[십사]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{FOURTEEN}

Month 01 Day 3

 

"Luhan, I don't like the idea of this," Minseok awkwardly followed his friend, who was hiding behind a wall as if the five people that had just entered Yonsei High were looking for him. But of course, nobody that tough looking would look for Luhan.

Despite Minseok's pleads to drag him away, Luhan wasn't listening. His ears completely blocked out all of the older boy's complaints, and he focused on the five harsh looking boys. As soon as the both of them exited the entrance of their college, they could already see all the students moving to only one direction : to Yonsei High. 

Now, being the meddlesome person Luhan was, which was in a great contrast to his friend Minseok, he found his legs walking over to the scene unknowingly. It was uncommon for such a big crowd to be around Yonsei High, so who wouldn't check it out?  His brain was screaming at him, it was urging him to go.

And so he did, out of childish curiosity.

"We're supposed to go the other way, not stand around here aimlessly looking at a bunch of five boys," Minseok rolled his eyes and tried to drag his friend by the arm, until he noticed that his hands were pratically stuck on the wall like it was his lover. He knew if Luhan held onto something, it meant that he didn't want to be yanked away by him. It was always impossible for Minseok to anyway, that boy had an ultra strong grip.

Taking a deep breath, Minseok leaned close near the concentrated boy's ear, preparing to scream with all his might just so he could snap him out of his senses, "LUHA--"

"Shhh, Minseok," Luhan pressed his finger against Minseok's lips, his eyes still following the five boys who'd just disappeared in the building of the school, "You'll ruin my concentration," He released his finger off the boy's lips and leaned against the wall, "What are those boys here for? And who are they anyway?" He thought hard, until he saw that almost everyone was talking about it. What better way would there be to find out? He could just eavesdrop.

Through that short period of time, he couldn't believe that he'd picked up so much information.

"It's Winner... What do you think they're doing here?"

"As expected, ever since Do Kyungsoo, Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol and Oh Sehun defeated Seoul High, I bet many gangs would be determined to beat them."

"BTS isn't the strongest gang in Seoul you know, there are stronger ones, including these guys!"

"They don't look pretty strong, their school ranks last in gangs..."

"We're going to lose, they look like they're going to beat sunbaes into pulps!"

"Eh, Kyungsoo?" Luhan widened his eyes when he remembered the boy. That emotionless looking boy who had trouble socialising, and someone who rarely smiled. He looked more on the academic, kind of nerd side than the troublemaking side. A quiet student who didn't talk at all, but was still good in grades and behavious, Luhan imagined. Anyone would be doubtful the first time, hearing that a person like him was the one responsible for forming a gang who'd defeated BTS.

It looked like what Luhan thought of Kyungsoo was completely wrong. Just like that, the geeky student image was down the drain of nonsensical thoughts. They didn't fit together at all.

But as Luhan started to remember on what the commotion was about earlier, his eyes widened in realisation. He turned to Minseok who couldn't grasp the situation fast enough and squeezed his cheeks together, making the elder one baffled.

"Lu--"

"Minseok ah, I think our friends are in trouble," Luhan informed dramatically him with eyes full of panic, "We need to see what's happening. Imagine it, four helpless high school boys, with nothing to protect them whatsoever, and only their puny fists to assist them! They'll die for sure if we don't do something! I mean, look at the both us, we'd sure be able to deafeat them in one blow, right? Like this, POW!" He tried to perform some punches he saw before in a one hour martial arts video, but it looked like he'd only absorbed 10 percent of the contents in his mind.

"Oh oh, sure..." Minseok nodded, and Luhan's eyes brightly lit up, "If we want to get our teeth all punched out, and sprain our legs so we can be kicked off from the football team, then sure..." And just like that Luhan's look of happiness was gone. He really did love football...

Luhan looked to the direction where those Winner boys had went off to, and then he looked at the direction of his college, thinking about his football passion and what were to happen if they would get involved with those gangsters. At first, he was ready to tell Minseok that they were going to head home, but he hesitated. It wasn't a big deal, he thought, for them to be checking out on what was happening between Kyungsoo's gang and Winner. He decided they were just going to stay there for no more than five minutes, they could flee then.

"Minseok, I'm going to see what's happening," Luhan proceeded ahead, leaving Minseok there with his arms crossed, oblivious to his surroundings.

"I knew you were smart, now let's head home before--" Minseok blinked dumbfoundedly at the empty space where he'd seen Luhan at. He turned his head and saw the boy with chocolate coloured hair sprinting to the entrance of the high school, "Luhan! Wait up!" He followed after his friend.

 

 

Luhan hid behind one of the walls as soon as he saw the two gangs come face to face. He had to admit, Kyungsoo gave off a charismatic vibe with his determined look and the boys behind him. He was starting to think they were all more manlier than him, and he thought that he was the manliest person on the face of earth. Abit self conceited, but he didn't admit it.

He could feel an arm press on his back. Guessing that it was Minseok, he continued to focus ont he scene infront of him, knowing that he was sure going to nag him about running off without a word. Actually, he'd told him that he was going, but Minseok probably wasn't listening. 

"How could you just leave like that? I looked like an idiot nodding and talking to myself," He could hear him complain until he nudged his knee, causing him to quiet down. 

Minseok bent down beside him and once he saw what was going on, he was interested. Normally, he wouldn't be curious, but since he was here now, he might've as well watched and enjoy the show. It wasn't everyday something like this happened. However, he was getting the feeling this was going to be happening quite often if Kyungsoo's gang became notorious.

The two boys couldn't get the whole conversation since they were at a distance away from them, so they could only get small bits. Something was going to happen in two weeks at Hongdae, that was what Minseok could hear. The only piece of 'information' Luhan got was one of their members saying he couldn't wait to see them helpless on the floor once they won. He had to admit, that was pretty rude, and offensive.

Shortly, the conversation was over. Luhan sat down on the floor behind the wall, wondering what was going to unfold between the two gangs. That didn't last long, because he realised that Winner was coming their way, he could hear their footsteps getting closer. There was not a second to lose, or he and Minseok would be turned into punching bags. 

Luhan searched frantically around the small space, seeing nothing to use instead of their bags. But wait- Something caught his eye, something red in a small cabinet. A mischievious grin crept up his face as he crept over to it, making Minseok almost think that he was out of his mind. Had he lost his senses?

"Luhan, what do you think you're doing?! This isn't the time to be fooling around, we could get killed--"

But all of Minseok's nagging remained unaudible to the boy that was burning up with rascality. He smirked to himself, he had nothing to lose. Maybe a few teeth... but pushing that aside, he was helping Kyungsoo in a way anyway. Since he'd heard one of the boys insult them, this would be a wonderful time for payback, by him.

WOOOOOOSHHHHH!!!

"Ah, what the heck?!" Luhan gulped when he heard the furious shouts of the gang, he didn't waste a second. The fire extinguisher landed on the ground with a loud clang! before he was dragging Minseok with him to hide behind Sehun and Chanyeol who were surprised to find the two elders suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"Luhan hyung? And Minseok hyung too?" Chanyeol pointed at the two of them.

Luhan frowned as he placed a finger on his lips, shaking his head desperately. He figured that Chanyeol's tall figure would be enough to hide him from those gangsters. They watched silently as the puffs of smoke from the extinguisher died down, revealing the Winner gangsters that were beyond furious.

Maybe I shouldnt've gotten too naughty... Your good for nothing brain, Luhan! He should've listened to Minseok instead when he suggested for them to pretend watching a rated video on his phone. It would've been less suspicious...

 

Kyungsoo's attention averted from Winner to the smoke covered area that was soon covering those gangster boys up too. He couldn't see them amongst all the smoke from the whatever had caused it. He squinted his eyes when he saw two figures approaching from behind one of the walls ever so slowly, followed by the loud clang of something.

Upon closer inspection, he was dumbfounded to find that those two figures were indeed Minseok and the annoying Luhan. What were they doing here? He raised an eyebrow and watched as Luhan hid behind Park Chanyeol. He resembled a five year old kid who just got told off by someone to his mother. However, this situation was much more worse, considering that the soccer star had shamlessly sabotaged the notorious gang of Gangnam Arts High.

"You guys! Which one of you bastards did it?!" One of their members bellowed angrily, his face was screaming for him to kill someone. He chestnut-brown hair was parted at the center and he had pale complexion.

Everyone side glanced behind Chanyeol, including Kyungsoo, but they all said nothing. Luhan continued to try to make himself invisible behind the tall giant, being as quiet as ever while Minseok casually fitted in like he'd been apart of their gang earlier. The Winner boys didn't suspect Minseok one bit. 

"Speak up, one of you did it to make us look stupid, didn't you?!" The same one with the middle parting continued and the rest of them seemed like they were burning holes through their heads with their spiteful glares. It was uncomfortable for Kyungsoo, and he just wanted to push Luhan from his hiding to get him to admit to it. That boy hadn't done anything good except for teasing him when he was with Minjae...

"Uh, Yonsei's most reowned soccer p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter