chapter 20

Meeting You

Chapter 20

Amber’s POV

As we arrive at the party place, securities ran over to our car and open the doors for us. It was already 6pm so my father rushed in and I followed him. Once I’m settled, I noticed that Appa, unnie, yuri and umma was there but I can’t see Krystal. That table was reserved for the Jung. Why is there another blonde other than Jessica sitting there? Well, I guessed it’s their relatives but then where is Krystal? Aish~ she should be around here somewhere so I don’t need to be worry. The staffs put the mic on my ear and adjust it to my mouth.

“hey, you got my songs ready?” I asked the staffs. I’ll be performing several of my hit songs today specially dedicated to Krystal.

“yes, sir. ‘Paper Heart’ that you composed yourself had been prepared for your performance.”

“good.”

Moments later, the party started and so does the press. My father walked up towards the stage facing the audience and the cameras. (we’re currently filming live)

“Good Evening everyone, I hope we all had a wonderful night” my father started

“as all of you may know, I am the president of the Liu Enterprise. And today marks one of the most special days of our company. today is the Liu Enterprise anniversary party and the reason that I’m making it extra big this year is to announce an important announcement.” My father continued. Then he looked at me and signaled me to come up.

I obeyed and walked up to the stage. Once I’m up, everyone was in a daze especially the ladies. I stood next to father and bowed at everyone.

I looked over to the Jung’s Table to find Krystal when I stood straight up again. I saw the 2 similar faces, Jessica and … who’s that blonde girl? She looks familiar… I concentrated my sight to that one person and finally I knew who it was. i was shocked and impressed at the same time. my princess is blonde and she’s as beautiful as an angel. Krystal also stared back at me, but it was too dark for me to know what expression she’s having. I stood there busy admiring her beauty when my father’s voice startled me a little.

“to all of you who do not know who this is, I shall introduce to you. this is my daughter, Amber Liu, and is also the only heir to the Liu Ent.”

Krystal’s POV

I was listening to Amber’s dad’s speech. He then called Amber up to the stage and

“oh my god” escaped from my mouth.

Her hair’s red. and surprisingly, she’s FREAKIN HANDSOME. Red suits her SO WELL. I mean I was staring at her face admiring it. the color of her hair really help shows up her sharp features on her face. With the tux she’s wearing right now and the stage lights. She looked like a prince from a fairy tale. It felt like the scene in front of me right now is not real. It seems like a perfect painting of a handsome and charming prince in blazing red hair. I saw her looking at me for a while then gave me her famous smile of hers. my heart suddenly races and I was totally speechless.

“to all of you who do not know who this is, I shall introduce to you. this is my daughter, Amber Liu, and is also the only heir to the Liu Ent.”

“greetings everyone, my name is Amber Liu. The next CEO to the Liu Enterprise.” Amber said then smiled. I noticed the females around the party hall was praising Amber’s beauty and charms non-stop. They were totally head over heels for her. it felt uncomfortable at first but then I felt proud since Amber’s going to be mine. and no one can take her away from me.

End POV

The hall was filled with clapping sounds. The president Liu invited Mr. Jung to come up. Mr. Jung gave a nice speech and called his daughters up.

“these are my daughters. Jessica Jung, the current President of the Jung’s Enterprise along with her fiancé, Kwon Yuri, the current CEO of the Kwon’s industries.” Mr. Jung said and everyone applause. He soon continued.

“and this is my second daughter, Krystal Jung, the next CEO to the Jung’s Enterprise” he pointed at his younger daughter. the males in the room became wild because of Krystal and the Females were crazy with Amber.

“earlier, I said that I have got an important announcement to make today.” President Liu said then continued.

“it is about the engagement between my only daughter, Amber and the second heir to the Jung Ent, Krystal. Everyone please give them applause” President Liu said with a happy smile on his face. The crowed was then filled with disappointment but then gave them the biggest applause along with different wishes hoping them will be happy.

Amber and Krystal took one step upwards. Amber came closer to Krystal and intertwined their hands. They bowed to the crowed and said thank you.

“we wish you a happy life Amber, Krystal. And here’s a little gift from us” Mrs. Jung said and handed over a little red box to Amber. Amber opened it and it was a couple ring. Krystal stared at it for a while and looked back to her father with an ‘are you serious’ face. She totally thought the rings were just a joke from her father but it was real. She will have to wear it 24/7, even when she’s at school.

“thank you” amber said and bowed to the parents. She then took the female ring out of the two and held Krystal’s left hand up. she put it on Krystal’s ring finger and Krystal did the same with Amber. Then they faced the crowds and bow to them before exiting the stage.

Amber’s POV

Our engagement had been announced and now, the whole world knew about this. i held Krystal’s hand and helped her off the stage. We then separate, she went back to her table and I went back to mine. however, father had joined the Jung’s table. i had to prepare for my performance later on so I stayed at my table. food was brought out and everyone enjoyed the dinner while I stuff a couple pieces of bread in my mouth while surfing the net. The news about us has been updated everywhere. I felt proud and happy at the same time. it was time for my first performance. I put the tiny earphones in my ears and told the staff to try playing the music. I adjusted the volume a little and fixed the mic on my face in it’s right spot. Since I changed its direction so that I could eat. *inhale exhale*

“it’s show time” I said with a confidence smile. I approached the piano on the stage using the backstage and sat on it quietly so that no one would notice me. I succeeded. I signaled ‘OK’ to the staff and immediately, the lights in the party hall shut off completely. then one light shown on me sitting on the Piano. Behind me was a big screen with ‘To Krystal, by Amber’ projected on it. I spoke through the mic on my mouth.

“err… good evening again, I’ve prepared a little performance for tonight and it is specially dedicated to my fiancé, Krystal Jung. I composed this song not long ago while thinking of Krystal so I hope everyone enjoy it especially you Krystal” I said while one hand touching the mic on my face and the other pointing at Krystal.

I started playing the piano and everyone as in EVERYONE was completely silent, watching me perform in awe. The news was updated again.

[Amber Liu, heir to the world famous Enterprise showed up with blazing red hair]

[Krystal Jung and Amber Liu engaged]

[Amber Liu, Kpop artist composed a song for her Fiance]

And so on….

The song ended and everyone was amazed. I felt happy. I looked over to Krystal and I could see her surprised face. She then gave me a very warm smile and I smile back. I saw the parents were amazed too. especially my father, he looked at me as if I’m an alien. Then I could see he pulled out his phone and moments later I received a text message.

-who are you? what did you do to my idiotic, cold and doesn’t know how to be romantic Amber?-

From: Handsome Father <3

I laughed quietly because I have a mic on my face. It would be weird if I suddenly burst out laughing right now right?

-I’m Amber, but an upgraded one- I replied and gave him a thumb up. he read the message and smiled back at me with a proud look.

I then spoke through the mic again.

“thank you for listening to my performance, but I have one last song that I’ve prepared for my fiancé. It’s called ‘Paper Heart’. I just composed it 5 days ago, and it will be on my album on my comeback in 2 months.” I said. The music start and I showed off my singing talent. I’m guessing that Krystal didn’t know about me being a kpop artist cause she’s staring at me with her jaws dropped. I looked over to her and gave her a wink as I sing.

When the wind plays jokes, hold me tight in case I fly away
You’ll be in trouble if you crumple me up like that
I may seem nice but I have a strong pride
I’ve never been hurt over love or thought of anyone seriously before
So I’m serious

I try to act strong on the outside but my heart is like paper
I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2
I like you so much that I’m actually a bit scared
I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2

Doo Doo- Doo Doo-

When it’s a rainy down, put an umbrella over me, don’t make me cry yeah yeah
I might rip so always make your words gentle and soft, OK?

Engrave it deeply in your heart
Because I’m telling you ahead of time
In case you don’t know

I try to act strong on the outside but my heart is like paper
I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2
I like you so much that I’m actually a bit scared
I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2

Doo Doo- Doo Doo- Please, be gentle
Wanna see my heart made out of white paper? I got a paper heart

Wanna see your name written on the side of my heart?
 

As I sang to this part I went over to Krystal and held her hand. she stood up and looked in my eyes. The light shown on both of us. I pulled out a piece of white paper that was in a heart shape from my left chest inside pocket of my vest. I opened it and it had ‘Krystal’ on it. I gave it to her and she smiled.

I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2
I like you so much that I’m actually a bit scared
I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2

I try to act strong on the outside but my heart is like paper
I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2
I like you so much that I’m actually a bit scared
I got a Pa-Pa-Pa-Pa-Paper Heart X2



the song ended and I looked straight at her in the eyes.

“i like you so much that I’m a actually a bit scared. But I’m risking everything to be beside you because my forever goal is to stay beside you no matter what and I’ll be protecting you for eternity. I love you Krystal Jung, and please take care of me too.” I said gently to her. the whole hall could hear it too since I didn’t care to lift the mic away from my face.

“I will” Krystal said and gave me a light peck on my lips and oh god. If you want me to fly right now, I think I can. i smiled brightly at her.

The party continued on in peace…