He knew they were wondering how he could attract so much attention when he was just a mere newbie, but he didn't want to pay attention to that right now. There were things he needed to settle with Oh Sehun, was he really being serious or was he trying to play some sort of stupid joke?

"Let's take this... somewhere else," He calmly got up from his chair, walking out of the classroom with Sehun following after him.

There was an empty staircase that Kyungsoo had came across and he grabbed Oh Sehun's shoulder before pushing him against one of the walls. After the things he'd done during that incident, the thought of apologising didn't cross his mind yet, from what Kyungsoo could tell. It looked like Sehun didn't even have a single feeling of pity for them, which he couldn't stand, especially when his father's men shoved a girl on the floor.

"Are you trying to mess with me right now?" Kyungsoo snapped, averting his ice cold gaze with Sehun's, "Do you think we're just people you can toy with all you like?"

"Listen, I'm sorry. For what I did to your friends, I was just- I didn't mean it," Sehun sighed in frustration, "It's my father. I wanted to join this group to show him, that I'm not the coward he thinks I am."

Somehow, Sehun's reason seemed to interest Kyungsoo even more, regarding the topic about his father. From the looks of it, Sehun didn't look like he loved his father or looked up to him in any way. That would explain why he wanted them to kill the elder man. Kyungsoo sympathised with him, because he knew how he felt, he had lots of conflicts too.

"I guess we're on the same boat then," A smirk trailed upon his lips, and he could see Sehun's look of shock when he'd accepted him.

"You're accepting me that easily?" Sehun asked unsurely, not quite believing what the elder had just agreed to, "I-I'm not sure if you're still holding any grudges, but thanks, I guess."

Kyungsoo shrugged nonchalantly, "Well, since you're joining us now, then I hope we get along. Good luck, you're gonna need it." He began to walk off to class, disappearing down the corridor while Sehun was left standing there, clueless. Because this isn't some measly group offer you've just agreed to.

 

 

"So you just accepted him just like that?" Minjae had caught up with him after school, without Chanyeol because he had a club meeting to attend to which Kyungsoo didn't care about.

He didn't understand why Minjae was following him about when he didn't even take notice of her presence, he was ignoring her on purpose and she wasn't feeling irritated at all? But he didn't mind some company at all. Eventhough he should've been thinking about his debt, he found himself secretly listening to Minjae's talk she was going on about.

Kyungsoo nodded as an answer to her earlier question a few minutes ago.

"But what if- is he trying to plan something? Agh, I don't even know how we'll cope with him," He heard the girl whining until some people stared at the both of them, thinking that the reason she was upset was because of him. As he side glanced, he could see his and Minjae's shoulders lightly bumping against each other and almost swiftly, he shoved her away with his shoulder.

"Hey, what was that for!?" Minjae yelled at him, tone of voice completely unsatisfied with his behaviour.

"Don't stand to close to me, people are thinking I'm the one who's making you upset," Kyungsoo explained while he unwrapped a piece of candy, plopping it in his mouth shortly after.

"I didn't know you cared about your image that much," The girl sneered, but the boy didn't care at her teasing at all. He stopped in surprise when she had suddenly come in front of him with an idiotic smile plastered on her face, something told him it wasn't good. "Let's go somewhere."

Raising an eyebrow out of curiosity, Kyungsoo decided to ask, "Where?"

"Just follow, it'll help with our year end task too, newbie," She grinned before she ran off, leaving him the only choice to chase after her.

"Newbie?" Kyungsoo muttered under his breath, "We'll see about that, Go Minjae." The competitiveness was running through his veins as he fastened his pace to follow the girl wherever she was going to take her. 

[- -]

Minjae looked behind her to see if the cold boy was following her. She couldn't hold back her smile when she saw him walking fast, determined to catch up with her. When he did, she gestured for him to look where they were at.

"Yonsei College?" Kyungsoo was scanning the educational building in front of him curiously, looking around the area where the both of them were standing in front of.

"Yeah, I know people here," She replied and unknowingly grabbed his wrist for him to follow her.

The two of them walking together like this, they looked like a sweet couple to be honest. It was like Minjae was the stubborn girlfriend and Kyungsoo was the really uninterested boyfriend. That would be true, if they'd excluded the parts about the boyfriend and girlfriend thing. But Minjae wasn't letting go, she didn't know she was holding on to Kyungsoo's wrist so protectively, if she'd just observed what she was doing more then she would've taken note of it. Whereas he was too busy observing the new surroundings of the college to notice the girl holding on his wrist. Minjae figured that if he'd noticed, then he'd roughly release his wrist from her grip.

Both students didn't utter anything, walking around the campus silently instead to find the people Minjae was looking for.

Finally, the two of them had come across the soccer field where the players where just finishing up their practice. Minjae started to get excited when she spotted her recently made friends Xiumin and Luhan resting on the bleachers. She hurriedly dragged Kyungsoo over with her to the two sweaty boys, and Kyungsoo was still looking around the place. It made Minjae wonder if he'd ever been in a college campus his whole life or if he'd even seen a proper college. But of course, she was just wondering.

"Guys!" Minjae waved, catching the attention of the two boys.

It looked like Luhan had already noticed the new boy next to the girl, because he asked straightforwardly, "Ohhh, Minjae! Who is that? Your boyfriend, perhaps? And you're so protective about him already!" He gestured his head to her hand which was holding Kyungsoo's wrist.

Kyungsoo automatically shook his hand off of the girl's grip, eyes widening once he realised that she was holding on to it the whole time. As for Minjae, she blushed rapidly before doing the same as what Kyungsoo was doing. The two high schoolers were flustered from the way their faces turned a bright red when Luhan was grinning at them.

"It's already so obvious, so what are you two lovebirds here for?" Luhan questioned.

But before the youngers could answer, they protested in unison, "We're not lovebirds!"

"Woah woah woah," The elder boy raised his hands up defensively, "Alright, alright. You don't need to get embarrassed about your PDA kids."

"PDA!?" Minjae's mouth was agape in disbelief, "Like I would ever display affection with him! I'd never date him in a million years!" She didn't know why she'd said that, but maybe it was true. She didn't like the cold Do Kyungsoo all that much, but she took this oppurtunity to hang out with him today since she wanted to know more about him. Plus, she was kind of lonely because her friends were busy today, and they weren't that close anyway.

"I'd jump off a mountain if I were to date her," Kyungsoo pointed his thumb to her, "And I'm the least bit interested about what she does anyway."

Minjae didn't know why her heart sort of droppped at that comment, it only made her blood boil more. With a fuming look on her face she shot back, "As if anyone's interested about you, you !"

"Ugh, Luhan, look what you did now-" Minseok nudged his friend with his elbow against his ribcage, causing Luhan to frown at him.

"What did I do!? And if you're thinking I provoked them Baozi," Luhan went in between the two furious high schoolers, placing his fingers on each of their foreheads before pushing them apart from killing each other, "There, the problem is solved." He dusted his hands while letting out a "tired" sigh, "So, back to our topic, young ones."

"Well... you see, the seniors in our school have a list of things to do for the end of the year, which I think is pretty stupid, so I was wondering if the both of you would care to join our group- but if you don't want to, it's totally understandable-"

"Okay, we'll join it," Luhan grinned while Minjae widened her eyes at his simple answer. She didn't even have to use any effort to try to convince him. Minjae would be totally fine if he and Minseok disagreed though, they'd just met not long ago, so she really didn't see the reason why these two popular seniors would agree on joining them.

"By the way," Minseok piped up, turning his head over to Kyungsoo who stood a distance away from the three of them, kicking the bare ground with his feet, "We haven't introduced ourselves properly yet..."

Minjae followed Minseok's stare which was on Kyungsoo. She rolled her eyes at him looking uninterested, the least he could've done was pretend to act interested so they wouldnt've given off a bad image. She couldn't understand the boy at all, she couldn't understand why he was so unbothered with everything on the outside, but in the inside she knew there was something he was hiding. And that only made her wanting to get closer to him.

As for now though, she had to drag him over here. Stomping over to Kyungsoo, Minjae didn't hesitate to grab him by the wrist, pulling him over to the two seniors.

"What are you doing!?" Kyungsoo tried to shake his hand off her grip, but his attempts failed.

"Introduce yourself," was the girl's reply to the arrogant boy.

Minseok and Luhan looked very entertained at the duo's way of trying to 'get along'. They couldn't hide the smirk on their faces, because it looked like a couple fight if anyone who didn't know them were to judge.

When Kyungsoo was standing in front of them, he sighed irritatedly before bowing, "Hello, the name's Do Kyungsoo..."

"Kyungsoo eh?" Luhan nodded, "Alright, it's nice to meet you too. My name is Luhan and the guy next to me is Kim Minseok, we're both sophomores in this college and we're in the soccer team, anything about yourself?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter