[이십오]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Read the author's note at the end for some good news :D

 

{TWENTY- FIVE}

Month 04 Day 28

How many weeks had it been?

Half? One? No, it was exactly two weeks after that incident. 

Minjae lay sprawled on her bed, staring up at the ceiling in wonder. She glanced at her clock on her bedside table, which read nine in the morning. She tossed and turned, sat up straight and screamed at herself for being so stupid, but no matter what she tried, it wouldn't work. 

She couldn't get that scene out of her head. Ever since it happened, it constantly popped up in her mind every single day. Almost too often for her liking. It wasn't because she was hated it - no, it was nothing like that. Everytime the scene played in her mind, she would immediately start to blush, and it would cause her to go out of control, leading to make her other friends think she was starting to become quite odd.

Minjae couldn't believe a single thing that was occuring. She couldn't believe Kyungsoo was kissing her, and she was kissing back. The texture of his lips were as soft as silk, and he carried the pleasant aroma of fruits, while his lips tasted like ripe peaches. Their lips moved together with each other, tenderly and slowly. It wasn't forced, nor was it bitter. It was the most heavenly feeling Minjae'd ever felt before when she kissing this gangster boy in front of her.

Kyungsoo pulled back after the few minutes where they were so immersed in kissing each other, they'd forgotten to keep track of time. An almost three minute kiss already felt like an eternity for them. 

They stared at each other, their gazes not leaving for the slightest second. They weren't staring at each other awkwardly, neither lovingly. She couldn't put what she was feeling in words. Minjae gulped nervously, because she could still feel Kyungsoo's fingers her jawline while his other hand held on her waist. She felt his quiet breaths against her skin, sending her goosebumps. They stayed in that position for awhile, with Minjae's arms around the boy's waist, and his hands in the position as she'd described them before. 

When the two adolescents realised what they'd just done, they swiftly pulled back, taking a step further away from each other. Their faces both flushed red, and they fidgeted with their fingers in various ways. Neither uttered a word to the other, the silence was suffocating them. 

Minjae let out a forced cough to break the silence, her heart was beating at a pace she wasn't even sure was normal or not. She glanced up at the boy, who continued to stare at her, and at the same time, both of them spoke :

"Uh -" "I -"

"Y-You go first," Kyungsoo cleared his throat, sometimes averting his shy gaze somewhere else.

"N-No, y-you go," Minjae held up her hands defensively in the air and waved them, gesturing for the boy to go first, "I really have nothing that special to say, anyway."

"O-Oh, I think I have something to do, you know - Chanyeol and the rest have been pestering me to celebrate with them, so I think I need to go meet them right now before they get mad at me," He told her, lips pressed in a straight line, and she disliked how he was always so hard to read. 

Minjae felt her heart drop suddenly out of disappointment. She did her best to hide it, and she could say that it was successful when Kyungsoo didn't point out anything about her. She told him she also had somewhere to go, and the two parted awkwardly, their kiss still so precisely glued in their minds.

So the following days after that incident, the two of them had somehow gotten awkward with each other. They never bickered during their first week or stuck around each other as much, and it led to the boys asking if Minjae and Kyungsoo were feeling unwell. How were they supposed to face each other if that incident kept distracting them from talking everytime they tried to make contact with one another?

The second week, things had gradually started to get better. Kyungso and Minjae slowly felt more comfortable around each other, although the both of them would start to act unlike themselves when they were suddenly at a close proximity. But other than that, nobody knew about what they did, and they never brought the topic up. 

Minjae sat up once again on her bed, frowning. Then, she hopped off and dashed to the mirror, pointing sternly at her reflection, which was the doing the same to her, "Stop it, you're no supposed to think about that anymore, remember? You've been thinking about it for two consecutive weeks, have you gone insane? So what if he kissed you and didn't mention anything after that, you're not supposed to care!" She knew she sounded like a psychotic person, but doing this was the only way she could remind herself, "Okay, okay, I got it. When I count to three, all the memories of that kiss will disappear from your mind completely."

"One..."

She took a deep breath.

"Two..."

She made sure her feet were at good positions before she spun around in a circle.

"Three!"

Nope, it still didn't work.

 

 

Minjae decided what she needed to direct her attention away from that stupid kiss was to keep herself occupied. She contemplated on whether to call Sohee or not, but decided against it, thinking the girl must've had other plans for her Saturday.

She found herself walking aimlessly around the streets of the city, and she tried really hard to enjoy her surroundings, but then Kyungsoo's face just had to pop up in her mind at the most unexpected moments, like when she was buying herself some coffee, and the cashier's face had just turned into Kyungsoo's all of a sudden, leaving her flustered.

I need something worth while! Her eyes brightened, and she reached in her pocket when she saw that her phone was ringing, displaying her mother's number as the caller. 

"Mom? Don't you usually go out with your friends on Saturdays?"

"Oh, you know me so well, dear," She heard her mother chuckle through the line, "But today I decided to cancel my plans for something even better!"

"What?"

"I set you up on a blind date!"

 

Chanyeol and Sehun walked down the street carefreely while sipping on the cups of frappuccinos, carrying a paper bag filled with the same sweet delights for their friends in another. It was a Saturday, and after all the gang fights they'd gotten themselves in, which were often situated in the most secretive places so their school's principal and their teachers wouldn't find out about it.

They deserved a good few days of rest.

"I can't believe some people can be so selfish when it comes to betting!" Chanyeol frowned, the thought of how some other gangs had given them only a million when they'd offered more. 

"They should know better than to pick a fight with us, I guess," The younger one replied, not really putting much thought in it as he was busy savouring the taste of his delightful frappuccino.

The two of them walked past a fancy restaurant amongst other different types of stores, and Chanyeol happened to take a glance in the restaurant out of curiosity. His eyes widened when he saw someone familiar sitting inside. He took a few steps backward, before he rubbed his eyes and stood infront of the window where he didn't move an inch.

Sehun noticed the elder boy's attention focused on the restaurant, and he wondered what he could've found so interesting in there. He turned around, walking up to Chanyeol to see what had caught his attention, "What're you staring at?"

Slowly, their mouths fell agape as they watched their friend, Go Minjae, happily chatting with some other guy they didn't know about in the restaurant. They were dressed casually, but still looked flawless nonetheless. People would've mistaken that they were dating, and so far, they knew Minjae didn't have a boyfriend. Because if she did, it was going to be Kyungsoo.

"Who the hell is that?" Chanyeol squinted his eyes before pressing his face against the restaurant window. Some customers shot him alarmed looks, and Sehun pulled the elder boy away before they found him even more weirder.

"Yah, hyung, stop it," Sehun shook his head before slapping the boy on the shoulder, "You're embarrassing not only me, but yourself too. Tsch, and I thought you were supposed to be some type of heir," He noticed that Chanyeol's attention still wasn't on him, so he decided to give in to take a closer look at who the boy was.

The boy looked just about the same age as them, with tanned skin, hair that was parted in the middle (which guys who were hot could only achieve, as Chanyeol believed). He had a well built figure, and his smile could send millions of girls swooning.

"Damn, if Minjae's on a date with that guy, it doesn't look that bad at all," Sehun told him, "If I was a girl, I'd totally fall for him. He looks like a male god."

"Stop complimenting him al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter