[삼십오]

Before February
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{THIRTY-FIVE}

Month 07 Day 18

a/n : RLLY LONG, and boring, and dramatic chapter ahead! We're approaching to the finish line folks! Not in this chapter tho- 

 

Pools of blood splattered on the cemented floor, before another gunshot sounded. All was silent, all tired breaths were drowned by the waves of the sea near them crashing against each other. The moonlight shined it's gleaming rays on the scene filled blood-stained faces, tear-infested eyes and unstoppable pleads. This wasn't how the plan was supposed to go.

Kyungsoo knelt down on the floor, his knees scraped the hard ground because of the tattered holes in his pants. His hands were limp by his sides as his face was hung low, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. His clothes were stained with blood spots, including his own, and so were his hands. It felt as if all the energy had been drained from him, because he couldn't even stand up to punch the bastards who were watching down on him with glee. The gunshot on his lower abdomen didn't help either. 

Never had he imagined his death would end like this   him, kneeling like a tortured slave in front of the loan shark while a gun was being pointed at him, never dropping down for a second. The worst thing was, his friends were witnessing everything before them. They were all wounded, but they couldn't do anything and could only watch helplessly instead, although the passion to help Kyungsoo was burning inside them strongly. 

But Kyungsoo didn't want them to risk their lives for him, he know he deserved all this. He'd barged in to their lives unexpectedly, straightforwardly requesting them to join his gang. He was the sole reason they were all lying injured on the floor right now unable to get up. He didn't want them to watch him die like this  it would be too gruesome.

Behind Kyungsoo lied a hundred metre fall where he could plunge in to nothing but a endless stretch of water. Land didn't seem to be too far away, but they guessed that he wouldn't be able to end up anywhere with that gunshot wound. He had two ways of choosing his death. The first was falling off pier by himself, while the second was getting a bullet shot through his heart by the loan shark in front of him. 

"K-Kyungsoo, I-I'm so ing sorry, the plan should've worked  "

An extremely disorientated Namjoon managed to stutter out of guilt, but Kyungsoo shook his head, even flashing a reassuring smile in the process. "No, you guys did well, the plan was good. We were able to at least get this far with it, and I'm... not mad. T-They were just a step ahead of us..."

"You guys better do well, and don't get yourselves killed, alright?" Jimin spoke up after a long silence. 

All eleven of them were cramped at the back of Namjoon's van which was filled with gadgets other than them. It looked like a small van from the outside, so it was a wonder that the thing could fit eleven grown boys at the back, excluding Namjoon and Jin in front seat. From there, the BTS boys were going to inform them on what was going on in the buidling, since Yoongi had miraculously managed to hack their security system.

The atmosphere was still around all of them, without anyone uttering a single word. All of them could only zone out as they imagined the worst case scenarios that would befall on them if they were to mess up the plan. This was their first and last chance, and their hearts were pounding hard against their chests with extreme nervousness.

"You guys know to use common sense, so we better not be there to save your asses if you're ever in trouble!" Hoseok joined in, frowning with his eyebrows creased together, like an angry child.

"Tsch, I guess we've gotten quite attached to your friends, Park Chanyeol." Jin turned around to look at all eleven of them with his arms crossed. "Well, but I admit it. Throughout these weeks of out bickering, I'd gladly call you guys our friends. We sincerely wish you luck on this, and don't even think of messing up on this mission, because we trust you guys." With that said, the older boy put out his hand in the middle of their circle. 

Kyungsoo and s watched as Jin's hand hovered in the air, before Namjoon stopped the van and turned around to place his hand on top of Jin's. One by one, they started to place their hands on top of each other's, they were slowly gaining their confidence. When all of their hands were piled, they raised them in the air with much enthusiasm before Hoseok had started to chant some cringeworthy chants of encouragment.

Half an hour later, the van came to a half at their destination. The doors opened and Kyungsoo proceeded to jump out of the van with s, serious expressions plastered on their faces. They were going to throw their childish images away today because they were going to be cold-blooded gangsters just for this once. 

The van drove off to park somewhere further away. Kyungsoo straightened out the creases of his white dress shirt, and so did the rest of s after watching him do so. He wanted to take a step forward, but he found himself hesitating for a second, even after the warm exchange they had thirty minutes ago. You can do this, you can do this, Kyungsoo chanted in his mind.

The headquarters in front of them didn't look out of the ordinary. It was designed to disguise with other many buildings in this quaint neighbourhood in Yongsan. The white paint on the walls were chipped off, that being one of the obvious signs of the building's worn-out state. On the windows, were crumpled posters of their main dishes; the colours on the posters seemed to be fading away. On the outside, it had the appearance of a generic Chinese restaurant, just that they'd probably kick out customers instead of inviting them in.

"Kyungsoo, are you going in?"

Kyungsoo snapped out of his daze, turning to face his five hopeful friends. He was the one who was going to lead them to success, or maybe he was the one who was making them partake in his sins. The thought of the latter made him feel guilt. Slowly, he felt like he had no reason to continue anymore. 

"I... don't know..." He let out a weak sigh. "I... just don't want you guys to risk your lives for me, you know? You guys have family and people who care for you, they'd go crazy if something were to happen to you, so I kind of doubtful. I mean, if I were to die  "

"Yah, Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol took rough strides towards him. "Stop talking bull, alright? We're helping you because we want to, because you're our friend and we want to put an end to your suffering. And if you were to die, we don't know what we'd do. You know your mom would go crazy if you suddenly disappeared, right? And how about Minjae? Are you going to leave her without someone to love? She's never dated anyone the whole time while she was in high school, because she'd never met anyone as mysterious as you, so I guess she must've been drawn to you, like how you were to her. I know we can all do this somehow."

Kyungsoo had totally forgot about all the points the giant had mentioned. He couldn't believe he forgot his mother, who had finally been able to find some happiness after surviving for years in the outside world, outside the borders of the North. Was he going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter