Being a leader is not always easy...

Wild 3.6.5

Being a leader is not always easy...

 

As SuHo tried to see how he could have been clearer to explain his feelings to his brother, the door of his room opened revealing his beautiful girlfriend. He smiled as he always did when he got to see her and his arms reached toward er, as if asking for a hug.

However a frown on her faceand a nervous smile on Ara’s lips prevented him from being totally happy. Something seemed to be wrong with her.

“What is it Jagiya?”

“Why… Why did you have to be so rough with him?”

“I… I have to. I’m his leader. I’m showing him the way…”

“There isn’t one way SuHo. Have you already forgot why you didn’t talk about me to your friends when we began dating? You wanted to protect me because you were fearing a bad reaction from them… And what are you giving ChanYeol and Daeya? This exact bad reaction…”

“I have to. I’m practically sure this is harmful and not only to him but also to her…”

“I’m disappointed in you SuHo…” These words resounded in the young’s man head as he tried not to have his heart crushed from them. “I was also a danger to your pack and yet you went to come and get me… Why that if you are so overprotective…?”

“It’s not the same… You and I don’t have the same relationship they have. ChanYeol already knew her before even meeting her, he had already seen her a hundred times by his dreams before running into her and I don’t think he is behaving the right way… By his childish actions he is putting the whole pack at risk and my job is to try to fix that…”

“There is nothing to fix. Only you, Kris and those under your influence see that as being bad but I totally support their relationship. Is loving a sin?”

“It’s not. I’m the first to love badly someone who is not a wolf but… The way…. Dating her is…”

“Wrong?”

“Yes! You get it?!”

“No, I don’t. He loves her. She loves him. The only one not seeing this is you. You talked about childish actions? Here’s one: not letting him date her. Let him make his own mistakes and learn from them if he is doing one which I highly doubt. Is loving being childish? Then I must be freaking childish because I love you like hell…”

“I did not say that loving was childish… But dating when he knows that…”

“Listen SuHo. The child here is you, no one else. They are both in a relationship that they take very seriously. They are doing their best to make it successful. Would you tell me what you fear?”

“She… I don’t recognize ChanYeol anymore… I don’t recognize my brother. She is suffocating his wolf part and we’re all losing our brother… And without a brother the pack isn’t full anymore, it’s not unified…”

“… He is changing. It’s normal. You did too. Was BaekHyun that way before? Didn’t you notice that Tao is more and more often with all of us and not scrolling the beach all alone anymore too? It’s just part of the… process?”

“Not when you’re a wolf…”

“So if I get you, when you’re a wolf you don’t have any right to change anything in your life from beginning to end? You don’t have the right to change? What’s so wrong about being more human?”

“The wolf part is part of him…”

“As the human too… Sometimes I wonder if you won’t prefer being a wolf all the time… Maybe I’m just a problem to you? Maybe I’m just suffocating your wolf part too? But you know what? I don’t blame her for suffocating ChanYeol’s wolf if she is really doing it. At least that way she won’t be waiting alone in the dark that her boyfriend comes back from the hunt he had decided to go to in the middle of the night in a wood full of dangerous creature. She won’t be praying each and every second that he would go back quickly and safe. She won’t spend numerous hours bandaging his arms because he was stuck in a trap that he hasn’t seen…”

At that point of the conversation SuHo was totally taken aback. He knew it was hard for his girlfriend to have a wolf as a boyfriend but still he would never have thought that it would put her in such turmoil.

Ara, on the other hand, could perfectly read her boyfriend and she already knew he didn’t know any of this as she was saying it. But she had held it in too long already. She was bursting out want she had held in for months. Tears began to form in the corner of her eyes as she held back a sob.

“… At least, that way, she won’t spend entire nights crying in her room, pressing her pillow and trying to imagine that it’s her boyfriend’s arm and wishing the heat she had on her back wasn’t coming from a blanket but from the chest of the man she loves.”

The young woman stopped to catch her breath before adding:

“At least she would have a boyfriend who will really care for her and her feelings.”

That being said, she turned her back on him and walked out of the door. SuHo didn’t know what to do. He had a mission as the leader and he knew he had to act that way to be at ease with his duty. However he couldn’t bear the sight of his girlfriend crying because of him and he knew she wouldn’t be the only one… As he tried to ease himself for behaving like he did, he could almost hear his heart slowly breaking.

 

 

I know this chapter is a bit short and I'm sorry for not doing an update sooner... Time is flying and I have a lot but like A LOT of work at both schools I'm in... Plus I'm having sleeping problems again and I'm always tired... :(

Anyway this chapter was again about SuHo... Next one will be featuring ChanYeol and Daeya again :)

I thank all of you to read my story. I'll try to update as soon as I can, hopefully once or twice a week as I had previously stated.

 

Thanks you my dear readers/subscribers and commenters ♥