Yoon Bomi

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

A few months ago..

"Mum, look at this! I passed it, I get to skip one year of syllabus." Bomi shared the news with her mother.

"Oh that's my honey. So smart." Mrs Yoon patted her daughter on the head, who beamed at the compliment. "I'll cook your favourite meal today for dinner."

"Yay!" Bomi ran to her room afterwards. She was happy that she had passed it (who wouldn't be), but she was worried about how she would be put in a level in which everyone was older than her.

During dinner time, Bomi decided to tell her dad about the good news as well. "Dad, I passed the test, I'm skipping a year of syllabus!"

"Mmm." Mr Yoon spared not even one look to Bomi. It had always been like that. He never cared too much about Bomi, even though she was an intelligent child worthy to be proud of.

And Bomi disliked the fact. She was getting a lot of attention in school, yet at home her own father barely interacts with her.


Ever since school started, many people tried to interact with Bomi, to make friends with her. She avoided as many as she could, thinking that all of them just wanted to be friends with her for certain benefits. This thought was not totally baseless since it was true for most, but Bomi thought that Chorong was like that as well.

"Yah Bomi, ever since this year started you've been becoming so busy you don't even have time for us anymore," Mark, a friend of Bomi's clique, said.

"Yeah, you said you preferred to hang out with guys because girls are too complicated, and now you're spending so much time with that girl named Chorong." D.O continued.

"You complained about her last time, and just that day I saw her walking behind you and you two were heading somewhere," Jiyeon mentioned.

"Looks like someone is starting to like Park Chorong," Minah teased.

"Yeah so Bomi, care to share with us?" Peniel joined in, hooking her hands around Bomi's shoulder.

"I was appointed to teach her so it's my responsibility," Bomi said and shrugged, trying to get away with it. Actually, she started off disliking Chorong a lot. She thought that Chorong was even worse than the other people who tried to be friends with her just for their benefits. However, as time went by, she realised that Chorong actually has a very pure and innocent heart, unlike the others. After seeing her smile, Bomi, as much as she wanted to ignore it, had been pretty attracted to her. 

Bomi decided to change the topic before her secret got exposed. "It's so long since we met, we've got a lot to catch up on! Let's have fun guys."


One day before Bomi brought Chorong to the hospital..

"Mum, I'm here to see you." It was pretty much a daily routine, ever since Mrs Yoon got hospitalised.

Everything went well. Bomi talked to her mother, happily told her about her day, took care of her mother very well. Then Mrs Yoon took a nap, and that's when things start to happen. Her heartbeat was getting slower and slower, beyond the usual state of humans. Bomi panicked and ran to find a doctor, who then checked on Mrs Yoon.

"She's out of danger now. However, I'm sorry but she only has two months left at most." Hearing that news, Bomi's jaw dropped. How was she supposed to react, after knowing that her loved one was going to be taken away from her quite soon? The worst part was, it could be anytime.

Bomi, after hearing that, felt like the sky was falling upon her. She wanted to break down badly, but wanted to act strong in front of her mother. That was the very least she could do. Until she left the place, she smiled as much as possible. None of them were genuine, however. 

The moment she stepped out of the ward was her very breaking point. Without any restraints at all, she let it all out. Her father, who never cared about her, was notified about the news and decided to spend his nights over at the hospital from then on. Thus, Bomi was left at home, bawling her eyes out over what she had kept to herself the entire day, till she fell asleep.

Strangely enough, she hoped that Chorong would be there to comfort her. She was close to her friends, but she never really talked to them about such secrets. She just could not bring herself to trust them entirely about such things. For some reason, she had that trust in Chorong, although they never talked much about anything other than food. Even though she had always been very cold to Chorong, just for that moment she wanted someone to be there for her - she wanted Chorong to be there.


The subsequent day as she woke up, no doubt were her eyes swollen. Very. 

"Ugh I should've controlled," she commented to herself, obviously knowing that it was not very possible to do so. Grabbing a random pair of sunglasses, she headed to school and spent a day like that. Everyone thought she looked cooler in sunglasses, no one really suspected her sudden wearing of sunglasses.

After a long day in school, Bomi was really not prepared to have another hour of tuition with Chorong. She had the urge to just tell Chorong everything, and she needed a hug very badly. She needed someone to be there for her, to tell her that everything would be okay. Taking off her sunglasses, she went into the room they had their tuition at.

Bomi's POV

"Park Chorong, can we not have tuition today? C-Could you go somewhere w-with m-me?" , Bomi. Why are you stuttering. I mentally face-palmed myself. 

She looks afraid. Forget it. "No? It's okay, we'll start lesson then.."

"Let's go, Bomi."

She walked behind me all the way. I wanted her to be right beside me, but there were just too many people looking. When we were finally out of school, I decided to pull her next to me. I approached her and pulled her. The thoughts of my mother ran through my mind. Holding her hand firmly, I closed my eyes, whispering, "Stay close to me, please.." Tears ran down already, but I could not care less about it for that moment. I brought her to the hospital, right into the ward my mother was in.

There, appearing in front of us, was my mother, looking ever so sickly. From the side of my eye, I saw that Chorong seemed rather confused, and curious for that matter. "She's my mother."

She turned to me, and I went on. "She's been sick for quite some time. Her condition was getting better after all the medication and all, but yesterday.."

Becoming more emotional as I talked, I turned to her, hoping to get some form of comfort. "Yesterday, the doctor told me she had at most two months left. I feel so lost, I don't know what to do. It's too soon for her to leave me, leave my family.. She has to see me get married, wearing a gown, looking the most beautiful I would ever be in my lifetime."

She said nothing and simply hugged me. It felt good to be in her embrace. I let my tears fall freely as I found the warmth I was looking for.

***

After the whole trip, I decided to send her home, since it would be quite inconvenient for her to go home alone. I sat at the back, still clinging onto her hands. However, I felt embarrassed for showing her my weak side. It was something that no one ever saw - I rarely cried in front of anyone. 

"Don't tell anyone about what happened today. Best if you forget about it. None of my friends know about this, I don't even know why I let you know either." I really did not know. What was it in me that decided to tell her? Why did I yearn for her to be here, when I'm at the lowest point in life?

"I never intended to, even if you didn't say that." She smiled slightly.

"Good."

"May I say something?" "No matter how cold you are to me, I just want to say that I'm really thankful towards you. For teaching me all the time. For.. the food. And I'm sorry that my grades don't seem to show much result."

I wanted to reply that it was okay, that I enjoyed teaching her even if her improvement was minimal. But I was not going to break that cold image of me.

"And about your question previously, why my books are always crumpled and torn, and whether I really dislike studying that much.. Maybe I'll tell you another time." She smiled, making my heart flutter once again.

Damn, this girl.. How can she be so beautiful and adorable at the same time? 

No One's POV

Deep inside, Bomi was burning with curiosity over Chorong's mention of what she had asked. Somehow she had this feeling that the reason would not be something that positive. As much as it was Bomi who was cold to Chorong, she always thought that Chorong had this slightly mysterious aura around her. It made Bomi wish that she knew the older better.


A/N: Just a chapter on Bomi's life(?) so that you guys know more of Bomi's side ^^ I guess everyone's facing problems, lol >< and I see new people in the comments section ^^ Thanks so much! Hope y'all will continue (:

@caramalisedraisins this is random but how do caramalised raisins taste lol >< yeah, Chorong's always sweet. hope you like this fanfic so far :)

@akumatsubasa slightly, I guess~ I like to portray 2eun's cute side (hopefully I'm successful in doing that heh) >< cos they're really cute together!!

@Nachomisan who knows what made Bomi do that heh. 2eun's deadly adorable haha

@secretagentspy thanks ^^ glad you enjoyed the chapter :)

@jetiunique yeah, because Eunji's plan was unintentionally heartbreaking 3 they're really cute tgr afterwards, right? ^^ perhaps you understand Bomi more now after this chapter! :) and well.. trust issues maybe? I mean, it'll be weird if she trusted someone who's so cold to her (even though she does has positive feelings towards her..)

@ckaz99 apparently not this time, Eunji and Bomi aren't friends. and yeah, surprisingly(?) I'm not gonna make that aunt 100% mean >< /cares about NaCho's wellbeing lulz/