[십]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{TEN}

Month 00 Day 17

It was Byun Baekhyun again.

Kyungsoo watched as the other boy climbed up the steps, standing still once he got on top, avoiding meeting his eyes. He didn't know whether to find it a nuisance or not, knowing that Baekhyun had stalked him all the way here for an unknown reason, which was unlike him.

The most likely reason for Baekhyun to be standing right here infront of him was to apologise, unless he had other tricks up his sleeve. Whatever the reason was though, apologising or not, Kyungsoo decided that he wouldn't forgive him no matter what. He was fooled once by him, and he sure wasn't going to be fooled twice like an idiot.

"What are you doing here?" Kyungsoo broke the dead silence as he set his can of soda on the bench, emotionless eyes casting over to Baekhyun.

The other boy's instantly shot up once Kyungsoo spoke. Baekhyun continued to look down on the floor as he traced aimless circles on the floor with the tip of his shoe, burying his hands in his pockets, "I- I..."

"Leave," Kyungsoo interrupted, which made Baekhyun's eyes meet his again, his expression was unreadable, "If you have nothing to say, leave."

There was another round of silence, not that the both of them didn't know what to say. They were thinking. Kyungsoo had no idea what Baekhyun was thinking about, but he was wondering what his move was going to be. Kyungsoo wondered if he was going to be sincere on this one, he didn't want a flat 'sorry' like he didn't mean it. He wouldn't accept all his apologies, unless... he kneeled on the ground and begged. Not only would that ruin his arrogant pride, it would also mean he would admit defeat of this 'childish grudge', and Kyungsoo knew the other boy didn't like losing.

"Kyungsoo," Baekhyun finally dared to keep his stare fixated on him, Kyungsoo could see him gulping, "I'm sorry. The both of us... may have gotten of to a rough start because of me, but I didn't mean any of the things I did. I swear, I really didn't."

That's what they all say... They're all lying, aren't they? That they don't mean any of these things, but in the end, there's no sincerity in it at all. Kyungsoo thought bitterly before he sauntered over to the railings where the sun was setting. For some reason, he didn't feel like this one was an enjoyable one, the one with Minjae was a thousand times better. Kyungsoo sighed and rested his hands on the railings as he looked out in to the sunset, "So?"

He couldn't see Baekhyun's reaction, but his tone was beginning to get serious, "So, what I'm asking you to do is forgive me. If you give me one more chance... I really swear over my dead body that I'll help you get that 500 million won you were talking about. I'm sorry I thought this whole 'gang' thing was a joke, I wasn't thinking back then. Now I really want to help, I'll even be your right hand man if you want!"

Is he really sincere this time? Kyungsoo was confused, but he shook his head upon remembering that he was going to stick to his decision, which was to not forgive Byun Baekhyun no matter how his apology went. No, you stuck to that rule, then you have to follow it.

Kyungsoo lifted himself off the railings and walked over to Baekhyun, keeping his intimidating stare on. Once he was face to face with the boy, he pressed his lips in a firm line, "No. I can't forgive you."

"W-What?" Baekhyun's eyes widened as his mouth slowly fell agape, "Why not? I'm really sincere on this one, Kyungsoo!"

"You really think it's that easy to forgive someone?" Kyungsoo smirked at him, but it wasn't one of those smirks where he found things funny, it was like an 'are you kidding me?' smirk, "These empty words you're spitting out, I wonder if they're really sincere..."

Now that Baekhyun didn't have anything to say, because he looked quite dumbfounded, Kyungsoo mentally praised himself in his head. Thank goodness he decided to follow his own rules, or nothing would've gone right. This was a satisfying outcome, he wondered what Baekhyun was going to do next. He wouldn't possibly do what he would want him to do... Hah hah...

All of a sudden, Kyungsoo's thoughts were interrupted by a loud thud of something or someone falling on the ground. He noticed that he wasn't looking at Baekhyun anymore, and when he looked down, the boy was there... kneeling with his head hung low. His fists were clenched, and Kyungsoo couldn't tell if he was frowning or not.

It was unbelievable to him. He never thought that Byun Baekhyun would actually do it. It shocked him inside, but he was lucky he could control himself from losing his composure. Now what Baekhyun was doing made Kyungsoo think twice about whether he wanted the boy in his gang or not.

"Please! Let me join," The boy clenched his fists as he looked up at Kyungsoo with determined eyes.

Kyungsoo wondered why Baekhyun was doing things that were the opposite of his personality, but he couldn't really question the boy, he figured he would save the questions for another time. At this moment, he was extremely perplexed on what to do. He didn't like Baekhyun all that much, but seeing him kneel on the floor like this, sacrificing his arrogant image, he felt a tad pitiful.

The things I do sometimes... Kyungsoo couldn't go back on what he said, he had to obey his rules, "Fine, you're in." He saw Baekhyun look at him with his enlarged eyes as a grin began to creep on his face, "But- No more funny business. Or you're dead. I don't need another betrayal, especially by you."

Although he felt uncomfortable, Kyungsoo told himself that he'd made the right decision. Everything was going to fine, as long as he picked the right people.

His eyes widened when he felt a pair of hands grab around his tightly and he looked up to see Baekhyun with a ginormous grin plastered on his face, which wasn't a mischievious one, he was grateful, "Thank you, boss. I won't upset you this time!" It was as if his attitude had changed 180 degrees, because he acted like a totally different person. But of course, that was only for a short while.

 

 

The two of them sat on the bench of the peaceful area they were at, where Baekhyun had really knelt down on his knees. It was already dark and the city lights were illuminating in the beautiful dusk. They finally were able of talking about the subject relating to gangs and fortunately, Baekhyun could understand everything, although he wasn't experienced.

"So, your mother abandoned you, and then your dad?" Baekhyun repeated.

Although Kyungsoo didn't favour hearing on those memories, he nodded bitterly, "Yes, now would you please, stop talking about them? I don't have parents now."

"That's good then, doesn't it mean you're free?" Baekhyun reasoned, "My mom and dad are a pain... wanting me inherit the company, become successful, marry a rich heiress. I don't want to do all of that , not when I still have so many things I haven't done. If it goes at this rate, I'll have no freedom. They'll want to send me abroad, and I'll study my brains off while my brother goes clubbing..."

Kyungsoo just nodded, he couldn't sympathise with him, because he didn't know the meaning of family when his mother left him and when his father started being an alcoholic. He just felt empty, and he wanted to get rid of that feeling. 

"And who knows? What if I join your gang? We can make big money!" Baekhyun rubbed his hands together as a playful smirk came upon his face.

Kyungsoo smacked the other boy across the head, "In your dreams. We have to make 500 million won first if we even want to lay back and relax."

Baekhyun rubbed the back of his head and threw Kyungsoo a judgmental glare, possibly wanting to strangle him, but Kyungsoo would definitely be the first one to get him. He let out an exasperated sigh, "500 million won... Even I don't have that much in my savings... My dad will be able to pay it off, but we definitely wouldn't want to depend on him and his filthy wealth," He stared down the floor, but his eyes seemed to brighten up at the realisation of something, "Go Minjae."

At the mention of her name, Kyungsoo's attention was quickly gained, "What about Go Minjae?"

"Her dad is..."

"What?"

"Her dad's the CEO of Go Enterprises! That supermarket chain that I even shop at!" Baekhyun explained, and Kyungsoo wasn't surprised, "I should've listened when my dad said we were going to her house, no wonder he looked so happy. She'd be useful..."

"What do you mean?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at the word 'useful'.

"I mean we can use her to get the money? The closer we are, the more she'd be willing to give it to us! You can thank me later, we should put our plan in action now," Baekhyun abruptly got up from the bench before rushing down the steps.

Kyungsoo followed after him quicker and grabbed on his shoulder, "No, we aren't using her."

"Why not?" The other boy frowned, clearly disatisfied with his answer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter