Suspicion

Wild 3.6.5

Suspicion

 

The morning had come and Daeya couldn’t wait to propose HongBin to come with her to meet ChanYeol and his friend. To be true, HongBin was an amazing friend, one of her few but true friends and she wanted him to tell her what he thought about ChanYeol.

To have him in a good mood, she decided to prepare his breakfast and headed toward the kitchen. Thankfully he wasn’t up yet and she had enough time. Some times later, the meal was ready and Daeya decided to clean the house waiting for HongBin to wake up.

When the young man woke up, he headed directly to the kitchen, not paying attention to his friend. Apparently, he was still angry for yesterday evening.

“HongBin wait…”

“What do you want Dae”

“I just want to understand why you’re behaving like that. Seriously I don’t get it.”

“Ok. You don’t get it…” HongBin faced his friend, a disapproving look on his face. “You didn’t tell me everything about this precise night but I know you’ve been assaulted…”

“… And what’s the link with your behavior?”

“The link is that I have been there for you when you needed someone to look after you. I was there to help you when you needed to be protected somehow. And this is how you repay me: you make me worried sick because you’re not able to call?”

“Oh…” Daeya was so taken aback by HongBin’s reason not to talk to her that she didn’t know what to say.

“That’s all you have to say? “oh?” Do you realize that it’s dangerous for you to come home alone late at night? Don’t you realize that it’s stressful for me? I have moved out from my apartment to be here for you don’t you know that?”

“Yes. I know. But wait… I wasn’t alone. This is precisely the reason why I wasn’t here early. And This is one of the reason I need to talk to you.”

“What do you mean you weren’t alone?”

“Did you not see him? He really escorted me to the door. Truth is… You remember the guy I met at the pharmacy two weeks ago?”

“The guy I need to thank because he helped the stopping of your weird dreams?”

“Yeah it’s him. Well… The thing is that I met him again yesterday and we kinda lost track of time speaking together so he escorted me home.”

“That’s all you have to say?” HongBin seemed to be shocked by the simple explication his friend gave him.

“Yes I guess that’s all. But he wants us to meet again today. And since he’s bringing a friend, I’d like you to join in too.”

“Give me one good reason to go with you?”

“To meet the guy? And… You should take advantage of this and thank him…” Daeya playfully joked

“Ok I agree but he better be a cool guy.”

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

When ChanYeol and his friend arrived, HongBin could tell they were cool guys. A simple look to their amazing car said it all.

“Hi. Here is Kai. I didn’t know who to bring with me since quite all the guys wanted to meet you but Kai was… the louder?”

Daeya chuckled at hearing ChanYeol as she looked over to Kai. The fact that he had talked about her to all his friends that he considered as brothers according to their talk the day before was really flattering.

“Hi Kai. This is HongBin. He is studying photograph art with me and he is one of my best friends ever.”

HongBin looked over at ChanYeol. “So you’re the guy…Well… A promise is a promise; I have to thank you man.”

“What for?” Asked ChanYeol quite taken aback by HongBin’s attitude that was quite the opposite of what Daeya had been describing: She had presented her friend as a very open minded and friendly guy and he only had a distant person in front of him.

“Daeya’s bad dreams had disappeared since you’ve met.”

Quite shocked that her friend had done it, Daeya playfully hit her friend’s arms while arguing that he was telling silly things.

“HongBin loves to tease me. You know it’s one of the things that I don’t really like in him” Nervousness could be felt in the young girl’s voice who was sending hateful glare toward her dear friend. “He is a joker…. He loves to tease me In every way possible and put me in delicate situations just like right now when I’m trying to show that I’m not a crazy girl and…”

But to be honest she could have said anything and everything that it would have been the same: ChanYeol and Kai didn’t pay attention at all. It was as if a silent eye joust was happening between the two young men.

Kai could read in his friend’s eyes that it was a good sign and that it showed that maybe Daeya wasn’t such a threat to the pack.

ChanYeol could see in Kai’s eyes that he didn’t like that at all and that it also could mean that the danger was just even closer than before. The idea was to always be on alert and Daeya had already somehow succeeded in clouding his friend’s judgment.

And HongBin could feel that something was happening to the friends in front of him and that Daeya was completely oblivious to that silent exchange of looks.

And HongBin as the friend he was immediately decided that he wouldn’t be friendly to the two guys because he wanted to please Daeya but rather to protect her one more time. Maybe these guys weren't that cool after all.

 

 

Here you go for a new chapter. I've been having the most horrible day because of allergies (yeuck I hate beong allergic...) and I don't have my meds :'(

 

Anyway thanks for your support and for the love you're giving this fic: Thank you lovely readers, amazing subscribers and wonderful commenters ♥