[삼십팔]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{THIRTY-EIGHT}

?? ??

Minjae hadn't kept count of how many months had passed, but in the blink of an eye, graduation came. A lot had happened during the past year; they'd all went through smiles and tears. Ever since Kyungsoo disappeared, everything was pretty much back to normal. There were no more gangs who showed up in front of Yonsei anymore, which made school life a lot more boring for the remaining months they had. 

It was an understatement to say that she didn't miss Do Kyungsoo. She longed for him, every single day, from the moment she woke up to the moment she closed her eyes. Throughout her days, her mind would be interrupted with small fragments of memories she had with the boy before the big incident. She sometimes couldn't help herself to wonder if the boy was really dead, because she didn't want to convince herself that he was watching them up from above. 

She missed him, more than anybody.

As she made her way up to the familiar staircase, dressed in her graduation robe, a smile took over the corners of her lips. When she reached the end of the staircase, her eyes stared down at the doorknob that was starting to stain with age. Her right hand reached for the doorknob, and her grip lingered on it for a while. 

For the last time, she wanted to see this place. This place that she discovered for only a short amount of time, this place that was able to calm her the instant she entered it. This place made her feel at ease.

Finally, she gathered the courage to twist the doorknob. The door flung open and the wind immediately enveloped her in a hug, as if expressing it's joy to see her back in such a long time. Minjae found her legs guiding her to the aged ledge of the rooftop where she could see seniors from below all dressed in their graduation robs. She spotted some familiar people in the crowd, and she couldn't help but smile. 

The first ones she saw were Baekhyun and his family. The boy was grinning as his mother was cupping his cheeks, and his father looked at his son with a sense of pride which was evident on the man's face. It was a surprise to find even Baekhyun's brother standing with them, considering his relationship with his father. It was a pleasant sight to see Byun Baekhyun finally looking so lively with his family. 

Then, there was Oh Sehun. The boy was still wearing his emotionless facade that Minjae could still remember so vividly from the first day they met. He was still a junior, so he wasn't graduating yet. However, the look on his face sort of told everyone around him that he really wanted to graduate right now. He was busy eyeing Chanyeol with envy as the boy received tons of graduation bouquets. 

"See, Yoora noona! I told you I'd graduate. Seriously Dad, ask Sis to think about her words before she starts assuming someone is going to be a high school dropout." Chanyeol shot a look at his sister before sticking out his tongue.

"Park Chanyeol, you brat! Come here!" His sister didn't hesitate to lock the taller boy in a suffocating headlock. Their parents watched from the side with amused smiles on their faces. 

Minjae sighed in content. Her heart was filled with too much warmth at the sight of her friends looking so different in contrast to months ago. She continued to stare at the crowd until a shout interrupted her thoughts. 

"Aish, Minjae noona!" Minjoon came running up to her, a dissatisfied frown plastered on his face. "Why'd you ditch me in the crowd down there? Seriously, I was lucky Chanyeol hyung didn't spot me, or I wouldn't be here right now!" But slowly, the crease from his eyebrows started to relax and the frown on his lips was replaced by his pearly whites. From his back, the younger boy presented a bouquet of gorgeous-looking flowers assorted in a variety of different vibrant colours. The bouquet was wrapped in sparkling silver paper and stuck on it was a typical 'Happy Graduation' card. 

"Go Minjoon..." 

"What? Why are you looking at me with that look, noona? Yes, I know you're touched but you really don't have to keep staring at me like that. It's honestly creeping me out a little bit." Minjoon stated, taking careful steps back. 

But once Minjae stretched her hands out, the younger boy rolled his eyes. He mimicked her actions, though what he got was a little bit different from what he was expecting to get. Minjae snatched the bouquet from him before smacking him once with it without a second thought. 

"I know you stole this from someone, am I right?!" 

"I didn't steal! Just because I did it twice the last time doesn't mean I'm going to do it again! I was young and stupid back then, alright? Take it, I sincerely bought it with my money and not the money Dad gave me." Minjoon snatched the bouquet back, pushing it aggressively against his sister. Though, Minjae wasn't affected by his puny actions.

"Tsch, fine, fine. I acknowledge your kindness." Minjae reached a hand to ruffle her brother's hair. 

"Hey, hey, I spent one hour styling that  "

"Go Minjae! What're you waiting for? The ceremony is about to start and you're still here?"

Standing at the doorway to the rooftop was Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun and Sehun were next to him, both of them carrying frantic look son their faces. For a second, a look of puzzlement crossed over Minjae's face. She turned her attention towards her brother, before they widened their eyes in unison. The CEREMONY!

"W-What are you guys waiting for?! We need to go now, now, now!" Minjae rushed to the door, accidentally throwing her bouqet in the process. Her mind was in such a mess, there wasn't any time to think about anything else. When she couldn't hear footsteps behind her, she turned a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter