[십구]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{NINETEEN}

Month 03 Day 11

"That's the last of them, am I right?" Baekhyun scanned the empty field scattered with the bodies of men who had passed out. 

"Guess so, that wasn't too hard now, was it?" Sehun kneeled down on one leg, turning over one man to find him still. It was fortunate that he was still breathing. They were just high school boys, they wouldn't ever think of going to the extent of murdering them.

"WASN'T TOO HARD?! What do you mean, I almost put my life at stake! Ask Minseok, those guys were carrying weapons!" Everyone turned their heads to Luhan, who was shooting all of them a judging look. To him, every fight they had for the past month had been 'putting his life at stake'. 

Minseok appeared from behind his best friend before slapping him across the back of his head, shocking him, "Luhan, they were just carrying long wooden poles, and those were fairly hard, but it wouldnt've been enough to kill you. You were lucky they weren't made out of metal, so stop complaining!"

"Yeah, so much for being a hyung, am I right?" Baekhyun cackled amusedly, with Chanyeol joining in shortly after.

"You piece of crap, I'm going to beat you up til your face becomes too embarrassing to show up for school!"

"Try me!" Baekhyun and Luhan glared at each other, both of them having the same competitive expression etched on their faces, but now wasn't the time for that. 

Kyungsoo stood by the side, watching them. He felt utterly embarrassed once he thought that these were the guys that helped him take down these twenty men. One second they were cold-blooded fighting machines, the next they were bickering elementary school kids who didn't know when to keep their mouths shut. People would definitely doubt that they were the most highly demanded gang all the other high school gangs wanted to fight once they saw how all of them acted.

Shaking his head, he decided to leave them at that and turned to the bruised leader lying on the floor. Apparently, he'd appeared with his men when they were exiting school the other day. They had acted too cocky infront of them, it was too hard not to turn them down. 

"10 million, that was your set price, I presume?" He lowered his head down, and there was fear written all over the leader's face.

"Hey, hey, kid! Look here, about that 10 million," He nervously glanced over at the bag of money that was lying on the floor, untouched and isolated from the rest of the gang members, "You reckon we can make it 5 million? We were acting too proud infront of you kiddos, and we admit, that we shouldnt've, so what do you say?" He shot him a crooked smile and stuck out his hand.

Seriously? Is this bastard joking? Kyungsoo sighed before stuffing his hands in his pockets He couldn't help but to let out a small chuckle filled with sarcasm. Soon, his smile slowly disappeared, and it was replaced by an indifferent gaze. Just like that, Kyungsoo walked past the leader's hand, which was still stuck out, leaving him speechless.

He retrieved the bag of money, slinging it over his shoulders, "5 million? You've got to be kidding me. Just because we're minors, you think we're that soft hearted? Keep dreaming, you old man." And with those heartless words, he and s walked into the distance, out of the empty grassy field.

From a distance, they could hear the leader's furious shouts, "I'LL GET YOU ONE DAY! YOU LITTLE TROUBLEMAKERS! WHEN WE FIND YOU AGAIN, WE'RE GOING TO MAKE SURE WE WIN ALL YOUR MONEY! AND I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW, I'M NOT AN OLD MAN, I'M TURNING 32 THIS YEAR..."

"You know what he's blabbering about back there?" Luhan looked back at where they'd fought moments ago, poking his index finger in his ear.

"No idea," Kyungsoo didn't bother turning around, they weren't even worth his time, now that he thought about it. 

So far, over the past month, he was happy to say that they'd collected another 100 million from fighting with various other gangs around the area. Some were because of the rematches they wanted. It was a baffling amount to many people, but they really couldnt believe that they'd come this far. Luckily, there were many schools around the Seoul area, and within every one, there had to be at least one gang.

"How much was it? 10 million, did they say?" Chanyeol peeked in the bag that Kyungsoo had slung over his shoulder, eyes sparkling at the stacks of notes, "Woah, that's tons!" He spread his arms out in amazement, eventhough he was the son of a rich man, and possibly an heir to his father's company just like everybody else he'd recruited in his gang. He wasn't too sure about Luhan and Minseok though.

"Since our leader has led us well today, he definitely has to treat us to dinner!"

 

"Yeah, I'm starving, don't you agree, Sehun ah?"

"I am pretty hungry, and pork belly would taste like heaven right now!"

"Come on Kyungsoo, just one time, we've pratically been working our butts off and sacrificing our lives!"

Kyungsoo heaved a tired sigh. How could he refuse them?

 

Month 03 Day 12

"Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo, Park Chanyeol and Oh Sehun, please report to the principal's as soon as possible."

After the announcement on the PA system, the students broke out into hushed whispers. Kyungsoo glanced around the classroom, where all the attention was suddenly directed from Mr. Gu to them. Then he turned around, to see Chanyeol having the same clueless look as he was. 

Kyungsoo felt that something was wrong. Since his enrollment here, he was never ever called by the principal, even once. His breath hitched before his eyes widened. Could it have been... that the principal had found out about what they'd been doing? Everything in the school knew, the rumours had surely reached to the teachers first, then to him.

"Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo and Park Chanyeol," The three of them turned to look at Mr. Gu, who had a serious expression on, "Didn't you three hear the announcement? Get going!" They couldn't tell if the look on his face was from disappointment because he somehow knew what they'd been up to, or maybe it was entirely something else.

"O...kay," Chanyeol stood up from his seat, and waited for the both of his friends to stand up after him.

All of the stares from their classmates were still on them, and Kyungsoo could pick up on what they were saying.

"The principal probably found out about all of their gang fights, serves them right."

"He's just a new student, and he's already caused so much trouble here, even bringing Chanyeol and Baekhyun in this!"

"I knew transfer students were no good, they'll just cause trouble."

There were so many faces of his classmates he saw who were cheering for him weeks ago, but now they looked too timid to even utter a word, afraid that they would be outcasted by the other students. Kyungsoo couldn't believe almost half of his classmates were so two-faced, changing their point of views so quickly. Nobody stood up for them, no one genuinely cared, did they?

"All of you should just shut up!" The loud screech of a chair being pushed back with force caught everyone's attention, and Minjae was standing confidently infront of the class, "You kids don't even know the reason they've been called, and you're throwing all sorts of insults at them already. What do you know? Have you ever been in their situations before- No, I bet you guys don't even know what their situation is, so don't bother jumping to conclusions."

Kyungsoo's insides warmed up, and his heart did too, as he stood there staring at Minjae. He felt proud, seeing that someone really did care, and he felt like the happiest person the world, seeing that she had stood up for him. The both of them met gazes before a wide s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter