chapter 8

Meeting You

Sulli’s POV

Amber followed Krystal, *sigh* she ditched us. Well, it’s not like we’re going somewhere because we aren’t, everyone went home and I am of course on my roll Royce.

“location young miss?” my driver

“home” *sigh*

“young miss, you seemed not well today, are you okay?” my driver asked me while looking at me through the mirror.

“I’m fine, I’m fine *sigh*”

“but you sighed a lot since you enter the car”

“I’m cool, no worries *smile*”

The atmosphere became silence again. But then somehow I felt uneasy, I got a feeling that something is not right, something bad is happening but I don't know what. So I searched for my iphone and put it on Bluetooth. I connected it to the car and music.

~red light – fx~

Then suddenly, the song stopped. The ringtone was replaced instead. I looked to the monitor in front of me and saw ‘Krystal’.

“Answer” I said to the air and I heard Krystal’s voice panicking, the ambulance siren was at the background.

“Soo Jung? What’s wrong? isn’t that the sound of the ambulance’s siren?” I was now worried. I heard Krystal’s muffled voice and sniffs. She must be crying.

“Amber *sniff*” ‘Amber’ the name echoed through my mind. I was now panicking.

“hospital?” I asked Krystal

“mine *sniff*”

“mr. Driver?” I said

“heading there, young miss” he answered immediately. The car suddenly speeds up.

“I’m coming Soo Jung” with that, I ended the call.

When we arrived, I rushed inside to the receptionist and heck, what I found was a freakin long line. I ain’t have time for that. So I went in front of the line and showed the woman my student ID before she could say anything.

The woman along with other workers immediately recognized me and stood up and bows at me.

“Amber Liu” I told her with a serious face

“none by the name, young miss choi” , not here yet? damn it.

Then the hall was once quiet was now full of sounds made by security guards lining up. I knew what was going on right away because this only happens when the big, I mean the biggest boss comes in. I rushed outside and the scene hit my eyes. Amber’s white polo has stains of blood. Her sleeveless vest and tie was hold onto by Krystal. I scanned Amber’s body and noticed her wet shorts. The white bed she was on had blood stains at her pants area.

Aish~ this is bad. The last time I witnessed this scene was when she was 8. It was during the time when her stomach wasn’t well, she climbed up a monkey bar and slipped. She fell on one of the bars hitting her stomach onto the bar.

“Soo Jung, did she coughed blood then blood wet her pants?” I asked Krystal

“yes, how did you know?” *sniff*

“it’s the same as 7 years ago. She fell onto a monkey bar hitting her stomach while her stomach wasn’t well.” I answered her, still eyeing the pale body on the bed, being pushed to a room.

We stopped in front of the room and doctors rushed inside.

Krystal’s POV

What have I done? Aish~I shouldn’t have punched her like that. ==’ and what’s more? I actually put strength in that punch. This .” I thought to myself as I listened to Sulli’s story.

“the blood that wetted hyung’s shorts…” sulli continued

“you might think that it’s period but it’s not” I know, I just knew ==’

“that came from her rectum.”

“how do you know so much?” I asked her.

“Krys, it’s logic. You don't bleed with your if you’re having a gastropathy problem” God, I’m panicking here, I ain’t have time to do logical measures.

“it’s like you don’t poop with your right?” she said again.

“I know, I know ok? You can stop now” I told her.

Sulli gave me a pack of tissues so I used it to wipe my tears. We waited outside for a while and no, it’s not an emergency room. The doctor came out with a pile of images on his hands. He gave it to me and started explaining.

“it seems like the medicine Mr.Liu had from long ago was not enough. It only eases the pain but did not treat it.”

“as you can see in the image of Mr.Liu’s stomach, the damage inside was once a scratch now had turned into a wound. I assumed that Mr. Liu did not eat at the right time and usually skip meals. I recommend that Mr. Liu should sleep enough and eat at the right time. do not skip meals or leave a hungry stomach for a long time, and if possible decrease the amount of coke too.”

“ahh, coke. That’s right ==’ Hyung has been addicted to coke since last year and won’t stop drinking.” Sulli said while sighing.

“the reason to the bleeding through the rectum …” the doctor continued make me turn to him immediately.

“was because of the acting up of this wound right here” he pointed at the picture.

“and apparently, while the wound was opening, something might’ve hit it, so it bled… the pain of the wound would make the body feels uneasy and would cough. Since the throat is connected to the stomach, the blood would come out along with air being coughed.” He explained then looks to us.

“did Mr. Liu ate something hard? Or was he hit by something?” he asked.

“I punched her in the stomach” I told them. Sulli looked at me with wide eyes.

“i’m sorry” i said.

“well, please refrain yourself from doing that again when Mr. Liu’s stomach isn’t feeling well, young miss” the doctor told me. I lowered my head and looked at the floor.

With that, the doctor went back inside.

“sorry Ssul, I didn’t know she isn’t feeling well.” I told Ssul.

“you and your violent features. *sigh* so? I know you wouldn’t hit someone without a reason”

“we were in the library, she was sniffing my hair. I thought she was a ert so I punched her.”

“I see” *sigh* “well, calm down. Hyung isn’t one, and she won’t do anything to you. I guarantee. And soo jung, you must not know that your hair was scented.” Sulli raised her eye brows while saying.

“and hyung likes nice smell” she said

*sigh* “anyways sorry”

“you really need to control your urges bro *laughs*”

“yah! You can still laugh at a time like this?” I glared at her

“don't worry, hyung won’t die so easily” *smile*

“Aish~”

A moment later, Amber was being pushed out of the room. The nurses transferred her to a VIP room cause I said so.

We followed her to the room and settle on the couches. Amber was still sleeping.

“should we call president Liu?” I asked Sulli

“nahhh, he’s in Taiwan for a meeting. We shouldn’t worry him. I mean we could take care of hyung on our own.”

We watched TV while waiting for Amber to wake up. a moment later, the doctor came in and gave me a bottle of medicine. He told us that from now on, if her stomach hurts, she needs to take this with the medicine that she had together. We nodded and the doctor went out again.

It was dark when Amber woke up. Sulli helped her sit.

“Aish~ I don't like my stomach, I wetted my boxers and uniform. Damn it”

“you sound like you just peed in your pants hyung. Merong~” Sulli stucked her tongue out at Amber. I just looked at how they interact. They do really look like brother and sister.

We stayed there for a while and Amber told me

“Krys, I want to go home.”

“you need rest, stay here, it belongs to our family.”

“krysssssssss. Homeeeeee” she whined. I didn’t know ‘The Amber Liu’ could be both flirty and childish?

“fine fine, stop whining”

“YESH!” she pumped her fist in the air. Sulli just laughed.