chapter 5

Meeting You

The heck am I doing? Listening to a teacher and writing notes. Studying is the last thing I wanted to do. I’m saying this not that I wanted to praise myself but it’s a fact, although I hate learning and I never did my homework (I got a lot of detentions back in middle school) I’ve never failed a single subject and that I would always receive a B or higher in every examinations and tests. That’s why my father never minded my detentions. And here I’m copying down notes and working on the math problems Mr. Kim is giving. I glanced over to Krystal and saw that she’s stuck with one of the questions. I checked it and decided to help her.

Krystal’s POV

Aish~ I hate math, stupid numbers. Why must it be important to become a leader of a company? I at math. I mean of all subjects, math is the only subject that I receive a C. and father was so furious. If I can’t get at least a B this year, I’m totally screwed. I sat there staring at the question I’m stuck on. Then suddenly Amber moved her chair closer to me.

“hey, you need help? I may look like this, but I’m an expert in math *wink*” aish~ I never knew Amber Liu is usually flirty.

I didn't answer; I just nodded and showed her the problem.

“oh this, you have to use this formula to solve” she told me and showed me how to do it and taught me a new way to solve the problem. It all suddenly became so clear to me. I’ve never thought of this way. I understood every problem and was able to solve all of it. I turned to her and she was watching me.

“thanks” I whispered

“you’re welcome, princess”

“who told you that you could call me princess?” I snapped back at her, but I like how she calls me princess.

“me *wink*”

“aish” I slapped her arms and the teacher noticed the noise we’re making

“is something wrong Ms. Jung?”

“Ah I’m sorry, my fault” Amber told him before I could answer. She then gave me a smile and shifted her attention back to her notebook. I mentally smiled at her cute action and went back on working. The lessons continued until Lunch time. I stood up and walk out of the classroom and met the group.

“hey Krystal!” Minho yelled

I waved back at him and Luna jumped in front of me from nowhere.

“Krystal!” she screamed and hug me. I hugged her back.

We all walked to the cafeteria including Sulli.

We were sitting in the cafeteria waiting for food to be served by the maids at our school. We talked about random stuff until Luna started talking about Amber.

“krystal, you know? Amber is a good person. You don't have to worry. Forget the past Krys, you look pathetic these past few years. I mean the only people that you’re opening up to are your family and us.”

“huh? Why are you suddenly bringing that up now?” I answered with a slight coldness in my tone remembering what happened between me and that stupid guy.

“yeah krys, Amber is cool. She’s nice. you don't have to ruin the engagement like you did when your father introduced you to your previous fiancés.” Minho added.

“come on Soo Jung, you need a life. I know we’re still young but we’re going to be stuck in that damn building of ours for the rest of our lives when we turn 18. We won’t have time to find anyone by then.” Sulli told me while tapping my shoulder.

“*sigh* I don't know. I’ll try, well at least it’s not a guy.” I told them. I put my hands on the table and lay my face on my hands. I sat there thinking in silence about Amber while the others move on to another topic and continue their conversation about some stupid stuff. I don't know, bananas? ==’ *sigh*

Then suddenly Sulli woke me up from my thoughts when she yelled to the person across the hall.

“HYUNG! OMMA!” I regain my sitting posture and look at the direction Sulli yelled to. It was Amber and vic-unnie.

“hey guys!” Amber greeted us while walking towards our table.

Amber’s POV

I saw krystal exiting the classroom and a bunch of familiar voices echoed. Sulli followed them but I stayed behind to gather my things. While I walk my way to the cafeteria, I saw Victoria. She came towards me and put her left arm around my shoulders and we walk together. We entered the cafeteria and I saw my friends along with krystal at one table.

“HYUNG! OMMA!” sulli shouted towards us.

“hey guys!” Victoria and I waved back and we walk to their table and sat down. Sulli stood up and pushed me down at the seat next to krystal. I mentally thanked her since I wouldn’t have the courage to do that.

We then started talking about random stuff, but I noticed that Krystal was silence the whole time. I was about to strike a conversation with her but the maids came with our foods. So we ate.  I watched how she eats and was mentally praising her beauty and manner. i guessed I was staring at her and not eating so she gave me a nudge with  her elbow while looking at her food.

“sorry” I told her while scratching the back of my neck and start eating.

I found out that she loves meat since all she had for lunch was meat. I also found out that her favorite fruit was mango. Cause she was whining to Victoria to go get her some mango juice since she was lazy. so I stood up and everyone at my table stared at me.

“wait here” I told krystal and hurriedly left to a vending machine nearby. I got her a can of mango juice and some other different sodas for the group.

“here” I told them as I put the bunch of cans onto the table and gave Krystal her juice. I gave her my special smile.

“thanks” she told me and looked the other way to open the can. I just sat back down and we continued talking.