chapter 13

Meeting You

  Amber’s POV

“Good Afternoon Mr.Liu, it’s a pleasure to have you here in the Jung’s Mansion” I looked at her and smiled. it’s normal for people to call me Mr.Liu but hearing my future mother-in-law speak formally to me is kind of weird. It made me even more nervous.

“Good afternoon mam, please refrain me as Amber, mam” I told her. our hands were still together.

“*laughs* I see, so Amber. Welcome to our home.” *smile* we release our hands.

“yes, thank you for inviting me, mam. So I heard that Mr.Jung had something to tell us?” I asked her.

“oh yes, my husband and me had an announcement for both of you, but before that. Amber, call me umma *smile*” I blushed when I heard that, I looked over to Krystal and she moved her shoulders up and down.

“come on, it’s alright. No need to be shy, Amber”

“um..umma” I said shyly and she laughed.

“I heard Krystal said that you never got to experienced a love of a mother so from now on, you’ll be our son. *smile*” upon hearing that I was surprised and happy. I looked to Krystal and she looked to the ceiling. I smiled at her.

“thank you very much for giving me this opportunity. I promise I will take good care of your daughter” I bowed 90 degrees to her. she came forward and hugged me. we all sat down on the couch and talked about different stuff. And umma told me stories when Krystal and Jessica was little. I learned a lot more about Krystal from the talk.

We sat there for a while and the man of the household came back. Mr.Jung walked in with a happy smile on his face. He went forward and kissed his wife and hugged Krystal.

“good afternoon, Mr. Jung” I bowed to him. He gave me his hand and I took it, we shook hands.

“call me appa*smile*” I was kind of blushing.

“Good afternoon, ap..appa” I sais almost like a whisper while looking at the ground. Mr. Jung was literally laughing his off. He must be very happy.

“alright, we’ll wait for awhile for Jessica to come back then I have some announcement for both of you.” he said and pointed his fingers towards me and Krystal.

Krystal looked at me and I looked at her.

Some times later Jessica came and I was surprised that father is here too. appa and father hugged each other and laughed.

“alright, now that everyone is here, we’ll go straight to the matter” appa said aloud. Everyone got comfortable on the couch. Appa started

“so, as everyone knows. Krystal isn’t complaining about her fiancé and had been taking care of Amber. So, it’s a miracle..” appa earned a punch in the arms by Krystal.

“so, therefore… we’ll be announcing the engagement next week to the world during the 70th Liu anniversary party.” He said while holding his arms.

“what?!” Krystal yelled and jolted up from her seats.

I looked at her startled, everyone was giggling but I was kind of sad because I thought Krystal didn’t want this engagement to be known.

“why so early? I mean we just met” she continued.

“well, I want to settle this before you do anything stupid” appa told her and she pout. Kyaaaaa, she is sooo freakin cute.

“aish~, I won’t do anything. I promise. I mean Amber is the only person I’m cool with. The previous people you introduced me , appa.” Hearing that, it made me smiled widely.

“yes, that’s why the engagement will be announce to everyone next week” it’s umma this time. she smiled warmly at me.

I returned her smile with mine.

“but but…” Krystal was going to say something but she didn’t. I wonder what was she trying to say?

“nevermind ==’”

“and Krystal, you’re moving into the Liu’s mansion next month.” Father said. My eyes lit up.

*Spit* Krystal spit the water she was drinking in . I immediately grab a napkin and wipe for her.

“President Liu? What did you mean by that?” she asked in widen eyes.

“it’s exactly what you heard. You’re going to be living in the same room as Amber starting next month.” Appa explained to Krystal.

“and please call me dad from now on, Krystal” father told Krystal.

Krystal was absolutely speechless, while I felt like today was the best day of my life.

“there’s also a rule” appa said and we all looked to him.

“you both are going to have engagement rings, and you MUST keep them on no matter what. If any of you dare to take it off once..” he glared at both of us.

“you’ll face consequence. You both understood?” I nodded right away. Krystal also nodded but her face was priceless. She looked funny.

“congratulations” Jessica tapped Krystal shoulders.

“Aish~” Krystal swatted Jessica’s hands away. everyone laughed including me. I mentally promised that I would protect Krystal forever.