[사]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Four}

The night spent at Chanyeol’s was splendidly peaceful, and everything went well. Kyungsoo was thankful he had gotten a spacious room to rest, let alone a place to stay. How was he going to break to Chanyeol that he was going to form a gang?

Kyungsoo put on his second set of uniform as he started to think about the ways to persuade them, the girl and Chanyeol. He was sure it wouldn’t be easy; therefore he had to come up a plan, which he wasn’t quite sure about yet. He wasn’t fully confident, since he really didn’t like to socialise, but befriending Park Chanyeol was a piece of cake since the giant was really enthusiastic about being his friend.

The girl though… Kyungsoo never forgot that she tended to his wounds, which were still in the process of healing. Plus, he noticed how she was staring at him for half the class yesterday. Honestly, it made him feel uncomfortable because someone had never actually stared at him for so long before, so it was hard not to meet the girl’s gaze.

For now, he wasn’t going to put any thought about it. Once he got to school, he’d find a solution.

Carrying his backpack off the floor, Kyungsoo started to make his way downstairs, assuming that Chanyeol had woken up since his bedroom door was open. True enough, the moment he set foot downstairs, the giant was there, greeting him with that unsettling smile again. If it weren’t for that boy giving him a place to stay, Kyungsoo would’ve slapped that smile out of him without regret.

“Mornin,” Chanyeol greeted casually, toast in his mouth as he leaned against the counter of the kitchen, “Want a piece? There’s no food on the table anyway, since I can’t cook…”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at the poor excuse before he took the other piece of toast from his possession, “Thanks.”

“No problem,” Chanyeol replied,”So how was your night? Good?”

“Great,” Kyungsoo gave a short reply, continuing to concentrate on his piece of toast, but he looked up again, “Chanyeol… would you…” Should I tell him now or no? He couldn’t tell him about the gang issue now right? They’d just met, like yesterday.

“Yeah? Would I what?” He looked up, eyes wide with curiosity.

Kyungsoo stared back at him with wide eyes too, feeling flustered on the inside until he shook his head, he didn't want to repeat it again.

Chanyeol eyed him suspiciously, and eventhough Kyungsoo hadn’t known him from long, he could tell that he was going to be intent on finding out what he was going to ask him.

He felt even flustered from before, so he walked out of the house, not saying another word. Seeing this, Chanyeol caught up with Kyungsoo quickly, pestering him to tell him what the question he was going to ask was, but the boy pressed his lips firmly, so no secrets were going to spill out anytime soon.

 

 

At class, it wasn’t different from yesterday. Students moving about from their seats to converse with each other, running around and doing all sorts of classroom antics. Kyungsoo took his assigned seat next to Byun Baekhyun, who was unbelievably sleeping like yesterday.

Does this guy never sleep or what?

He decided to take a look around the classroom, still staying glued to his seat, as he didn’t really want to get to know other people. That was when he made eye contact – with the girl who Chanyeol was talking about yesterday, Go Minjae.

Kyungsoo immediately turned to look at a group of girls that were giggling at him, probably finding him cute, which he didn’t really care about. He couldn’t understand why that girl was looking at him so much. Perhaps… did she…? Before he could jump to any conclusions, Kyungsoo shook his head. His mission here wasn’t to think about liking anyone or any of the sorts, he was here because he needed money. And a school where rich kids filled the hallways with no suspicions was what he needed.

“What are you looking at?” The sudden face of Chanyeol popped in front of his vision, causing the boy to almost fall off his chair. It caused the giant to laugh entertainedly, but soon his gaze followed over to where Kyungsoo was staring at, and he mischeiviously raised his eyebrows, “It can’t be- you were looking at Go Min-“

Kyungsoo shot up almost instantly before he clamped a mouth roughly over the giant’s mouth, constantly telling him to keep quiet because he didn’t want anybody staing at him. He couldn’t believe that Chanyeol thought he was checking the girl out, because he was doing anything but that. He honestly had no interest in her or any other girls; they were just going to disrupt his mission.

He pulled Chanyeol outside the classroom, gaining looks from all the students in the class. When they were outside, he released his hand from his mouth, which the giant was thankful for, since he finally could breathe properly.

“You… were checking her out were you? So tell me, which one interested you more? Face or…” His eyes trailed down to his chest, and Kyungsoo inwardly gagged.

“She’s just a girl. I wasn’t checking her out,” He cleared his throat, storming back in the classroom to leave Chanyeol there, clueless.

 

 

The bell for lunch rang, signalling a break for the students from those tiring lessons. Some people went to cafeteria for lunch, while others just liked to eat theirs in the classroom. Kyungsoo stored his books under his desk, eyeing Byun Baekhyun out of curiosity, he was eating his lunch peacefully with no other care in the world. He never thought that a guy like him would bring homecooked food to school since he was viewed as the bad boy type.

A sudden tap on his shoulder snapped the boy out of his thoughts, and Go Minjae stood in front of him, “Hey, are your wounds okay?”

My wounds? The events of the last few days came in to his view, and now the wounds didn't hurt so much anymore. It wasn't a big deal.

"Yeah... they're okay," He murmured as he kept his icy glare, not wanting any assumptions to rise up from Byun Baekhyun, he knew that guy could be cheeky whenever he wanted to, "Thanks for tending to them, I guess."

Go Minjae's face brightened up at the sudden thanks he had uttered out, and he was confused as to why she was so delighted with it. It was visible by the skip in her step when she walked out of the class. Shaking his head, he fixated his attention back on his textbook.

[- -]

The classes dragged on, with the same old mundane talking. Minjae however, couldn't keep that stupid smile off her face. When asked by her friends, she shook her head as if it was nothing. She didn't like the new boy in a romantic way or anything... it was just nice to get a 'thanks' from someone. Minjae never liked to in the issues of other people, but she couldn't understand why she would help out that boy in the first place, although he did interest her in a type of puzzling way.

"Alright class! I'll pick your groups," Mr. Gu announced, and Minjae tilted her head to the side, without a clue of the task that had been given. What project? She most likely wasn't paying attention.

The whole class groaned, all of them much preferring to pick their own groups. 

In the end, there were 7 group leaders standing at areas of the classroom while the other people who weren't chosen sat at their seats. There were 4 boy leaders and 3 girl leaders, Minjae watched as picked students got up from their seats to scurry off to their group leaders. Jiyoung was one of the group leaders, and she had already chose Daehyun and Sohee, so Minjae was waiting for her turn. A few students still remained in their seats.

"Chanyeol, it's your turn," Mr. Gu ushered. Minjae observed the giant scanning around the classroom until his stare fixed entirely on her. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were on his group, and she couldn't understand why he would select Baekhyun because they didn't look close. Giving a grin, Chanyeol pointed his index finger to Minjae, making her totally surprised.

I've never talked to him much... why the hell is he choosing me now?

"I pick... Go Minjae!" Everyone's head turned to look at Minjae, some girls groaned because they really looked like they wanted to be with the three boys. Slowly, she got up from her seat as she kept an expression that didn't look too shocked, and went over to the group of three. She sweared Jiyoung, Daehyun and Sohee were mentally cursing at Park Chanyeol right now for snatching her from them.

After everyone got in their groups, Mr. Gu let everyone discuss the group tasks in their groups, which Minjae had no idea what it was. So she and the boys gathered at one of the corners of the classroom. No one uttered a word except for Chanyeol who looked like he was planning to himself. Everyone was just enveloped in a completely- awkward silence. Do Kyungsoo stood the furthest away from the group, eyes casted away somewhere, darkness, personal thoughts, who knew? Byun Baekhyun constantly fiddled with a stray ballpoint pen he had gotten off the floor, bouncing it up and down just for simple entertainment.

It wasn't until the girl decided to speak that everyone actually cared to look up from what they were occupied on, "What's the group project about?"

"We... we... uh-" Tapping on his head with a pencil steadily, the giant bit on his lip. Minjae knew he had it, but it seemed like nothing would just pop in his mind. "I got this, I really do." He was beginning to get flustered, from the way his almost enourmous ears turned a bright shade of red.

The other two guys : their faces showed how uninterested or how plain spaced out they were. Was there even any hope this group could get full marks for this test Minjae didn't know about?

"It's a senior year test-" Byun Baekhyun finally spoke up after what felt like, a million years, "Basically, we just have to do those things on the blackboard together, take pictures and stuff. We have a month to this."

"That's a pretty stupid project for a homeroom class that only lasts about 20 minutes, if you'd ask me..." Minjae muttered.

"Yeah, but nonetheless, we still have to it," Baekhyun shrugged, turning to look at Chanyeol, a sort of displeased look in his gaze, "Why did you even pick me? I barely even know you, let alone the both of you." He gestured his head to Minjae and Kyungsoo, who was still looked unbothered by his opinions.

"Just because," The giant returned a look, not a displeased one, but a warm one.

"Whatever," The male rolled his eyes in irritation, turning to the blackboard, "Let's just see what's on the list."

{Senior Year Test - To be completed by the end of the year.} 

Fulfill all of these, keep them as memories of your senior year! Everyone in the same year has to do this.

1. Help out a struggling Junior

2. Go socialise with some seniors from Yonsei College

3. Pull a prank on a teacher with your assigned group

4. Hangout for a day with your assigned group and the new friends from the Junior years and Yonsei College.

5. Take part in outside activities with your group (This is a must!)

 

Everyone gaped at the list, like it was full of nonsense. Minjae knew too well that the students in the senior years never did all of what was on the list (although it wasn't a lot), except for maybe the third one. She couldn't believe she was doing all these with boys she hardly knew, hardly talked with, hardly hung out with. Honestly, she was reluctant on acting friendly with them.

I guess socialising with other poeple wouldn't hurt. I'm sure I'm not like that Do Kyungsoo... he doesn't even say a single word, or spare a single glance for this project. But despite these negative thoughts, she was still curious why he didn't talk much.

"Alright guys, we'll get to work after school! As your group leader-"

Suddenly, Baekhyun rose up from his seat, eyeing Chanyeol, "Who said you were leader?"

"Since I was chosen by Mr. Gu, you ," It was amazing how Chanyeol could instantly brush off all signs of hostility coming from the other male. Calmly, he placed his palm on the boy's head, pushing him to sit down, which he surprisingly did.

 

 

After school, all four of them met outside the school gates since Chanyeol had arranged for them too. It was a surprise that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had even showed up,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter