[십칠]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{SEVENTEEN}

Month 01 Day 20

Kyungsoo and his gang didn't attend school for the next few days, of course. Yeah, they were skipping, and that was bad, but if Winner showed up a day after their fight, they would be in big trouble. They would be dead by then! And with the state they were in, where bruises were visible on almost their whole bodies, they were too embarrassed to show up. Yonsei was a pretigious school anyway, the headmaster would be appalled at them.

They fortunately also heard from the two Yonsei College students, Minseok and Luhan, and were relieved when they'd heard that the both of them were doing fine.

When they finally did show up to school on a Thursday, though, they were flooded with crowds of students. Both admirers and curious students gathered around them, they wanted to know how the fight went. 

"Did you kick their asses?"

"Do Kyungsoo and his gang must've won, they're no cowards to run away!"

"How much did all of you win?"

"Baekhyun oppa, the bruise on your face makes you look so badass!"

Kyungsoo cringed at the comment. If only they knew what really happened a few days ago, they would be shocked then. However, his lips remained sealed. If the news broke up, someone would have to take action against them, right? Nobody wanted that, Kyungsoo didn't want to have his freedom taken away.

"Gosh, why do they keep asking us?! It's getting on my nerves, and they weren't even supposed to know we were having a gang fight with them! I swear in high school, rumours spread almost as fast as LTE," Baekhyun ruffled his hair as they passed by Sehun's class, but he wasn't there eventhough the final bell had rung. 

"Looks like Sehun isn't here today, wonder why..." The three of them stared at Oh Sehun's empty seat, curiosity was getting the better of them. A side of Kyungsoo was starting to feel uneasy. It could be possible that Sehun must've gotten in trouble with his father, but they didn't know for sure.

They brushed their suspicions off and hurried to class. The three of them couldn't stop worrying about the boy, and they'd made a deal to check on him after school.

 

 

"I heard you're going to Sehun's place," The three of them looked up from Kyungsoo's desk to see Minjae, crossing her arms infront of them. She must've overheard them during lunch time with that sharp hearing of hers.

"No, we never said that," Baekhyun averted his eyes somewhere else as he whistled suspiciously.

"Tag along if you want, I'm not stopping you."

"I knew you would--" Minjae stared back at him in astonishment, she was surprised he hadn't told her to stay out of their business this time, "What?! You really mean it?!" She rushed over infront of me, her eyes almost sparkling with her hands clasped. 

Kyungsoo stared at her before jabbing her head backwards with his index finger, like how he'd always done, "Yes, I mean it." As long as you don't hurt yourself, it's fine. 

"Seriously, Kyungsoo?!" Chanyeol widened his eyes at his sudden easy acceptance, "But remember what happened the last time? We got beat up! Sehun's father isn't some average office worker, he's the BOSS of a mafia, a gang that has more experience than us, by a thousand times! Maybe we shouldn't go to his place today, maybe Sehun skipped school because he had things to take care of."

"By things, you mean the abuse from his father," He crossed his arms and stared at his three friends, all of them felt unusually uncomfortable all of a sudden once they heard about Sehun's situation. "It isn't just an easy matter Sehun is probably taking care of at this moment, don't you think his father must've found out about what he's been doing with us?"

"What's he been doing with you guys?" Minjae tilted her head, obviously confused since she had no clue about what they'd been doing. It made Kyungsoo wonder if the news ever got to her ears from the other students. Because she was always so inquisitive around him, she was bound to catch onto something.

"Nothing, let's go already," Kyungsoo stormed out of the classroom with his friends following behind him. He was going to find out what was up with Sehun, they were a team after all. Now that he was the leader of his very own gang, he realised there were more responsibilities coming his way.

 

 

They finally arrived at Sehun's house. The horrid memories of Sehun's cold father and his intimidating men came to mind, and Kyungsoo couldn't help but grimace at the image. They hadn't been here for almost 2 months, they never planned on visiting this place anyway. It was kind of clear that Sehun's father didn't quite like him that much. 

To him, Minjae and Chanyeol, this place was cruel, even the people inside were, except for Sehun.

"I didn't expect to be here instead of playing video games in my room," Baekhyun looked around the place, he could already sense the unsettling atmosphere around the house. It was quiet when they arrived, but something told them a dramatic scene was going to break out.

"They don't look like they're home, the place is quiet..." Minjae scanned the house with fearful eyes, it was obvious the memories of that day were replaying in her mind. Kyungsoo glanced at her, who resembled a frightened puppy. He reached out his hand midway so he could pull her close to him, but he hesitated. I can't, she'll find it strange, right?

Minjae suddenly glanced at him with big eyes, and his heart beat rapidly against his chest when they met at the same time. Not again... Do Kyungsoo, you have to stop making eye contact with her! He couldn't understand, but everytime their eyes met, his heart would beat a hundred times more than it's normal speed and he would be as still as ever, like he was in some sort of trance. He hadn't experienced it earlier, but as time progressed, he found himself having these type of reactions towards her. 

"Hey, guys," Chanyeol interrupted, pressing his ear against the locked metal gates, "I think I hear something," He raised a hand up to stop Baekhyun from his endless complaning, "It sounds like... shouting, and it's getting closer and closer..."

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME JOINING A GANG?! ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED ME TO DO, SO I'M FULFILLING YOUR WISHES!"

The four of them flinched at how loud the voice was, when suddenly the door slammed open. Sehun ran down the steps, one hand holding tightly on his suitcase while he slung his schoolbag over his shoulder. He definitely wasn't crying, he looked more ticked off than sorrowful. He hurriedly unlocked the gates, not even realising his friends were there until Baekhyun stopped him by holding onto his arm.

Sehun looked up to see all of them shooting him with concerned stares, "W-Why are you guys here? "

"When your friend doesn't show up at the same time after having the same sufficient amount of rest..." Baekhyun smirked, "Surely, you'd get worried."

"Byun Baekhyun, now's not the time for joking, you're all in danger once you show up here," Kyungsoo knew what the younger boy was talking about, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter