[십삼]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{THIRTEEN}

Month 01 Day 3

Neither Kyungsoo nor any of the boys that were involved in the fight with BTS went to school a few days before. They spent their weekends fooling around, doing things that teenagers did, apart from gang fights. Getting in one too soon would seriously be enough to batter them hard.

The next day, when all of them were back to school, people were greeting them with smiles. There were students giving them thumbs up, and cheering for them, Kyungsoo didn't know what the commotion was all about. He just returned his stoic look, until he realised the reason why they were acting like this. It was because they defeated BTS. 

"I like this fame we're getting," Baekhyun grinned when they entered the class, he was just happy there were numerous gifts on his table. There were also boxes of gifts piled on Kyungsoo's and Chanyeol's.

"Don't let it get to your head, Baek," Chanyeol shook his head before he went over to his table.

Their classmates were congratulating them while they sat down, "You guys are the best, no one has ever tried to fight with Seoul High's gang before!" One guy informed in awe, and everyone nodded in agreement.

Kyungsoo didn't care at all about the attention they were getting. It just made him feel uncomfortable, and it put more pressure on him. The whole school was probably relying on them now to be the most notorious gang, for their reputation. Yonsei was good in anything, and he guessed they wanted to be good in gang fights too.

He stared back at the boxes of gifts, then to Baekhyun, who was busying himself with unwrapping them. Without hesitation, he shoved all of his gifts to Baekhyun, but secretly took one box out of the pile. He didn't know why he thought about taking one of them all of sudden. Maybe it was because he caught sight of Minjae, that it made him want to take it.

"Hey, what was that all about?" Kyungsoo turned to the boy and shrugged, "You can take my gifts, I don't need them." He hurriedly stuffed the small box in his pocket. He didn't know what was in it, but whatever it was, it must've been something pleasant. Thankfully, Baekhyun didn't complain and stuffed the gifts in his bag.

 

 

"Kyungsoo!" It was her again, there was definitely no need to guess twice. Who else would suddenly shout his name in the middle of the corridor? Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and continued to walk. He knew Minjae would catch up to him, so he tried to fasten his pace. He knew she would do all she could do get more information about the gang fight they had with BTS, but he didn't want her to find out. If she did find out, she would want to follow them no matter what, seeing her stubborn nature. 

Although he kept walking, just like he expected, Minjae grabbed him by the wrist out of nowhere, "Wait, you have a lot of explaining to do!"

"About what?" He shook her grip off and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"About--"

"Hey, it's Do Kyungsoo!" A few juniors ran down the corridor, chasing after each other, "I heard he received his 50 million won from that gang fight everyone's talking about, what does he need that for? Do you think he's poor?"

Kyungsoo clenched his fists, he should've never approached them in public like that. He should've fought in secrecy, or useless rumours like these were sure to arise. It didn't matter if the attention he was getting was positive or negative, he still hated all of it. Everyone stared at him now, and grabbed Minjae's wrist. but the girl snatched it back like how he did to her earlier.

"About that," Minjae pointed to the boys who had disappeared from their sight, "50 million won, why do you need that? Was that the bag you were holding when you guys showed up, the one you guys claimed all to be books you bought from a book fair?"

"Yeah," Kyungsoo never expected himself to tell her things like this, often it would be Chanyeol with the tendency to spill out things, "So what?" He continued, "So what if I need 50 million won, or 500 million won, to be exact. Why do you need to care?! It's not like we were associated with each other in any way, so just out of my business, alright?" 

Those words seemed to hit the girl like a painful slap to the face. But Kyungsoo didn't notice, he didn't have time to, because he was the first to run away. His thoughts were all about Go Minjae, they were never friendly to each other anyway, so he wondered why he was feeling so guilty inside. He didn't mean any of it, he was just annoyed. He at expressing his emotions, and he had a painful past. 

While he was running, he happened to bump in to Chanyeol, who looked surprised to see him.

"Woah, what's the rush?" He asked, "Don't tell me we have another gang fight to get to."

"... No," Kyungsoo stared at the floor, his thoughts about Minjae were still worrying him. She had a nice personality, and she was a great person overall, and hurting her like that wasn't a way of showing thanks. But the girl would forget it eventually, right? Kyungsoo decided that he didn't need any of Chanyeol's advice, since he was sure that it was going to be fine soon.

"It's nothing," He looked up at the giant, giving him a pat on the shoulder, "I'm heading off first, see you later."

"O-oh, okay," Chanyeol watched as the boy disappeared from his sight. He knew there was something up with him, but he also knew that he wanted to solve it himself. He shook his head and walked back to class, since he still had club activities.

 

Minjae hadn't been home in awhile, and seeing that her spirits were down today because of that stupid jerk Do Kyungsoo, she decided to pay a visit. No one could comfort her in her empty apartment, so she made her way to her place. Her father wouldn't be home of course, the only people who would be home were her younger brother Minjoo, along with some maids.

She didn't like Kyungsoo's attitude earlier, when he was being so cold to her. It wasn't her fault that she was curious and concerned for him. There must've been an explanation on why he needed all that money. There were so many things about that strange boy she had no clue about. You could say that she wanted to get to know him better, so that was the reason why she was so persistent on asking him.

As she walked through the streets of the neighbourhood, she saw a familiar boy walking up the hill. His attention was directed on his smartphone as he kept a moronic smile glued on his face, like he was texting his girlfriend or something.

She grinned excitedly, knowing that the boy was her brother and sneaked up behind him. Biting her lip to stop herself from laughing, she slowly pulled up the hood was his jacket. The younger boy flinched in surprise and held his phone high in the air while the girl laughed.

"Who-- Aish, noona!" Minjoon frowned, he didn't seem too happy because she'd scared him, "Why did you do that? I thought you were some stalker or something!"

"Sorry, I was just in a bad mood and I thought--"

She didn't get a chance to continue. Her eyes trailed down to her lips that Minjoon's finger pressed itself on. This was the type of action he would give when he heard his sistser was in a bad mood. Because, according to him, his most favourite sister in the whole world was supposed to be happy no matter what.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter