[십일]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Eleven}

Month 00 Day 20

Kyungsoo really didn't know what to say, he didn't even know how he was supposed to react. He was confused on whether he was supposed to feel happy that Chanyeol wanted to join, or he was supposed to be shocked because it was so sudden. Most importantly though, the very question that was lingering in his mind ever since the moment the giant asked him, was how the hell he knew he was trying to gather members for his gang. 

Perhaps, Baekhyun must've told him, Kyungsoo thought. He didn't see the both of them after school anyway, so they must've has some private discussion about his gang or something. But he couldn't be so sure.

"You... what?" Kyungsoo looked at the taller boy in disbelief.

"I want to join your gang, with you and Baekhyun, right?" Chanyeol replied while grinning, showing a thumbs up, "I mean, there's so many things I could to help you guys!"

"Wait a second Chanyeol," Kyungsoo raised a hand up to stop him from chattering any longer if he was going to, "Who told you about this?"

"Um," Chanyeol averted his gaze to the side, avoiding his eyes before placing a hand behind his head and letting out an awkward laugh, "No one told me, I just found one of Baek's notes on the floor, actually. I was curious so I picked it up." He reached in his pocket, pulling out an extremely crumpled piece of paper before unfolding it and pointing to some writing, "Look. It's what he wrote, the 'Potiential Members' section and the 'Gang' section."

Although Kyungsoo couldn't read the writing properly as it was starting to fade from the creases, he could already guess whose names were on the seperate circles. Damn, so not only was Baekhyun doing research on gangs, he was wrote the potential members Kyungsoo mentioned too. But how could that idiot leave his notes so recklessly like that? He should've known better than to dump all those pieces of paper on Kyungoo's desk at once. His desk looked like a dump site earlier today.

"So, since I'm in the section of 'Potential Members', does this mean I can join you guys?" Chanyeol asked excitedly, not finding the subject of 'gangs' horrifying at all, "You're going to ask Sehun and Minjae anyway, so you might accept me first so we can have a better effect when we ask them. The both of you won't be able to persuade them into joining so easily you know."

"No, you can't Chanyeol," Kyungsoo looked away this time, because he didn't want the expression on his face to be obvious, "You don't know what you're getting yourself into! Baekhyun's in because I warned him, but you... do you even know the situation? Baekhyun's been so unsure so many times." It made him wonder how Chanyeol would turn out.

He was expecting Chanyeol to suddenly look stunned, realising there was actually a reason behind it, but it looked like the giant didn't have any thoughts of the serious he would get himself into. Instead, he let out a smile and shook his head, "I don't need the reason. You can give me a heads up on what's going to happen when I join you guys, but no matter how dangerous it'll be, I'm going to be loyal. It's up to you entirely if you want to tell me the reason." This must've been the mature side of him.

Kyungsoo didn't say anything, being too speechless by how considerate the giant was. He was beyond lucky to have a friend like him. 

Chanyeol placed a hand on his shoulder, "So, am I in?"

"If you're ready to get beaten up by some loan sharks and collect 500 million won within one year, then yes, you are."

He wanted to see if Chanyeol would be shocked, but there was nothing of that. Sure, he may have had that look for a few seconds, but after that, that was it. His look on his face clearly said that he was determined for anything coming their way. Chanyeol nodded his head seriously.

"Then, I guess I'm in."

 

 

Since Chanyeol was still lost as ever, Kyungsoo told him everything that they needed to do. He told him about his father, his mother, his father's debt and how he didn't have anywhere to go. He didn't mention the fact that he was from the North and lied that he got an offer for a scholarship and he was from another region in South Korea.

"Your father is the most despicable human being I've ever heard of! Piece of useless ," Chanyeol muttered in anger and he couldn't help but curse.

Kyungsoo didn't say anything, and skipped through the televsion channels instead. He already knew how much big of a his father was.

"I'm not even sure if you're supposed to blame him though, if it wasn't for your mom, then he wouldn't resort to loaning, right?" The giant suddenly stopped himself from his anger spree and looked at Kyungsoo, hoping for the boy to answer his question.

