Class Tee

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

"Aunt, my class is getting a class tee so we can use it for our future class activities, so may I have fifteen dollars to get it?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No. Don't ask anymore unless you want to get hit. Use your own pocket money if you want it so badly." Not wanting unnecessary trouble, Naeun retreated back to her room. How was she supposed to use her own pocket money when they were only given twenty dollars every week, including weekends? It was barely enough already.

"Why?" Chorong, who was sitting on her bed reading a book, asked upon seeing the sad expression on Naeun's face.

"Oh it's- it's nothing," Naeun lied. If she said that she wanted something, her sister was one would definitely get it for her, at the expense of her own pocket money. She did not want that to happen.

"Naeun ah, you always told me everything, why are you hiding something from me now?"

"Un-Unnie, I'm n-not hiding anything." Naeun's face turned slightly red from embarrassment, since it was so obvious she was lying. "Oh unnie! I'm going to sleep now, I'm so tired today."

"Mmmm." Chorong decided to just go along with Naeun's excuse. Actually, when Naeun was asking, Chorong happened to be walking back from the toilet, so she overheard the conversation.


It was recess time. As usual, Chorong was just walking around alone. She walked past a couple of food stalls and the food displayed right at the stalls would get her drooling. She was one step to heading over to get something to it, but ended up just swallowing her own saliva as she thought what happened the past few nights.

-Flashback-

"Naeun ah, I'll sleep first. Sleep soon alright?"

"Mmm."

Everything seemed normal, but it was not. Once Chorong laid down for a while, she would hear faint sobbing sounds coming from Naeun's bed. Naeun would mumble to herself about how much she wanted the class tee, yet what she had saved was just a couple of dollars, less than half of what's required. She would also talk about how she would not be able to save enough before the deadline. Also, a few times when this happened, it would worry Chorong so much that she would turn and peek to check if her sister was okay. 

-End of Flashback-

That sight of her beloved younger sister breaking down pained her so much, which was what helped her to resist temptation of food just to save money for her.


"Naeun ah, you're one of the few who hasn't paid for the class tee, remember that the due date is coming soon."

"Okay." Naeun was wearing a pockerface mask, but Eunji just read her so well.

"Having difficulties?"

Naeun looked at Eunji for a moment, wondering how she found out. Then she sighed in defeat, that girl just understood her well. "Yeah."

"Hey, want me to help you pay first?" Eunji offered.

After hesitating for a while, Naeun replied, "Nah, thanks but no thanks. You've been helping me for so many times already, I wouldn't want to owe you more." She was actually tempted by that suggestion, but it was no good to always bother Eunji.

"Alright, then if you need my help just tell me okay?"


It was the tuition session again. Even though Bomi had always been very cold towards her, this was what Chorong looked forward to the most every day. She could not help but feel a bit upset everytime this lesson was cancelled. For some reason, Bomi was the only one in school who she wished would stop disliking her. However, everytime she met Bomi, it felt like it was a timely reminder that Bomi actually hates her.

"Can I ask you a question?" This shocked Chorong as Bomi usually did not say anything that was not study related.

"Ye- Yeah?"

"Why are almost all your books so crumpled and torn? It's so hard to teach you with such damaged texts. Do you really dislike studying that much?" Bomi's tone was rather harsh, and it sort of sounded like she was reprimanding her.

Chorong kept silent, as she started getting teary. Her texts were damaged whenever she was bullied. Even if she wanted to, she could not afford to buy new ones. Contrary to what other people think, she loved studying. She enjoyed the process of it so much, but what could she do if she just fails or scrapes past almost every other test and exam? With this all in mind, how was she supposed to reply to Bomi's question? Saying the truth would not get Bomi to believe her either. Suddenly, her stomach growled out of nowhere, which distracted both of them from the current topic they were having at the moment.

"Yah, your stomach has been making weird noises all the time throughout this week. It's distracting you know? If you get hungry so easily then go get food!" After saying that, Bomi angrily walked away towards the toilet. Chorong actually took her words seriously. Taking out her wallet, she counted how much she had, then said to herself, "One more day. Just tomorrow. Then Naeun can get her tee."

On the other hand, Bomi went into the toilet only to wash her hands. She was about to walk out when she saw that Chorong was looking at something, so she hid and looked from aside. When she saw that Chorong had close to fifteen dollars, she almost shouted, "If you have money then go buy food!" However, she heard the next thing Chorong said. Even though she had always hated Chorong ( A/N: And she still does, in case y'all are thinking that Bomi is opening up :P ), she felt sympathy for her. She did not know why she had to save up just for her sister, but she knew that Chorong obviously had been starving herself just to accummulate the amount.

Thus, Bomi made a trip.


When Bomi came back, Chorong was studying on her own. Seeing that, Bomi thought, She's willing to study even when I'm not around...

Using the usual tone that showed absolute disinterest in what she was doing, Bomi taught Chorong for another ten minutes or so, before promptly packing her bag to leave. Normally, she would just head straight out, not bothering to say a single word more. That day, before heading out, she turned to Chorong. She placed a burger onto Chorong's table and coldly said, "Eat. I don't want you to faint when I'm tutoring you. If not, people will think I'm ill-treating you, and that I don't even let you eat."

Chorong looked up wanting to thank her, but by then her tutor was already walking away. Picking up the burger, she smiled slightly to herself. "Thanks, Bomi ah."


A/N: An update ^^ Sorry if there's any grammar errors or if some things are weirdly phrased, it's 2am here and I just came back from a camp today so I'm tired heh >< Hope you guys like how the story is going. Well, since Bomi gave a burger to Chorong, ChoMi shippers will be satisfied, right? I hope haha Still admiring the stuff Chorong does for her sister though.

Btw, anyone saw the pictures / fancams from the Yonsei University Festival? All of them were looking so good. Our Rongmama looks beautiful with her hair tied up in a ponytail (she always looks beautiful tho) and Bomi looked totally adorable with that hairstyle!

@sparklinghealthykid actually since you've read Change, I guess you know that two people getting closer might not be that good? Since it means there are problems upcoming for sure, haha

@akumatsubasa I hope so too, I'm sure everyone does xD I find it quite amusing how the maknae is bullying the leader though, irl she would probably get a few hapkido moves on her. Eunji still being nice in this chapter haha

@jetiunique well it had to be one of them, so I chose Hayoung >< Starts here, but starting is never enough~

@Taengoo99 yep, that's why I made it that way. Most ChoMi fics have Chorong as the cold one and Bomi as the enthu / crazy for rong one >< which would be what I imagine it to be as well, but this way seems interesting too.

@ckaz99 a change from the usual hyper Bomi :) Eunji being open with her compliments haha.

@Nachomisan Bomi has to be nicer :(