[이십칠]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{TWENTY- SEVEN}

Month 05 Day 14

 

Kyungsoo feared the moments where he was at school. He didn't want Hakyeon to set foot in Yonsei ever again, because he wouldn't know how to act then. Every second, he felt like the door of his classroom would burst any moment, revealing six boys ready to terrorise, but the ringing of the school bell would always get him back to his senses.

Hakyeon had changed, ever since Kyungsoo had seen him, which was almost half a year ago. He wasn't quite sure if they'd cut off all their friendship strings, but it did seem like it, seeing the way Hakyeon had treated him so coldly. To be honest, when he'd seen Hakyeon, he wished they were alone, so he could tell him all of the horrible events that'd happened to him. The events that had almost got him killed, the events, which had left him almost breaking in pieces and the events that had made his heart, beat warmly in joy.

All he really wanted was a brotherly shoulder to cry on, someone who could understand what he'd really been through.

"Hakyeon hyung, I'm sorry..." Kyungsoo murmured as he sat on the school's rooftop ledge which was being slightly blocked by the low fences. He stared at the sky blankly, reaching a hand to clench one of the fench bars. If only Hakyeon were here right now, he'd tell him how sorry he was with all his heart.

He looked up to see the sky beginning to turn gray. The dull clouds were blocking the white ones, like the sadness being overtaken by the happiness. The winds on the rooftop had gone wild, ruffling his neatly combed hair. It was obvious it was going to rain soon, but he didn't feel like going to class. What was the use when he wasn't even going to concentrate? The realisation of him losing some extra knowledge and earning the homeroom teacher's piece of mind didn't concern him in the slightest bit.

"You're here again, huh?" 

Kyungsoo didn't even need to turn around to guess who it was, because who else would've been the other person who came to the rooftop besides him? Without looking at Minjae, he nodded in response as his fingers continued to place with the fence bars. He saw the girl plop herself next to him casually. The two of them sat in silence as they overlooked the dreary looking scenery of Seoul. 

"What're you doing out here? You should be in class, you know." Minjae turned to stare at him.

Still, he couldn't make eye contact with her, so he stared up at the sky instead, "Says the girl who's skipping classes like me. There's no use for me to go back there when I'll be daydreaming, and I have a reason for being here, okay?"

"Whatever you say." He could sense the sarcastic tone in her voice, and he stared at her before pushing her forehead with his finger, "Go Minjae -"

"What? I wasn't doing anything." Minjae defended herself, "I was just agreeing with you. It's really gonna rain soon, and you're still not going in?"

"I don't feel the rain." Kyungsoo sighed, "And... I have some things to think about before I get back to my senses. You can go, if you want. I don't want to be blamed by you when you get drenched for staying out here with me."

"But I want to stay here, with you."

Kyungsoo widened his eyes, and stared at the girl in disbelief. Did she really mean that? There was suddenly this sudden pleasant feeling as he stared at her, and he stared back at him with her flabbergasted look. He unknowingly broke out in to a smile when he saw her cheeks flare up.

"Well..." He gave a fake cough, "You can... Not that I'm stopping you or anything."

The two of them sat, yet again, in stillness. Their heads were turned away from each other, but it was evident to one that a shade of red was slowly creeping on their cheeks. Kyungsoo glanced at Go Minjae's hand, which was so close to his, that they were almost touching. Carefully, he inched his hand closer to hers before swiftly interlacing his fingers with hers. 

He had no idea when he'd gotten so cunning.

"Y-Yah, Do Kyungsoo! What do you think you're -"

He pressed his finger on Minjae's lips so she couldn't fuss, "Calm down, I have a reason."

Minjae gave him an unsatisfactory look, but despite her frown, she wasn't trying to shake his hand off hers. "And what is that reason?" She asked.

"So that if it rains, we can run in together, and no one gets left behind."

 

 

Kyungsoo waited casually outside the main building once school was over. Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun still hadn't come out, which made him wonder what was keeping them for so long. 

In a few seconds, he heard the hurried footsteps inside the building, and Chanyeol popped out along with Baekhyun and Sehun behind him. They frantically tried to wear their shoes before going over to Kyungsoo.

"What took you guys so long?" Kyungsoo blinked at each of their scowling faces.

"Sorry, we got caught up with something." Chanyeol seemed to be forcing a smile as he let out an uncomfortable laugh. It was as if they were hiding something from Kyungsoo, and he could tell at first glance.

"I know the three of lying." He took a step closer to the three of them, "What happened?"

"Didn't you hear?" Baekhyun asked almost irritably while looking at him, "Those six boys came again. You know, the group with that guy you knew. They came again, and the principal accused us of meddling with them. They broke the school windows, took out the security guards and spray painted the place again. Why do you think they keep doing this? Could it be because of you?"

"W-What? What do you mean? Hakyeon came again? When?" Kyungsoo flooded them with questions.

"They came when you decided to skip class. They were throwing things at our class windows, yelling our names and throwing all sorts of insults at us. Since nobody could do anything... Sehun, Chanyeol and I decided to step up, but like the last time, we couldn't take out all of them. You know the reason why the three of us were blamed, except for you?" Baekhyun spat.

"Baek, stop it!" Sehun roughly pushed the other boy away from bursting out at Kyungsoo.

"Let me talk!" Baekhyun pushed Sehun away twice as hard, "I'll tell you the reason, if you don't know. Because you weren't there. Admit it, you knew they were coming, didn't you? Thanks to you, the three of us have to pay for all the damage they caused, and we're staying back again to clean the spray paint off the walls! Do you know how annoying it is to be blamed when we're helping you with your personal issues?!"

Kyungsoo could only stare in to space as Baekhyun continued to let his anger out.

"I know... I know that the first time, it wasn't you. It was that bastard Sunwoo who came to their territory, wasn't it? It was fine back then, because you were there, and we suffered the punishment together. But I know why they came the second time. They came because you went to their district, didn't you? I don't care if it's out curiosity or you wanting to remember your stupid past, but didn't you think about the danger you could've put us in when you entered? I should've told the principal you were involved too, that you were the reason why they came to terrorise us the second time, but guess what? I couldn't ing do it...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter