Dusk is danger (part 1)

Wild 3.6.5

Dusk is danger (part 1)

 

Daeya couldn’t sleep. Two things were still lingering on her mind. The first one was the boy and the second one was her assignment.

What did her teacher meant by “eliminated”? Sure, they were somehow having a competition but she knew the teacher. She wasn’t some kind of person who will play on words like that. This competition was to be a true competition with something big at the end or else she wouldn’t have instated like that.

Tossing in her bed, she thought of the time they had to do this assignment. It was a really challenging assignment. They had to be the best in only one week and she also knew the teacher was right. The people in her group were the best ones in the university…

At once she had an idea. The best idea. She could picture the others taking pictures of couples in the dim light of the sun setting but she had better. Much better. Smiling, she ended up taking a sleeping pill to finally fall asleep.

The morning after, when she went out to catch her bus to her part time job, she didn’t notice that someone was following her.

As well as she didn’t notice the man staring at her figure for the longest time during her shift.

At the end of her work day she looked over at the time. It was already late and she had to do a lot before being able to go out to try to shoot some photos for her assignment. Growling with exasperation, she hurried up and didn’t realize that the same person had been watching her every move since the morning.

After having finished what she had to do at her home she went to her photograph cabinet to choose which camera she was going to take. It was an important assignment and she had to give the best of it so she needed to take her best camera even though it was quite heavy and cumbersome.

She had checked the time in which the sun would begin to set down, she had only twenty minutes. It was exactly the time she needed to go there. Taking only what was necessary she head out while running a little.

She arrived near the streets as the sun was already setting and smiled. This was going to make her win whatever contest the teacher was preparing.

She had chosen this spot because it was just perfect for her assignment. Here, in front of her eyes, there was a one way street with a dead end. The wall on the back was covered with graffitis. In fact this wall was an authorized place for graffiti artist to express themselves. Daeya smiled. The people painting on this wall weren’t trying to rebel in any way but were doing it with passion for street art.

With the sun setting lights some of them were really highlighted. Like the one in the corner which represented the vanity of life… But one particular painting caught her eyes. She didn’t really know why but she was somehow fascinated by the graffiti showing a creature half wolf, half human. Taking her camera out of her bag she began taking pictures. She had put her hoodie to be more at ease but, with the hood on she didn’t realize that a group of people was behind her back.

“Hello there…”

“Seems you’re lost missie…”

Daeya turned around, cursing at herself mentally. She knew this wasn’t a safe neighborhood but she had hopes that this kind of gangster would be out later on and not just as the sun was setting. It was such a shame that such beautiful street art was lost in this kind of environment She faked a smile before answering.

“No thank you I perfectly know where I am right now and I’ll be leaving right now.”

“If I were you I wouldn’t be that sure. You’re not going anywhere.”

“Listen, my boyfriend is going to be home soon and if I’m not here he’ll freak out and call the police and he knows every spot I go to…”

“Don’t fool us. You don’t have a boyfriend” the leader of the gang towered her smirking.

“I… I do!”

“First you’re going to give us the thing you have in your hand…”

“This “thing” as you call it is a camera and one of the best that exist if I may add!”

Daeya was stressed out for sure but she couldn’t help it. When it came to photography, people had to be extra careful while talking to anything related around her.

“So you’re going to give that camera to us at once. If you do so we probably won’t hurt you.”

“So basically you want me to give you what you called a “thing” two second ago. May I ask you what you’re going to do with it since ou probably don’t even know what it is used for? And if I give to you my most precious possession, you would “probably” won’t hurt me?”

“Exactly. Now give it. NOW.”

The girl knew she had been too far when she saw the blade of a knife shine in the decreasing light.

“We’re waiting. And we don’t like waiting.”

Daeya couldn’t give it to them. She already knew they would hurt her in some way. Plus, she couldn’t contemplate giving the camera she had worked a whole year for.

The guys facing her were coming near her and she tried escaping them in some way but she couldn’t. This dead end was no friend of her at the moment. The wall was tall and there was no possible escape.

“You know, pretty girl like you with expensive items have nothing to do here at this hour” the leader chuckled near her ear.

“It is going to be such a shame to hurt you afterward… But we do have to do so. That way you won’t talk.” Added a second guy, while smiling with lustful eyes.

Her heart broke into pieces as she handed them the camera, knowing somehow that it was too late.

“Here you go. Now let me go please.”

She hadn’t meant it but every one of her words sounded like squealing.

“I think you didn’t really understand what we were saying. We don’t care about your camera anymore. It’s you we are interested into” the leader finally laughed seizing tightly her wrist.

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry for posting this chapter this late. I had quite an awful day and I didn't want to write anything while being angry... So you have here a tiny cliffhanger.

Part 2 will be out tomorrow if everything is alright. I made it quite... "toned down" since I don't want to mark it as Mature (because of swear words and violence) because I don't know if all of you will be able to read it so... yeah...

 

Anyway. I'd like to give a special thanks to the 11 people who subscribed to this story and to Bl0ndeBird who did upvote it *Internet hug*

Thanks to the silent readers also. If you like it don't foget to subscribe/comment/upvote ;)