[마지막]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{FINAL}

 

"D-Do Kyungsoo... T-That's really you, isn't it?" Baekhyun stuttered. 

"Byun Baekhyun, do you really think this is a dream?" Minjae nudged him, not keeping her eyes off the boy standing at the doorway for the slightest second.

Truthfully, she couldn't believe it either. How was it possible that the very boy she thought she would never see again was standing right in front of her with his nonchalant wide-eyed gaze. It didn't feel like a dream or a hallucination   it felt extremely real-like to her, and she was positive he wasn't a figment of her imagination or Baekhyun's. 

The boy had changed quite a bit in appearance. He'd grown a few inches taller now, although he still wouldn't be as tall as Chanyeol, but it was evident he was not who he used to be in high school. His hair was carelessly swept to one side instead of his fringe covering his forehead which made him give off a rebellious, attractive appearance. He wore a black leather jacket with a white shirt, some black denim jeans and some new, white sneakers. 

It was undoubtedly Do Kyungsoo.

The boy who they didn't want to believe was dead just because he was forced to jump in the water by the loan sharks. The boy who didn't even have the opportunity to say them a proper goodbye on the incident that happened a few months ago. The boy who'd been dragged out to a new place he had no clue of just because of his father's debt. The boy, who'd endured so much hardship throughout the past year, finally made an appearance. 

"What Go Minjae said. You guys haven't changed at all  "

Kyungsoo was interrupted when a pile of papers abruptly crashed on the ground behind him. There, standing with his mouth wide open, was none other than Park Chanyeol. The giant widened his eyes when he saw a certain someone standing at the doorway so casually. Minjae could see how his hands were almost shaking frantically as he tried to muster up the courage to blurt something out of his talkative mouth. 

This was going to be fun to watch.

 

"K-K-K-K-Kyungs-s-soo..."

Everything had become so amusing the moment Kyungsoo set foot in the Yonsei University hallway that was specially made for clubs. He'd been exploring the place for a bit, and happened to stumble across two extremely familiar people on his one man tour. From the way they were bickering, he could tell that those two were his friends already, with one being his girlfriend.

Now, he'd encountered another of his friends who he'd thought of quite a lot for the few months that he was away from Seoul. The expression on Park Chanyeol's face once they met eyes was hilarious, because it was the exact same expression he'd seen on both Minjae and Baekhyun's faces. Well, this was the look he was expecting them to give him after all.

"Chanyeol, you're starting your own club?" Kyungsoo asked with his hands in his pockets as he gestured his head to the papers that were now sprawled on the ground. 

"H-Huh?" Chanyeol snapped out of his daze, clumsily bending down and gathering his papers together before standing up once again. "Y-Yeah, a club. B-B-But you... A-Are you real?"

"Do I look fake to you?" Kyungsoo couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. He closed his fingers together to make a fist, and he bumped it against the giant's chest. "Snap out of it already. This isn't a dream, you idiot."

Then, he turned towards Baekhyun. The said boy closed his mouth that had originally was still wide open, and he gathered his composure when Kyungsoo stared at him. 

"Byun Baek," Kyungsoo averted his gaze to Minjae, and he could see her cheeks starting to turn red, "did you take care of my girl for me?"

"M-Me?" Baekhyun pointed at himself. 

"H-Him?" Minjae pointed at Baekhyun incredulously. "Puh-lease, he did nothing but tease me every single week and every single day! Did you think his cocky personality would change?" She crossed her arms and glared at him. 

"Fine, fine, I'm sorry. Kyungsoo yah, I really didn't bully her every day   But now the important person is you. You have a lot of questions you need to be answering from us. Even if you were gone for only a few months, did you know how much we freaking missed you?" Baekhyun frowned as he rubbed his eyes. "Y-You punk, really. At least you could've called us or something."

"I know, but a lot of things happened." Kyungsoo sighed in response. "I'll tell you guys about it now, since you guys will probably beat me up if I don't."

 

 

And so, Kyungsoo had no choice but to commence his long story of how he'd finally got here. Well, he couldn't even start because Chanyeol had decided to call over Minseok, Luhan and Sehun. Imagine how rowdy it got when those three arrived. Seriously, Kyungsoo had never seen Oh Sehun so emotional before, because the younger literally pounced on him and sprouted out all sorts of incoherent gibberish due to him not being able to believe that Kyungsoo was really not dead.  

He told them all about the events that happened during the past months he seemingly disappeared off the face of earth. Honestly, he was never gone to begin with. 

He didn't know what day it was, or what time he was, but he found himself on someone's boat in the dawn of the day. He knew it was roughly about ten hours he jumped because the sun was shining bright in his eyes. 

As soon as he opened his eyes, he found two curious pairs of eyes blinking at him. The first face he saw was an old man who was wearing fishing gear. Wrinkles decroated his face and his skin was tanned, but in his eyes Kyungsoo could see how concerned he was because of him. The other was a man who looked entirely younger than the old man. He had light brown hair, and his neat fringe covered his forehead. His skin was fairly pale, and he beared some resemblance to the old man next to him. 

Immediately, when Kyungsoo realised where he was, he rose up. He knew he wasn't supposed to be here, he was supposed to be somewhere else. Anywhere than this boat which was heading to some place he didn't know of. 

"He's awake, grandfather!"

"I-I-I need to go   I have things to take care of..." He panted tiredly, and struggled to stand up, but he suddenly felt an excrutiating pain hit him in the leg. He used all his strength to endure the pain he was feeling. He dragged his foot to the edge of the boat and his hands gripped on the railings. The surroundings were filled with nothing but water for what seemed like a thousand miles. There was no he could get out of here. B-But I really need to see if my friends are doing okay, Kyungsoo thought to himself bitterly. 

"Young man, stop pushing yourself, you're bleeding!"

However, the old man's concerned shouts were completely ignored by Kyungsoo. "G-Grandfather, w-w-where is this boat heading to?"

"J-Jeju island, why do you ask?" The old man questioned. 

"No..." Kyungsoo banged his fist on the railings, causing them to vibrate agressively. "That's so far away..."

"Now's no time to be talking about that! You're bleeding!" The younger boy, who looked to be a few years older than Kyungsoo, pestered him to take a seat on one of the chairs they had on the deck. Kyungsoo felt too weak to be doing anything, so he just sat down obediently. When they rolled up his pants, he could see their eyes widen. 

"This is a g-gunshot wound..." The young boy stated. "I think you need to get this treated at a hospital or something. For now, let's just bandage t-this up."

"I can't go to a hospital... You guys can never take me to a hospital. I'll get it treated somewhere else. You don't need to worry about it. By the way, when did you find me?"

"We just f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter