Without You

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

"Let go." Chorong swung Bomi's hand off her wrist, attempting to walk away immediately. However, she was held back again.

"Are you alright?"

"Thanks for helping me. But you should've just left me there." 

Why did you come to witness me being humiliated? Why do you always have to see the most pitiful and miserable side of me? Chorong hated it. She hated the fact that Bomi had seen her at her worst times, because it made her feel that Bomi would leave her after that. It triggers her insecurities, which traps her into the world of fear.

"Why are you being like that? Ever since that day, you've changed." Bomi's voice wavered towards the end of her sentence. Taking a few steps forward, she engulfed Chorong in a backhug. "Why would I leave you there? I would be an idiot if I did that."

Chorong took in a deep breath, careful not to give in. Removing the hands that were wrapped around her waist, she said, "I haven't changed, perhaps you just never knew the real me. And precisely because you saved me, that's why you're an idiot."

"Why?" Despite hearing that question, Chorong ignored it and left. 

I'm sorry, Bomi. For that moment, even Chorong herself could not tell whether she was going through more pain emotionally or physically.

It was sad, how Chorong's statement carried a huge element of truth. Although Bomi had helped Chorong with laundry as well as saved her from Hayoung, she never knew any truth behind them. She had no idea why Chorong got hit, who Chorong got hit by, why Chorong was so scared she hung up immediately. She did not know anything about Chorong's family, nor her bullying experiences in school. All she did was act my instinct, protecting Chorong over and over again without thinking deeper into what happened.


The sisters, together with Eunji, were walking to school as usual. Chorong, however, was walking in front, just like what she had been doing for the past three days. Being in a daze, she did not know that she was ahead of the other two. Meanwhile, Eunji and Naeun were walking side by side with their hands entwined, observing Chorong.

"Unnie, Chorong unnie has been so listless these days, I feel so worried for her." Naeun put on a slight frown.

"Actually that day was the first time I had seen her cry so badly. I wonder what exactly happened.."

"Eunji unnie, I think... Chorong unnie likes Yoon Bomi. Ever since she started having tuition form her, I find that unnie has become a happier person. She became brighter, and I see her smile a lot more. Judging from my understanding of unnie, I think the reason why it affected her so badly was because of Bomi. Or it could be our parents as well.. Unnie cries that hard, or even worse, on the exact day of our parents' death anniversary every year."

Naeun took a pause to calm her emotions. "Even I miss them so much, I can't imagine how unnie feels, having spent more time with them. I was too young then to remember anything that happened, but she wasn't. I know she can remember at least some things that happened that day, because sometimes she would wake up in the middle of the night shouting 'Mother!' and 'Father!' while crying. But everytime I try to ask her about it, she changes the topic as soon as possible, so I don't go on about it."

Listening carefully to Naeun's words, Eunji patted her on the shoulder. "Don't be too upset, hmm? Chorong unnie will be fine, and I'm sure she would tell you some day."

Naeun smiled, but sighed afterwards. "Unnie understands me so well and listens to me all the time, I just wish I could do the same as well. She's been through a lot, yet she tells me just a very small bit of it. Everytime she's feeling down or something's bothering her, she just masks it off in front of me. I feel like she doesn't trust me."

Eunji held Naeun's hand into hers again, and squeezed it a few times. "It's not that she doesn't trust you, she just doesn't want to make you worry about her. Unnie wants to take care of you, and make sure that you lead a happy life. In fact, to be honest Naeun, sometimes it seems like you're the only reason why she lives. Anyway unnie is strong, so I believe she will be fine."


Meanwhile, Bomi had been hiding in her room, refusing to eat. Even though food was brought straight to her room, she did not eat a single bit at all for the past three days. She thought about it, but still could not figure out the reason behind the change in Chorong. Every time she recalled how cold Chorong was to her, tears would threaten to fall. Being weak from starving, even crying required too much effort. She spent her days sitting down and staring into space, hoping that she would see the old Chorong again.

Never had Bomi felt like that before, she was truly at her lowest point of life so far. With her mother still in hospital, a father who barely cared, and now Chorong. She could seriously just crumble any moment. She had actually sent lots of texts to Chorong in the few days, but never received a reply. Having had no one by her side in that time of need, she became extremely unstable. If everyone's going to leave me, then I might as well just leave this world.

For Chorong who was in school, although her deskmate was not Bomi, the absence made her feel weird. On top of that, she was actually feeling quite worried as well. She was constantly in a conflict, mentally debating as to whether she should check up on Bomi or not. The answer was 'yes' whenever she thought about how Bomi had helped her and saved her, but it did not take much time for it to change to a 'no' when her concerns and insecurities hit her. She did not know what Bomi thought of after seeing her like that. In fact, she was rather convinced that it would be better not to know. After all, people do say, "Ignorance is bliss."


A/N: A shorter update today heh. School has started so I used my travelling time to update, and as the week comes to an end I am able to afford more time beyond the travelling time to update so >< Anyway, so in this chapter we have ChoMi undergoing depression mode and Eunji comforting Naeun.. And I guess it serves as a timely reminder that ChoMi doesn't actually understand and know each other quite well yet. A little less content, but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though! :)

@jetiunique haha pretty expected right >< i'm not good at writing unexpected stories TT

@akumatsubasa poor rong but bomi saved the day~

@Nachomisan it's pretty funny imagining the maknae being mean to rong leader xD

@sparklinghealthykid hehe chomi love x3

@Taengoo99 yeah :3 whoops subconscious habit(?) haha. she's the more pitiful one but she's always stronger mentally though xD well generally it would be Chorong, but it you were to look deeeeeeeeply you'll spot the rare(?) moments that Bomi needs Chorong instead haha ><

@troublemaker92 I guess apparently not, no one's okay ><

@ckaz99 yep ^^ determination haha.. Bomi, Rong's saviour :] hahaha guess no one would xD