[삼]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Three}

The smell of freshly cooked eggs lingered around the place, causing Kyungsoo's nose to sniff the mouth watering scent. He wasn't lying on the cold ground, like how he had predicted when he passed out. And the place was quiet, with the clattering of plates from a distance...

Wait a minute...

Kyungsoo's eyes immediately shot open as he lifted himself off the couch he remembered not having. His eyes madly searched around the unfamiliar place. The apartment he was in had lots of stylish furniture with the latest gadgets, it looked expensive- things Kyungsoo could never afford. There was a wide window where almost the whole of Seoul could be looked over by. It was truly too upscale for him, who had lived in a shabby apartment with cracked windows and old furniture.

At that moment, he had turned around where the kitchen was. A girl with long dark brown hair stood, humming to a tune that was mellifluous to his ears. Kyungsoo would've sat down quietly to just listen, but the most important question he had in his mind right now was : Where was he?

He remembered getting off the boat, walking around Seoul in search of money because he totally forgot about bringing some... until he knocked in to a really pissed off guy, who pinned him to the wall, and did all sorts of things before he remembered someone talking to him as he passed out. Maybe the girl in the kitchen had brought him to her place.

"Mhm..." Kyungsoo cleared his throat loudly, startling the girl as she turned around.

"Oh, you're awake? You know you really shouldn't be moving around-" 

Before she could say anything else, Kyungsoo had cut her off, "Who cares about all that... Where am I?"

"Well... it was a really long story because you passed out and I didn't know what to do so I had to take you here," Her gaze traveled down to the floor.

The boy raised an eyebrow at her. He wasn't entirely convinced, and he still didn't know if he could trust her. His eyes were serious, and that expression didn't falter a single bit, but he failed to take a step forward because he felt a soreness at the lower part of his body around his waist. It caused him to wince in irritation, he  collapsed on the sofa again before he knew it.

", was I stabbed or something?" He murmured under his breath so the girl couldn't hear him.

"Actually..." The girl started, "you were stabbed. That was why I told you not to move,or else your wounds will open up again." She sat on the space of the couch next to him. Kyungsoo looked at her weirdly, widening his eyes when her face drawed near to his, too close for his liking. He found her observing his face strangely, like he had some of deformity or something. 

Kyungsoo sealed his lips in a thin line, staring back at the girl with unamused eyes as he poked his index finger against her forehead, pushing her back roughly, "Could you stop staring at me like I came from another planet?"

"Geez, calm down," She sat up again, "I was just checking on your wounds."

"I'm fine," He replied coldly, proceeding to get off the couch eventhough the pain in his waist was telling him not to. Lifting up his bag from the floor, he made his way to the exit of the apartment, "I have to go."

"Hey, where are you going? What about your wounds?" She shouted, confused, but he had already slipped on his shoes and closed the door without another word.

Kyungsoo sighed, staring down at his watch. Great. I'm going to be late for school... I wonder if I can change at a nearby public bathroom or something. He didn't want to get a reputation on the first day of senior year in Seoul. But as he limped his way out of the apartment after coming out of the elevator, his mind trailed back to the girl... or maybe his saviour? No way, I'll probably never see her again. I didn't even say thank you though...

 

 

 

When Kyungsoo had heard Yonsei High was gigantic for a school, he never expected it to be bigger than an amusement park. Or maybe he was just exaggerating. Still, it was way larger than his old school campus, which wasn't even up to par to this. Well, it was a pretigious school after all so they had to look highly ranked to the public, or no one would enroll their child here.

Adjusting his tie nervously, Kyungsoo tried to keep his calm composure. He was lucky he had the chance to change in one of those public bathrooms like what he thought about earlier. I'm going to hate this, I know it.

Looking around, this place was filled with rich kids. They were coming in their fancy cars which probably costed millions, gadgets that even Kyungsoo never could have. All of them looked so out of his league, he didn't think he fitted in with all these people, especially his background. But he didn't let all these thoughts get the better of him, he knew he could be just as good as them. He was living a new life. An alcoholic father? He didn't have one. A mother who ran away because of debt? Please, he didn't have that either.

Kyungsoo continued walking down the main path to the main building, where he asked the receptionist about his class. When he had received it he decided to stroll around the building to search for his class, since there were five more minutes left. People were staring at him, with those questioning eyes. He could tell they'd never seen him before, and he stared back at them. He'd never been stared at before like he was a person of interest, except for when he was running from authorities, he was never actually stared at. Not even a single glance was spared for him.

This place isn't that bad, but these students really need to stop giving me judgemental looks. 

"Students, you have one minute before the bell rings. I repeat, one minute," A voice informed through the speakers.

"Alright, I'm in trouble- Where's class 3-2?" Kyungsoo asked himself, knocking his head multiple times for an answer he would never find. He cursed himself for not asking the receptionist again. He decided to go up the stairs, and fortunately, class 3-2 was there when he made a right turn. The bell had already rung, but he knew he wasn't going to get in trouble for this. After all, he was a new student.

Kyungsoo neared the classroom door as he slid it open without any fear or nervousness whatsoever. The teacher's podium came to view, along with the homeroom teacher staring at him before breaking in to a welcoming smile.

"Ah, so you made it!" The homeroom teacher, an old man, pulled Kyungsoo by the wrist up the the teacher's podium. Kyungsoo stared down at his hand, trying to shake the old man's grip off of it.

"Woah, Mr. Gu, who's the new face? Looks like he enjoys fighting a lot!" All of the students' attention was directed on Kyungsoo, the new boy. He kept a straight face on, waiting for the teacher's instructions. The students were nuisances with all their shouting, he thought. Back at the North, class was never this lively.

His face was unfortunately, still bruised. Mr. Gu looked at him, asking him what happened, "I fell." It was simple as that, and the old man bought it.

"I've heard about you from the principal, you should introduce yourself," Mr. Gu continued, giving him an encouraging pat on the back. Kyungsoo gave him a half-hearted smile the old man thankfully, didn't see through.

Kyungsoo started off with a low bow, "Hello, I'm Do Kyungsoo. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I don't really have anything to say about myself, maybe it's for you guys to find out. Thank you," He really didn't want to provide too many details about himself. If they were ever curious, they could ask him themselves, which Kyungsoo doubted they would do.

"Oh, very mysterious my boy! Did you hear that class? If you're interested about our new friend, you can ask him," Mr. Gu laughed while half of the class applauded, and some girls giggled,"Now, Kyungsoo... you can sit with... Byun Baekhyun! The boy at the back."

Baekhyun? Kyungsoo's eyes followed where Mr. Gu had pointed, to find a boy lying on his desk, head shooting up at the mention of his name, "Me?!"

"Yes. Mr. Byun, you."

When Kyungsoo went to his seat next to the boy named Baekhyun, the quiet boy removed his bag off the seat where Kyungsoo was going to sit. He saw the boy shoot an annoyed look at him, later resting his head on the table again. Well, he looks ticked off. He rolled his eyes, taking a look around the class. On one of the seats, he saw the same girl from earlier this morning, shooting him a concerned look. Kyungsoo decided to ignore her, it was unusual why she even cared about his injuries anyway. He focused back on the lesson that was going to commence.

"Alright class, textbooks out please!"

At that moment, Kyungsoo's eyes enlarged to the size of an owl's, he didn't have any books at all. Everything in his bag were just things he brought from the North to here, and those things were just useless in school. Even Baekhyun woke up from his slumber to take out his textbook, smirking before he whispered next to his ear, making him scoot further until he was at the edge of the seat, "You know, Mr. Gu doesn't go easy on people who don't bring their books. You may think you're gonna be let off since you're a new student, but he doesn't show mercy to newbies either." Baekhyun's smirk made Kyungsoo glare at him, , you don't even know what I've been through.

His head was just about to collapse on the table when he felt a tap on the wooden texture of his desk. In front of him, there was boy with eyes that looked as big as his, and he flashed his shining set of teeth. Kyungsoo didn't know if it was welcoming or just plain creepy, or it was a mix of both.

"You didn't bring your book right? Here, I've got an extra," He slid it on Kyungsoo's table, and the boy didn't understand why he would have two textbooks, "My name's Chanyeol, by the way! You look kinda good-looking, you should totally join my club-"

"Park Chanyeol! Where is your attention directed to?" Mr. Gu shouted at the boy named Chanyeol, startling him.

"I'm sorry sir!" Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter