Struggle

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

Throwing her bag onto the floor, Bomi laid down on her bed, exhausted from yet another day of lessons and a lonely walk back. Ever since that day, Bomi never actually had an actual interaction with Chorong (she did not dare to), and there would be a small "river" between their tables in class. Nothing seemed to go right anymore. She sighed, hoping that things would get better soon.

Flashback

"You're in no way less than me. I'm sorry, I'll become a better girlfriend for you. Just please, please don't leave me, or even say that you want to."

"Bbom ah, don't you think we took things too fast? I know I was the one who confessed first, but perhaps neither of us was prepared for this? I'm just thinking, y'know, let's take a break, some time for us, for me to sort out my thoughts. I wouldn't want you to have a partner who has doubts to the relationship as well."

"Unn-"

"I'm tired, I'll head home first, Bbom ah."

Bomi watched as her girlfriend stepped out of her room. She did not know what to do. She could not believe herself, she had hurt her girlfriend as well as ruined their relationship.

End of Flashback

On the other hand, Chorong was playing around with her food. Her appetite went down by a great deal, she barely ate for any meal. Naeun looked at her sister, worried that her sister would not be able to take it soon.

"Naeun ah, I'm full. I'll go to our room first." Naeun tugged Chorong's wrist, making her halt in her steps.

"Unnie, eat more, please? You barely touched your food.."

"I'm not hungry, Naeun ah."

Chorong loosened Naeun's grip and walked away, which caused Naeun to lose control of her thoughts. "If you're so worried about her, why not just go back to her? You know very well that you both aren't living fine like that."

Chorong turned, and what Naeun saw in that moment just broke her heart. With tears b up Chorong's eyes, Naeun could see that her sister was so hurt, so upset. Just one look showed how much her sister was struggling.

"You don't understand, Naeun ah," Chorong said softly before heading to her room swiftly. She was really at a lost. It all led to this because she felt so unsure of whether she was really worth Bomi's love, whether she was someone Bomi felt happy with, whether she was someone Bomi felt confident of being with. However, now that it was like that, she felt like a part of her life was missing, like she had lost her direction in life. She was so desperate to go back to find the important piece that would complete the puzzle of her life, but she was so afraid of the problems and insecurities that came with it.

Chorong sat on her bed, cuddling with her bolster while staring out of the window. Many thoughts ran through her head as the tears of conflict rolled down her cheeks. 

Meanwhile, Naeun who was left outside was contemplating if she should go after her sister. She wanted to be there for Chorong who was obviously having a hard time, yet on a second thought Chorong might want some time alone as well. She took out her phone, sending a message to her girlfriend, the cheerful neighbour next door.

Yes, the two have finally gotten together.

Flashback

Naeun stood in front of the Jung's, nervously knocking the door. She played with her fingers as she waited for someone to open the door.

She looked up as she heard the door being unlocked, and welcoming her was the nice and friendly Mrs Jung. Giving a bow, Naeun greeted, "Ah good afternoon Auntie."

"Good afternoon sweetie, here to visit our baby Eunji?"

Naeun simply gave a smile as she heard another voice from the house. "Ah mum, I've already grown up, I'm not a baby already!"

"Yes dear, yes dear, I'll excuse myself now so you two can spend some quality time together." With that, she walked away, and the atmosphere instantly turned awkward.

"Erm, let's head to my room?" Eunji suggested, giving an awkward laughter afterwards.

///

The two sat next to each other on the edge of Eunji's bed, none of them speaking for quite a while. Then Naeun decided to initiate the conversation.

"I never thought you'd want to see me." Naeun was pretty surprised when Eunji popped up just now, she had expected the latter to make up some excuse so as not having to see her.

"Well, you came all the way here, I don't really think I could say 'no', right?"

"Yeah, that's true." The conversation carried a really weird atmosphere, which made Naeun decide to just go straight to the point. "So... show me."

"H-H-Huh?" Eunji looked up, confused at Naeun's words.

The younger girl took a deep breath before staring into the other's eyes, aying, "I said show me. Didn't you say you wanted to show me what a real kiss is?"

Eunji's face turned red immediately when she understood what Naeun was referring to - her embarrassing confession. At the same time, she was really happy hearing the reply. "Really? Naeun ah?"

Naeun smiled, nodding her head shyly, despite sounding so confident just a moment ago.

And the very next moment, Eunji had already leaned in and their lips were touching, sharing a gentle and genuine kiss as their heartbeats started beating faster.

End of Flashback

Naeun held on tight to her phone, staring and hoping that she would receive a reply soon. She had told the other girl about what just happened, and that she really did not know what the best option would be. Lucky for her, Eunji was near her phone so she received a reply rather quickly. "Go to her, Naeun ah, she needs you to be there."

Upon receiving that reply, Naeun rushed into the room, only to see her sister by the window crying. She hated to see her sister struggling like that, she hated that her sister was having such a hard time she did not want to hide her weak side anymore.

"Unnie, I'm sorry.." She made her way next to her sister, and her arms found their way around Chorong's waist. The older girl looked up, before snuggling into her younger sister's embrace. "I'm really, really tired, Naeun ah.."

 


A/N: A short update this time, there's a lot of things to rush and it's quite late already >< but nonetheless, an update because I think you guys deserve it! (like, I should stop making y'all wait so long LOL). and also, #Luv2ndWin! <3

Tbh, Chomi was originally planned to go well after Chorong finally told Bomi in the last chapter, but as I thought over it I decided to head this way.. y'know, the stage where you don't actually know how the relationship is like. On the bright side, 2eun's together! Yay!

Do comment ^^ and thanks for reading! :D

@cookienomster yeah she does, but things took a worse turn.. hehe, a contrast when it comes to things like these~ :)

@YoMamaIsMine thank you! (:

@Pandadada38 yes HAHA that instant change in expression was hilarious xD yeah, another update of being sad for chomi but happy for 2eun I guess ><

@usedtobesilentreader hehe, yeah she is~ they will some day (I hope)!

@akumatsubasa Shyshy Eunji kekeke. Oops, did I break it more? xD I hope the chapters make you feel that it's worth the wait ^^

@Nachomisan issues with confessions 101 HAHA. ohno you gotta continue sobbing... >< yes it is! the album is awesome~

@happybee93 yeah :/ yeah she is >< it's quite a change if you try to imagine her being so shy actually. 

 

Thanks again! <3