"He was already like that ever since he got addicted to loaning money for his own needs, I guess my mom knew, so she left him. But I wished she took me with her, so I wouldn't have to deal with all this. The grand total of loans my father got for the past 17 years equals to 500 million won. Of course the loan sharks wouldn't want to lose that much, so they had to corner me," Kyungsoo sighed, like he said before, he didn't like tallking about his past.

"500 million won..." Chanyeol rubbed his chin as he was deep in thought, "We can afford that if each of us give you a 100 million won; Me, Baekhyun, Minjae, Sehun, and another rich heir. But I doubt my parents would approve of that, so how do we earn all this money... Look, 500 million won! Do you know how many zeros that number has!? But it would be an amazing feat if we were to get it, since we're only 18."

"Chanyeol..." Kyungsoo suddenly remembered the gang Baekhyun had told him earlier about, "How much do you reckon they'll give us- if we defeat them?"

"They? What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about BTS, from Seoul High."

Kyungsoo could hear the sound of something falling on the ground followed by some choking. It turned out to be Chanyeol who had dropped his phone on the floor and had taken a mouthful of water at the wrong time. Seeing that it was nothing serious, he turned back to his cooking show.

"B-B-BTS? Don't tell me you're talking about the one with Kim Namjoon... Please please please-"

"Yeah, their leader is Kim Namjoon."

"Oh god," Chanyeol slapped his palms on his cheeks and pulled his face down, "Not him!"

"I'm just asking how much you think they'll give us if we defeat them!" Kyungsoo glared at the giant who was overreacting.

"Oh, if that's the case... then you just set your price, and if you win, they'll give you the money, but if they win, then I guess they just humiliate you in front of all the Seoul High students, since they're our rival school. It'd be a bad reputation for our school."

"Then, let's challenge them! I'm asking for 50 million," Kyungsoo abruptly sprang up from the sofa and rushed upstairs before Chanyeol could even protest.

"I'm so dead..." Chanyeol rubbed his face exasperatedly.

Month 00 Day 27

For the past week, Kyungsoo couldn't think about anything else other than the upcoming fight with BTS. He had told Baekhyun, and he was definitely sure Chanyeol knew about it. He wasn't confident he would win this one, he didn't even know how they looked like. But no one could've been intimidating as him right?

As he sat down scribbling notes, the chat they had a few days ago between the three of them distracted him from writing.

"It's just the three of us?" Baekhyun shouted in disbelief. Kyungsoo knew he found it impossible for them to defeat 3 people against 7 seven.

"Yeah, it's just the three of us!" Chanyeol grinned and bounced up and down. He was against it when Kyungsoo first told him, but it looked like he just it up. 

"Look, I know that I suggested we try them, but it's just us three! Don't you think we need some backup or something?" Baekhyun reasoned, and the two other boys nodded, agreeing that he was right.

"As if we would have any backup, we barely know anyone except for... Sehun, and Minjae."

"That's it. Sehun," Kyungsoo widened his eyes and looked at the two of s, who had grins on their faces.

Baekhyun cheered, "Yes! Why didn't we think of that punk earlier? I mean, think about how many men he would have on his side!"

Sehun... Oh Sehun... Kyungsoo spun his pen around his fingers as he tapped his foot. There hadn't been a word from that boy ever since last week when all of them went out together as a whole group to hangout. He was still as cold as hell, like Kyungsoo, but he looked like he was busy with a lot of issues, so there was no doubt that he could be backup for them.

Just then, Kyungsoo felt something slide against his arm, looking to see a note. He turned next to him where Baekhyun was seated and he saw the boy giving him a smirk. Glaring at Baekhyun, Kyungsoo stuffed the note under his desk with no desire to even look at it. He was too occupied with his thoughts. He really wanted to defeat BTS even if they were going to lose.

 

 

"This is Seoul High?" Kyungsoo stood in front of the building that was the same size of their school, the structure was pretty much the same except that they had a different emblem and uniform. There were so many students, seeing as this was a good school, so no wonder Yonsei and Seoul High were rivals.

"Yeah, looks like a dump, if you'd ask me," Baekhyun scoffed, earning some stares from the Seoul High students, "And inside the dump, they're all the pieces of crap piled up on each other."

"Even they way they get out is like the way garbage slide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter