[십오]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{FIFTEEN}

Month 01 Day 3

Kyungsoo kept on running, he wasn't planning on stopping until the voices of those men died down, but there were still behind him. He pushed past the crowd, running across crossroads that already flashed a red pedestrian light. He couldn't afford to stop because of that little matter, breaking the rules just once wouldn't even hurt a fly, meaning it wouldn't make a big scene anyway.

When his legs were on the verge on giving out, he found himself in a crowded area. His vision was blur from exhaustion and with all the crowds spreading like ants. How he felt he'd just run 10 kilometres didn't help too. He was about to blend in with the crowd when he heard those same irritating shouts again.

"There he is! GET HIM!"

At this rate, I'll be dead meat, Kyungsoo speedened up his pace again, and he didn't know where those guys were but he was going to keep running. Just when he thought he was finally going to be able to take a break, they appeared out of nowhere. It made him think they must've had a tracker device attached to him, or maybe tailing people was their expertise.

He couldn't keep going like this, he needed to come up with a plan to disguise himself. Anything that would possibly work for them to get distracted. He turned his head to the right, bunches of people were walking, some pushing past him because he was blocking the way. Then he looked to the left, and there was someone who coincidentally had to be there when he was.

Go Minjae. Kyungsoo sighed in relief at their paths crossing. For once, he was sincerely overjoyed that the girl was just a short distance away from him.

"I think he went this way!"

"What are you waiting for?! RUN FASTER!"

Kyungsoo turned to look back where he could see the men catching up, and he swiftly ran over to where Minjae was. He was too frenzied, not noticing his actions that made the girl think he was some sort of kidnapper. Unexpectedly, he found his hand holding her waist naturally like he'd been doing it for years, there was nothing awkward about it, surprisingly. His face automatically drawed nearer to her's, lips almost touching, and his heart skipped a beat all of a sudden, but he paid no attention to it as he was still worrying over the men chasing him. Maybe it was because he was too preoccupied with running away that he didn't take more notice of his actions.

"H-Hey--" He was greeted by Minjae's shimmering brown orbs that were widened in shock.

"D-Do Kyungs--"

His finger went up to her lips, pressing up against them gently. He was more than sure he was going to get interrogated after this incident because of what he was doing now. There wasn't any other girl he knew that was as persistent as Go Minjae. It reminded him of her brother, that shared the same personality as his sister, there was no doubt about it. 

"Shh," He hushed her calmly, peeking at his surroundings to check if those men were still around.

"He's gone, I don't see him," His breath hitched, and he remained absolutely still as he saw that they were right beside him. His face inched closer to Minjae's. This time, he made eye contact with her. At that moment, he regretted doing it, because he was speechless at her beauty. It was the first time a girl had made him feel this way before. Those rosy pink lips he wanted to steal a kiss from a few days ago, that innocent look in her eyes, it was all so mesmerising to him.

"Bull! He can't be gone, go the other way! We must find him!" The sound of frantic foosteps faded off with the others.

"You realise what you're d-doing, r-r-right?" He observed the girl's face that was starting to resemble a tomato, he could tell she was starting to feel shy seeing the way her eyes were fixed on the ground. If she met eyes with him, it would only last for a few seconds. 

That expression was actually amusing him in a strange way. It was a joy to watch her getting flustered sometimes.

He nodded at her question,"Yes, I clearly know what I'm doing. So, Go Minjae, would you just keep your mouth shut and let us stay like this for a little while to save my life?"

But she still wouldn't keep shut, "But still, you're going to have to do some explaining or else I'll really--"

Kyungsoo mentally facepalmed himself at trying to act calm with her, so he tried his last resort. If he couldn't act calm, then he would just have to threaten her.

"Shut up, or I'll really kiss you."

That was what he said, and at the realisation, he shut his lips immediately and pulled back when he felt that the coast was clear. It was something foolish to say, but secretly, he wouldn't mind if she talked again. He would really kiss her then, but he wouldn't mention anything of it later.

He continued to stare at Minjae, whose mouth was agape, either in pure surprise or she was thinking about the unimaginable, which was their lips engaging in a passionate kissing session.

"Y-You..." She bit on her lip nervously, cheeks turning red once again, "Wouldn't dare to k-kiss me! I'll s-seriously hit y-you!"

There was a light smirk beginning to trail up on his lips, and he tried his best to stop it from showing. When he did, he decided to tease the girl a tiny bit. It wouldn't hurt a fly. 

He tilted her head upwards with his thumb before his face was going closer to hers, causing her to lean back. They were awfully close together, and Kyungsoo gulped when he actually noticed how close he'd gone. 

"Care to see me try?" He eyed her lips which were immediately covered by Minjae.

"N-no! Now could you please, just go away?" She frowned at him in annoyance.

Kyungsoo shrugged, not really caring, "Alright, thanks, by the way." He had begun to walk when he felt someone catch his wrist. 

"Thanks? For what?" Minjae questioned.

Soon converting back to his cold demeanor instead of his mischievious one, he glanced at her, "None of you business, out of it." And with those final words, he walked away, leaving the girl in a confused state. 

Month 01 Day 6

"Kyungsoo ah--"

"Hey, Do Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo looked up from his desk to see Baekhyun standing on one side, with Minjae on the other. Baekhyun suddenly snapped his head over to the girl, giving her an unsatisfied look, "Hey, stop interrupting me Minjae! If you want to talk with Kyungsoo, you have to wait another day because he and I have some important things to talk about that you wouldn't understand."

Minjae raised an eyebrow, "Well, if it wasn't for his reckless actions leaving that ended up leaving so many questions in my head, I wouldn't be asking for him right now!"

He saw the other boy's eyes widen, and then give him a playful smirk, "Reckless actions? Oh Do Kyungsoo you nasty nasty boy, what have you been doing while we were busy preparing for our..."

Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a look that could kill. If he was going to mention their upcoming battle with Winner, then he was so going to be punished. Baekhyun looked around the room, still stuck on his sentence when something popped in his head, "Busy preparing for our exams. Yes, exactly. What else would we be doing? Mr. Gu said that there was going to be a maths test soon, didn't he?"

He nodded back. Byun Baekhyun, was by far, the worst liar in the history of lying. He was good at being cocky, Kyungsoo would give him a ten out of ten for that, but for his lying, it would be a zero.

"We weren't doing any of what your sick mind was thinking of, you idiot!" Minjae fumed and gave Baekhyun's head a hard punch.

"! Damn, you didn't need to hit me so hard, I was only joking!"

"Well if you keep that up you're going to have a concussion!"

"Why? As if you'd dare to punch me, shorty! Come at me!"

"Oh, you're really asking for this, Byun Baekhyun-- Wait, what am I doing? I have to get Kyungsoo to follow me, I have tons of questions for him!" He heard the girl suddenly shout as he exited the classroom. When they'd started fighting, he was already sighing at their childishness. Not able to take anymore of their pointless argument, he had nothing else better to do than to leave.

"Hey, Do Kyungsoo, I'm not done talking!" He could hear the girl's hurried footsteps catching up with his walking, "Seriously, you need to stop running away like that."

"What do you want?" 

"As if you don't know. You clearly know what I want, I want some explanation of what you did yesterday!" Wow, it looked like that incident was really lingering around her mind for a long time. Kyungsoo could say that they were both alike in some way. No matter how

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter