Misunderstandings

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

"Here are the groupings for your new project." The teacher announced.

"When shall we do this?" Taemin, Naeun's partner, asked.

"Anytime." Naeun was not the least interested in doing the projects. All she was concerned about was how happy Eunji was with her project partner. I thought those eye smiles were only meant for me. I thought I was special. I guess not.

"Naeun? Naeun? Are you alright?" It did not take much effort from anyone to notice that the girl was shooting glares towards them, much less someone who was right next to her.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine. Let me know when you want to do the project again."

***

"Naeun ah, Yookyung will be walking home with us today, she's coming to my house for project." Naeun was not happy about this at all. The time that they spent together walking home was her favourite, since it was the only time they could actually be together without anyone else there. Eunji smiled especially a lot that day. Even though it was a good thing, it did not please Naeun a single bit. She's happier with that girl than with me.. 

From the moment they stepped out of the school, Yookyung and Eunji had been chatting happily, laughing among themselves. Feeling neglected and out of place, Naeun lied, "I'll walk ahead first, I need to rush home!"

Eunji obviously knew it was an excuse, but she had no idea why Naeun was behaving like that. Since she needed to do the project, she decided to just brush it off first.


"So you add this together with that and you get the answer for-"

"Excuse me?" Both Bomi and Chorong looked up. A girl, obviously younger than them, was standing in front of them.

"Bomi-sshi, hello. I am the one who placed the flowers and sweets near your locker." The girl smiled, revealing her dimples.

"Ah, so you're Kim Namjoo?"

"Yes. Bomi-sshi-"

"Just call me Bomi Unnie."

"Yes, Bomi Unnie, here's a card for you! I see that you're busy now, I'll get going first. See you again!" While leaving, the girl waved and smiled once again. To Chorong's surprise, Bomi was smiling as well. It was something that was not seen very often by her.

"Your admirer?" Chorong asked.

"I guess you could say that. One of my admirers."

Chorong felt a bit upset at that fact. Surely she felt something for Bomi, but given the number of admirers Bomi had, she would be far away at the end of the queue. Summoning all the courage she had, she dared herself to ask, "You like her?"

"Why do you ask so much? You're here to study, just in case you forgot." Why would she even ask this question? Namjoo's just an adorable junior. I mean, who can resist how cute she looks especially when those dimples are revealed.

"S-S-Sorry." Chorong looked down, resuming her work. That means a yes then. I guess it's understandable, she's pretty and cute.

"Oh by the way, pass me your phone Park Chorong." Bomi pretty much demanded for it.

"Why?"

"When I ask you to do something, never ask me why." Bomi snatched the phone from Chorong's hands. "Password?"

Now thinking about it, what reason did Bomi have to ask Chorong for her password? Chorong took the phone and typed four digits, before passing it back.

"2664, I see," Bomi peeked from the side and read it out.

"Don't you dare change your password after this." She started scrolling through, then she suddenly exclaimed. "Bomi-sshi? Yah Park Chorong what's with the 'sshi'? You could've saved my number as 'The Goddess' or 'My Angel' or what, why 'Bomi-sshi'? I don't care, you better think of another name to save it under now."

"Errr... B-B-Bomiii?" Her charisma was just too overwhelming.

"I said a name, not to stutter and drag my name."

"Bbom?"

"Okay, we'll set it as that. Anyway, I've just set an alarm. After getting home, you are to revise everything that I have taught you today and at nine oclock you must call me and I will give you a test. The alarm will remind you, so there's no excuse such as you forgot."

"But-" Chorong knew she had things to do when she went home. That day was the day of the week she had to do all the washing.

"If you don't, then you'll regret it." Bomi decided to threaten her. In her mind, she thought, I'm so smart, now I get to hear her voice at night.


"Unnie, do you have time now?"

"I'm afraid not, Naeun. I still got this load of things to wash, and I need to revise by nine oclock."

"Alright then.." Naeun's expression was full of sadness and disappointment. Seeing that, Chorong decided to spend some time with her. Putting all her duties aside, she approached her sister. "Why?"

"We were given a project today and allocated partners. Eunji looks really happy with her partner. She smiles even more than she does when she spends time with me.."

