chap 8

say you love me

 

Chemistry laboratory

“The experiment has 4 parts so~, one part for each of us, okay, we can finish faster that way and we can answer the questions later so take notes” says Sun, the three boys listen to hear and nod.

Sunye looked at Donghae who is acting differently since this morning, his not so arrogant when he arrive, the usual “Hi there pretty baby, miss me” or the wink he always give her with that smirk was not heard. Looks like it finally hit him. Somehow at the corner of her heart she felt sad, disappointed.

She really is different, like she and her friend say, he loves how focused she is, the quick thinking in doing the experiment and decision, really amazing.

 As he was nearing their classroom this morning, Eunhyuk came to him and remind him.

“Remember stop annoying her, change your strategy” says Eunhyuk and left.

So instead of a flashy way, he just said good morning to no one in particular and sat beside her. And now in their Chem lab, he just listens to her.

“Hey, start already” his group mate reminded him.

As he start and do his share he also never stops glancing or noting where Sunye is. After almost thirty minutes Donghae is already done and taking notes of the experiment assign to him at their table.

One of their group mates bringing a reagent, as he saw it he reprimanded him.

“Hey put it back in the front or the others will look for it and they would be going here and our table would be a mess and crowded”

“Careful its sulfuric acid” he said to him as he return it and he continue doing his notes and observation to share later with his group.

“Ah okay, sorry” he said, unknown to him he carelessly drop some in the table.

Sun is also finished and went to their table to do her notes as she leans on their table a burning pain just right in her left elbow made her scream.

“Sunye!” called Donghae.

“Ahhhh” as the burning pain is seeping she crouches down making her bump her head at the edge of the table.

Donghae quickly went to her aid.

“Sunye what’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.

“Elbow, it burning” she cried as she doesn’t know which to touch her head or her elbow. As she is to touch her elbow Donghae stops him.

“Don’t” he says “Sulfuric acid” he took his handkerchief  from his pocket and  wipe the acid that’s still in her skin,  next he guide her to the sink and he put her arm under the running water. He felt Sunye’s arm is heaving.

“Sunye” says Donghae

Sunye let herself be guided by him; her head hurts and as she is prolong standing she starts getting dizzy.

“Donghae” she called him and as he looks at her he saw her head hang on the side. Quickly he scoops her up and went out at the door.

“Professor I am taking Min Sunye at the infirmary” says Donghae not waiting for any response.

At the hallway Donghae was walking quickly while whispering to Sunye’s ear.

“Stay with me please” he says softly “don’t doze off sweetie, don’t scare me”

Sunye don’t know but she did try not to doze off upon his request, he continuously calls her name. Donghae’s heart is beating so fast scared of what happen to Sunye that he says her name again and again till they arrived at the infirmary.

==

Back in the laboratory

Heechul held his friends back as they are making a ruckus to come after Sunye, their professor stops them and says that they would only crowd her and better off to continue their activity and follow their friend later.

“Oppa~” says Victoria and Hyerim, while the boys are quiet but like the two girls they want to go now.

“I’ll go to her now, I’ll send you message, about her state okay” says Heechul to his friends his looks at the girls intently while with the boys is the I trust the girls to you, the boys nodded while the girls whine “just stay here finish the activity, so that you can share it to us okay” he says and went to talk to their professor.

“Sir, please let me follow Min Sunye, I know Lee Donghae is with her but-“

“Go” says the professor, Heechul nodded, he waves at his friends and quickly went out to the infirmary

The professor looks at the young man’s retreating back. He and the rest of his friends are popular to their peers and also to the teaching staff of the school.

It’s not only their looks that made them popular but also their friendship and to them, the faculty, are their good school rankings.

Nichkhun looks at Victoria and promptly took away the things in her hand. Victoria tried to get it back. With what happen to Sunye, Victoria is on verge of accident too, and he don’t want her hurt at all, if he can do something about it, he will.

“Nichkhun, give that back” she said to him.

“No” he said to her facing her, he puts it down on the table and grab her hand and guided her to sit down.

“You stay put I’ll do our part, you can’t process properly, so it’s safer for you to sit down. I don’t want you to get hurt” he said to her tenderly.

Victoria was left gaping at him.

 Nichkhun pinches Victoria’s cheek before proceeding to do the experiment “you’re so cute”

“Aissh” she said smiling.

“Don’t move, okay stay there, and I’ll do the experiment, understand” he says.

“D-deh”

Victoria’s eyes followed Nichkhun around the room; he has the book in his arms while he was juggling the test tube, beaker and dropper in his hands.

Whatever he is doing conscious or unconscious he really does it handsomely, he look so cute as he reread the directions in the book, among others he doesn’t look lost in what his doing, her heart felt proud as he is not only have looks but also the brain, also he is athletic.

Her heart swell being proud of her man.

Wait! What did she just thought?

Her man.

No, no, no. she said in her mind while shaking her head.

Her friend.

 Right her friend. Friend

“Hey, what are you thinking, you kept shaking your head” says Nichkhun, she was startled at his presence beside her.

“Aren’t you there a while ago” she said pointing at the front.

“Well now I am here, I am almost done and so are the other members, we will be answering in a few minutes” says Nichkhun.

“Why are you here, you’re done?” asked Victoria, flustered.

Nichkhun cup her face “this is the main reason I made you sit down, your unfocused now, because you’re worried” he says as his hand lightly caressed her cheeks. She just nodded she was caught off guard by his actions again

Oh goodness!! Be still my heart, oh please be still.