Calling for help

Wild 3.6.5

3. Calling for help

ChanYeol couldn’t be but disappointed. He had looked everywhere in the myth section of the library, only to find only one or two books about werewolves.

What was even more disappointing was that he hadn’t found anything about his particular problem. Apparently there was no belief related to werewolf dreams. And yet he knew that these dreams weren’t regular ones. If they were he wouldn’t have reacted that way each and every time he raised his head to look at the girl.

Lost in his thoughts he hadn’t realized he had reached his house and had no time to compose himself when the door opened revealing Chen and Kris eyeing him suspiciously.

“What’s going on Yeol?”

“I’m… I’m ok.’

“You can’t lie to us, we’re your friends and even brothers in a way and you live 7/7 with us.”

“… We can see that something is bothering you. You don’t have to talk about it to the whole pack if you’re not comfortable with that but you’ll eventually have to talk to someone sooner or later.”

“I just… Can we talk anywhere else but here? I mean… There IS something bothering me but I’d rather talk about it to someone in a closed place. And only one person, I’m not sure I’ll be able to bear two people looking weirdly at me.”

ChanYeol knew his friends were trying to help him but to be frank he didn’t want to talk to the both of them at once. Eyeing Chen, the latter nodded and came back in the house, showing he had understood ChanYeol.

“Let go to our room so we can talk alone.” Kris suggested while entering the building.

As they sat on their beds, they began to talk. ChanYeol didn’t really know where to start. Should he talk about the dreams, should he begin with the girl?

“I need your help Kris.”

“What is it? Do you have problems with some kind of gang? Did someone found out you’re a werewolf somehow?”

“Not really. It’s about… I guess you could say it’s about a girl…”

“What do you mean? Are you in love with a girl? If so you shouldn’t talk to me, I guess Baek, SuHo or Tao could help you better than me.”

“It’s not about love. Ok let’s take it from the beginning. You know I have had the same dreams for months now.”

“Yeah, they began like two months ago but it’s frequent to dream about being a wolf when you’re a werewolf, I told you about that. The only weird thing is that you’re always dreaming exactly the same thing over and over.”

“About that dream… I never talked about what happened in this dream…”

“You told me you were running in the woods as a werewolf, that’s all. Is there more to it?”

“I… I’m not only running. I’m chasing someone. I’m hunting a prey”

“Well your wolf is taking the upper hand I guess. Wait… You said you were chasing someone?”

“Yes. I’m always chasing the same person. Since the very beginning of this dream, I always picture the same girl in my dreams and it always end in me biting her.”

Kris was frowning as he asked “What usually happens after that?”

“I wake up in here and wake you up because of my screams.”

“Ok… I want to tell you that she may be your soul mate king of the same thing that SuHo and Ara had but… He never dreamt of chasing her. You’re actually trying to hurt her in your dream.”

“I don’t really know. A part of me wants to protect her. Another side of me wants to… eat her like a prey.”

“So you want to protect but to hunt her at the same time. Boy this is confusing! Do you have anything else to add to this already… confused situation?”

“Well… I do… I would have come home sooner if something hadn’t happened today.”

“Ok…What happened exactly?”

“Well… As I was heading out the campus after having given out my essay, I bumped in a girl. But it was no ordinary girl. It was the girl from the dream. And I felt like we had somehow a kind of connection you know… She didn’t say anything special or anything but she had this look… She seemed to be looking for something in my eyes… There was some kind of an understanding… And my wolf part woke up, telling me to bite her but I succeeded to behave.”

“Wait. Are you sure it was the same girl?”

“I am positive: she was exactly like I remembered her to be in the dream. And I am telling you that when our eyes met I could feel something strange just like during the dreams…”

“… And you’re saying she recognized you?”

“Not really. She had a reaction while meeting my eyes but she didn’t really recognize me. I felt like we had a connection though. And I need to understand all of this but I tried looking for something in some books but I found nothing.”

“Maybe the answer is not in books.”

“That why I wanted to ask you about that.

“I can’t really help you about that Yeol and you know it…”

“Well… Do you think I should talk about it to everybody? Do you think the guys should know about that? It would only be fair to them.”

“I agree, It would be better. But I have something to tell you… I was worried for you and so… I called my parents… My mother and SuHo’s father are on their way to visit us right now. Maybe they’ll be able to help you understand.”

 

 

I'm going to go shopping (uuuurgh I hate shopping. At least I hate shopping for me!) And I'll try to update again when I'll be back