[오]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Five}

A week had passed, Kyungsoo still had approximately 355 days until he would meet his unevitable death if he couldn't gather the right amount of money. There was still no luck, he hadn't even earned anything. The only money he had received was from Chanyeol who was nice enough to give him a weekly allowance because he'd thought the boy's parents didn't give him any pocket money at all. So far, staying at the giant's place had peen peaceful, although at times some deafening ruckus could be heard from the room next door. Apparently, someone had been trying to attempt to sing high pitched notes like how the members of the girl groups sang it. No one stayed in Chanyeol's house other than him and Kyungsoo, so it was more than easy to figure out who was responsible for the disruption when Kyungsoo was trying to study.

Baekhyun hadn't been attending school for the whole week, not that Kyungsoo cared. It wasn't a coincidence that the ignorant male wasn't present since he had asked him to join his gang. That issue was still unspoken of to anyone. It was better because he didn't have anyone being an or insulting him during all the lessons. But all he wanted was an answer, and if Baekhyun was trying to avoid him or anything, he'd personally go to his house for the answer he'd been wanting. Or maybe he was putting some thought about it at home. It wasn't everyday where someone would give you a chance to join a gang that was aiming to be notorious.

Go Minjae still stared at him, even after a week, which was a little uncomfortable for him. Kyungsoo would send her a glare that would send her turning back to the front. Other than the staring, she pretty much annoyed him with her stubborness. This girl is really out of the ordinary, no one's as stubborn as her He thought to himself. 

Oh Sehun was still unconvincable. Eventhough the three of them had made trips to his class every weekday, he wouldn't make eye contact with them. The only thing he would give were curt responses like 'No' and 'Get lost'. If it was after school, he'd storm out of the class. Other seniors had already given up on asking him, but Park Chanyeol insisted on pestering him until the end, so did Minjae. It was two to one, Kyungsoo wasn't one to object, he just went with it coolly. Still, there were so many other struggling juniors to choose from, why Oh Sehun? He was about to give up about asking him on joing his gang, but he knew the three of them would find a way sooner or later if not now. No one could keep this ignoring act up for long.

Today, the last lesson for the school day was gym class. The boys and girls gathered in the gymnasium, awaiting instructions from the coach. Kyungsoo wondered why Chanyeol and Minjae were standing next to him when he clearly wanted to be alone. Every five steps he took further away from them, they would just go five steps closer. Minjae didn't look too intent on joining this, so it was certainly Chanyeol who had dragged her in this.

"Alright class," The coach clapped his hands together, "I'll put you in pairs, one boy and one girl! We're doing a teamwork exercise, and this makes it more fair."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Of all the activities, it had to be a boy and a girl one. He didn't want those delusional girls squishing his face, because he sweared he would be done with everything.  

In the end, he was paired up with Go Minjae. He had no objections, to be honest, since she wasn't clingy or intended to squish his face. But she didn't look pleased, and Kyungsoo didn't have any intentions on making her happy. He just wanted to get this over with, because he despised gym lessons, but he despised his father more than this.

"Alright, first we'll do sit ups. The boys can start first, while the girls hold on to their legs," The coach announced, blowing on his whistle as the students struggled to get in their positions.

Minjae sat down on the polished wooden floor of the gymnasium, calling over to Kyungsoo, "Come on, if the coach sees us slacking around, we're in for trouble... and I'm not hesitating to tell him that it's your fault."

My fault? Whatever...

Slowly, he sat on the floor opposite the girl, bending his legs so she could hold on to them. Kyungsoo had started to do his sit ups silently, whereas Minjae was focusing on some other students, not looking at the boy. It made him wonder why she wasn't trying to stare at him now since this was the closest she was ever going to get with him. If she didn't want to stare at him now, then she could suit herself, it made his life easier anyway. He didn't need to feel uncomfortable.

"Hey," Kyungsoo called unknowingly, "You need to count the sit ups, so look here."

He saw Minjae snap out of her daze, and she immediately gave him a scowl, "Fine, I'm so sorry Sir."

"Immature," He muttered under his breath while he still did his sit ups, he looked over to Minjae to see if she'd heard what he said.

"What did you call me? Immature? You're more thoughtless than I imagined..." She seemed to have really good hearing, Kyungsoo made sure to never insult her under his breath ever again. He would just do it mentally, then he could inwardly shout all types of words at her.

That was Kyungsoo had abruptly sat up, face only inches away from Minjae's. He could see her eyes widen to the size of saucers, it was secretly entertaining to him. He had to stop a small smirk from showing on his face. Their eyes stared back at each other, and Kyungsoo could hear his heart go softly : Thump Thump Thump. It was just a speed above average, it didn't affect him too much, he had just wanted to teach Go Minjae a lesson. The girl's face was already the color of a fresh tomato : it was bright red.

"I'm not as thoughtless as you think," He replied, pulling back from the closeness of their faces and resuming his sit ups again as if nothing had happened.

Go Minjae was speechless, was literally agape in either shock or she was just astounded. To be honest, Kyungsoo never knew their faces would be so close to each other's. The both of them didn't utter a single word after that, and continued their pair activities silently. Although the boy wanted to ask if there was anything wrong with her, he refrained from doing so. She would probably be too flustered to answer.

He wondered how she would act after school, there was no way she could ignore him. They were in the same group after all, they were bound to make contact. Kyungsoo was just interested at her reaction, he didn't plan on pushing this further, he just wanted to . 

 

 

After school, Chanyeol had dragged the both of them yet again, to Oh Sehun's classroom. He was still trying hard, eventhough Kyungsoo wanted to just handle everything by himself, but he knew Chanyeol wouldn't let him. "This is group work, we're supposed to do it together!" He would say, and that was when Kyungsoo gave up on arguing any further.

"Why can't we just find someone else?" Kyungsoo complained, he wasn't someone to always complain. Like he said, there were so many other juniors that needed help, why Oh Sehun? He looked strong enough to deal with his own problems.

"Because not anyone can help him, the situation he's in is different," Chanyeol slid the door open, revealing Sehun there as usual, novel in hand.

When the three of them appeared in front of the boy for the third time this week, he pratically slammed his novel down on his desk. He looked annoyed enough to be dealing with the three of them. 

"Oh god. What do you guys want? I told you I have nothin-" He was about to escape again until Minjae had blocked him from escaping.

She gave him a strict look, "Just let us help you, we really want to. Why would we still be here if we didn't want to help you, put some thought in it. I bet some of the other seniors asked you already, and when you rejected them, they never came back right? Oh Sehun, just tell us what's troubling you, we're not going to back out on this one."

Kyungsoo saw Chanyeol nod, like he really meant it. He gave a curt nod too, hoping that it would push Oh Sehun to at least say something.

The younger gave a smirk in response, and the look on his face was one of faked belief, "Help me? You guys think it's that easy, the situation I'm dealing with?" He laughed, but it was a sarcastic one, "You lot are stupid, the more you come near me, the more you're in danger, because I'd like to see you trying to deal with my father- that unhumane piece of scum. So you guys say you're here to help me? Then I have something the three of you can help me with : kill my father for me, please."

Kill his father? Is he insane? Kyungsoo thought weirdly. He looked over to his two group members, who were even more stunned than he was in the inside. Oh Sehun was crazy, they couldn't possibly kill his father. Firstly, he was a possibly a mafia boss. Secondly, if they were to kill him, then they'd be arrested. Why on earth did killing someone seem so easy to Oh Sehun? Especially someone closely related to him. Even Kyungsoo didn't want to kill his father if he ever saw him, he would just throw a good punch through his face.

Once Sehun had seen the looks on each of their faces, he smirked again, "See, shocked? I told you, it's impossible. Just go find someone else already..." He pushed past Chanyeol who was standing on the other side, exiting the classroom like how he always did.

"Was he hit on the head when he was young or something? Kill? Is he crazy?" Chanyeol complained.

Kyungsoo and Minjae could only shrug in response, since they couldn't really jump to any conclusions. They didn't know anything about Oh Sehun, except that he was rude and insensible.

"Let's follow him home. Maybe we can see what his situation is like."

The two boys instantly snapped their heads to Minjae, whose face wasn't joking about what she'd just said. Kyungsoo thought that it was a crazy idea, but it did seem like an idea that would work. But they didn't know, if they wanted to risk getting beat up by his father's army of men.

"Go Minjae, have you gone crazy too?!" Chanyeol rushed to hold the girl by the shoulders, shaking her lightly.

Her idea doesn't seem like a bad one... "Let's do it," Kyungsoo insisted. He saw Minjae's eyes widen again, surprised to see him agreeing with her idea. Well, truthfully, it really didn't seem like a bad idea, so he just couldn't leave it to waste like that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter