School

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

School. It was the only escape for the two girls, regardless of what happens in it. Both of them weren't exactly considered "low profile". Something that had always amazed their schoolmates was how the two never failed to show a drastic difference, although they were sisters.

Naeun, being intelligent and pretty, had lots of people flocking to her. Many at times she would receive love letters in her locker or her belongings, but she never once responded to them. Other than the small group of students who hated her, the rest pretty much loved her and well, loved to up to her as well. Even if it was the wish of a lot of girls to be popular, Naeun disliked every bit of it. Even though she did talk to people, she usually gave relatively cold replies. Also, she was never seen smiling except when she was with Eunji, or her sister. Her classmates always envied the interactions between Naeun and Eunji everyday, and wished that they were her neighbour as well. What they did not know was that it took Naeun a lot of time and effort to open up to Eunji as well, especially after the latter found out about her and her family issues.

Chorong, on the other hand, was the one often looked past. Her existence was often not registered, except that everyone knew there was this senior who had to repeat a year. She actually prefered it this way though, because when she was acknowledged it would always be about how she was stupid, how she was in no way like Naeun, or it was when she was getting bullied. It made her happy that her sister was extremely well-liked, but who would not get hurt when negative comments are cast and shuffed in one's face? Well anyway, she had no friends other than Eunji and Naeun. However, with the different schedules in timetable, the chances of meeting were not many.

And one and only thing about Chorong that interested others was that she would always wear long sleeves and long pants, no matter how the weather was like. It was a weird thing to do so it garnered much attention whenever it was brought up. However, no one ever knew the truth. Other than the two friends of hers, that is.


One day, Chorong was just walking along the corridor after school when she felt a force push her. Unaware that the force was upcoming, she fell onto the ground due to the impact, and her books scattered all over. She winced slightly at the pain that was caused by the wounds she originally had. She looked up and saw three girls standing there, with one of them glaring at her. Immediately, she recognised them. Hayoung and her gang. The ones who bullied her the most, even though they were younger.

"You. I told you to stay out of my way. You're blocking me," Hayoung said. Ouch. Even her name was not considered.

Chorong stood up, ignoring the waves of pain that were sent through her. Shifting to the side of the corridor, she bowed towards Hayoung and apologised. "I'm sorry for being in your way."

Not casting another look at Chorong at all, Hayoung walked away with her two girls following behind. While she walked past Chorong, she purposely swung her hand, which landed on Chorong's stomach, causing her to fall as she beared with the pain. The girls behind her also kicked Chorong's books, causing several books to be folded or torn. The bullied, however, showed no reaction at all. Quickly, she picked herself up and went to clean herself up, wanting to minimise the time that she was late for her 'tuition'.


"Naeun, let's be friends!"

"Naeun, this is my number. Contact me!"

"Take this letter Naeun."

Just as usual, a crowd of students would swarm around her. The girl disliked this attention greatly. More like, she was scared of it, so she simply ran away. It was really lucky for her that she could run fast. Fast enough for most people to catch up, at least. She ran to this small part of the school, where no one usually went there. Catching her breath, she sat down and started scrolling around her phone. Then, someone approached her.

"As expected, you're here." Naeun did not even have to look, she smiled hearing the voice.

"You know me so well, Eunji."

"Are you alright?" The girl walked towards the sitting one, looking into her eyes. "I saw you running away. Like you always do."

"Yeah, I guess so. I don't get it, can't they just leave me alone?"

"You're too beautiful," Eunji complimented, causing Naeun to blush slightly. "You're smart as well. You're perfect, my dear." Naeun's face flushed and she turned away, trying to hide it.

"So.. It happened again yesterday right?" It was a vague question, but both of them knew what Eunji meant.

"Yeah."

"Are you alright?"

"You know I've always never suffered much. After a few times Chorong would play heroine." Naeun frowned at the thought. It had been years already, yet it always bothered her.

"Is she okay?"

"Always says she is. I'm sure it hurts like hell."

"I'll go to your house with the right oilment later." It was not that their house did not have medical oil, but Eunji's father was a doctor, so he always recommended certain types that would help a lot.

"Thank you."


"I'm sorry I'm late," Chorong apologised sincerely. The response, however, was uncalled for.

"One more time you make me wait and that's it," her tutor replied, glaring at her slightly. Chorong bowed profusely, feeling sorry that she had made her tutor wait. Well, this tutor of hers had always disliked her. She was pretty similar to Naeun, beautiful and smart. And popular. Like Naeun, she was so clever she had a year's advancement. It was probably for that reason that she was appointed to help Chorong with her studies. For her, she found it a chore having to spend so much time helping Chorong, especially when she could have been out playing with her friends. It did not help that she was helping someone she did not like. Despite being unwilling to do so, she still made it a point to tutor since it was her duty.

Anyway, their serious one hour of tutoring started and went on as usual after that. It usually contained recap of what went on in class that day, enforcing the concepts into Chorong's head. At the exact mark of one hour, the tutor started packing her stuff to leave. She was more than eager to go off all the time. Once again, Chorong bowed to her. "Thank you, Bomi."


Naeun scanned the whole of Chorong's body from up till down, observing the wounds.

"Got bullied again today?"

"..."

"Unnie..."

"I'm okay. How do you know anyway."

"Your wounds from yesterday have gotten worse. It doesn't usually do so, y'know."

"Oh, yeah. But I'm really fine, so don't worry, hmm?"

"Unnie.." Naeun hugged the older. "Thanks for always protecting me. I love you."

Chorong nodded slightly and smiled. "Me too."


A/N: A chapter full of Thank You-s lol xD NaRong's a thankful pair of sisters >< This is how Bomi comes, anyway~ and you guys are all right that it's Eunji, pretty obvious right? xD 

I'm sorry for putting Hayoung as the bully LOL. Just gonna fill random roles (if there are) with the rest of APink. Wouldn't wanna get other groups in just in case lol.

Do you all like this chapter? :) Thanks for supporting this fic, especially those who supported 'Change' too! ^^

@Taengoo99 yeah on purpose HAHA. chomi ain't starting well though.

@sparklinghealthykid glad you like it! :) purposely mentioned two years younger instead of one year older than Naeun haha. 

@akumatsubasa yeah hope they'll escape from it soon too. of course haha :) lovely and friendly girl :)

@ckaz99 here's how she appears~ NaRong's support for each other <3 sisterly love ftw!^^

@blxckdrxgxn yepyep that's right ^^ 2eun <3

@jetiunique yeah, you got it! :) their lives are sad, but Chorong really being a mature and loving sister here ><