Chorong patted Naeun on the shoulder. "Silly, you're just being jealous."

"But she didn't even-"

*Doorbell rings*

"Wait." Chorong went to open the door. Standing outside was just the person they were talking about. 

"Hello!" She enthusiastically greeted. Naeun stared at her for a while, then looked away and went to her own room without reacting. This made Eunji frown, looking at Chorong for solutions.

The oldest girl shrugged and said, "You made her upset. Solve it on your own. By the time I am done washing the rest you had better make my sister smile again."


"Naeunnie~" The younger covered herself with her blanket, refusing to respond. "Why are you being like that?"

Naeun could no longer stand Eunji's ignorance, so she threw a pillow at her and revealed everything. "How could you enjoy spending time with her so much? How could you talk to her so much you forget about my existence?"

"I didn't forget about you, you said you had something to rush to."

"And you believed? You know very well I don't. So now are you trying to tell me it's my fault?"

"No, I didn't mean that." Eunji tried to get closer to the younger, but this time the bolster was sent flying, followed by the soft toys that were on the bed. After patiently picking up each and everyone and placing them neatly, she finally managed to get closer to Naeun. She patted her on the head and looked at her with puppy eyes. "I'm sorry, so forgive me, alright? Let's go, I'll get you ice cream."

Naeun sighed. The older just knew her weak points all the time. "At this time?"

"Yeah, your aunt will allow, since it's me."


"Erm.. Hello?"

"Park Chorong, why did you call fifteen minutes late?" Bomi had been waiting for the call impatiently. She loved hearing the soft voice of Chorong.

"I.. had stuff to do.."

"Okay, let's start the test now.. Explain this to me."

.

.

.

Their conversation did not last long. It was the voice that Chorong feared. "Yah Park Chorong, what is this mess? Get your down here now, you are so going to learn your lesson!"

Without even a warning, Chorong hung up on Bomi and ran out of her room. "Yes Aunt?"

A slap was delivered, causing Chorong to fall on the floor. "Look at that. You leave this mess here and you go take a rest?"

Before Chorong could even react, her aunt had already reappeared with the cane. It had been some time since the last time this happened. 

"Get up. Face there." Without hesitation, Chorong obeyed, and it started again. Regardless of how she cried and begged, it never stopped. This time, it was on the legs and hands. It hurt most on the palms.

"I'm going to bed now. Go tidy the mess there. If it's not clean and tidy tomorrow, you'll get it from me, understand?" Chorong quickly nodded, rubbing her palms trying to numb the pain. Tears were still falling as the pain was unbearable. She looked at the pile and thought, How did I miss that out? Before she even started, she knew her hands were going to hurt a lot after coming into contact with water and soap. While getting herself mentally ready for it, the doorbell rang.

Thinking that it was just her sister and Eunji, she opened the door without checking the peephole. There, in front of her, stood Yoon Bomi. Upon seeing each other, both their jaws dropped. For the older, it was the sudden appearance. For the younger, it was the state the other was in. Tear-streaked face, with fresh cane marks over her arms and legs.


A/N: So.. How do you think Bomi's gonna react to the sight she's seeing, and how Chorong's gonna react to being seen like that?

And Naeun getting jealous so easily.. it's cute how Eunji acts just to cheer the young one up hehe. ><

Did y'all see my new ChoMi oneshot posted yesterday? ^^ Just publicising it here haha. And I need to say the photos from Sudden Attack Mini Concert just made me ship NaCho even more as well ugh those two are so adorable together ;_;

@athousandreveries yeah, probably.. >< people in school would just think they're so cool lol. never thought they'd have problems too. (Bomi's case as well)

@sparklinghealthykid Bomi's showing more interest in Chorong now :)

@jetiunique hahah silently or not so silently now xD 

@fluffsaur now it's probably Chorong's turn haha!

@Nachomisan yeah, afterall who wouldn't! ><

@ckaz99 hahaha ChoMi always needs each other~ well it depends... on the school right xD no sunglasses here too, but in their school yes HAHA.

@caramalisedraisins you can change it haha. Caramel's too sweet for my liking >< np haha (off to read your update after I type this LOL)