There For You

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

Sitting in her own seat, Naeun was deep in thought. She might have spent happy days with Eunji, but it was not an easy thing to forget the wound in her heart. Why did I believe Taemin? Why was I so stubborn? Why was I so mean to Eunji unnie? Even Chorong unnie scolded me, I must have really changed into a monster.

"Hey." Someone touched her shoulder. The voice and contact jolted Naeun out of her thoughts. She turned and to her dismay saw the last person she wanted to see. "Why're you alone? Even Eunji doesn't want you anymore? So much for ruining my fabulous plan." He smirked.

If Naeun was still the cold city girl she used to be, no doubt would she have sent a punch straight at his face. But she was not. Being hurt by Taemin, she was a changed person. Not to mention that she was already feeling so bad about herself, and Taemin just had to rub it in by suggesting that Eunji might have left her as well. People leaving was one of her insecurities, and much as she did not want it, her lips wavered. She stared straight at him, tears forming in her eyes, as his smirk turned into one that carried a sense of victory. His plan might have failed, but he knew that he still managed to hurt Naeun. And that made him happy.

"Watch where you put your filthy hands, dude." A voice came from the back, as his hands were thrown off her shoulder. It was a familiar voice that Naeun recognised so well. "What are you doing here in the first place? Go away!"

And so he did. It was not that he was scared of her or anything, but if she was present then there would be no fun with Naeun. His smirk was never removed, as he shrugged and walked away. Before he actually did go off, he turned back and said, "Hey dear, I'll look for you some other time alright?"

"You'd better not," Eunji warned, but all of them knew that he did not and would not care. The moment he left the room, Eunji ran to Naeun, who immediately hugged Eunji's waist and started crying. Eunji understood how Naeun was feeling, so she just stood there letting her cry while she patted the younger's head. Neither of them cared that everyone in the class was looking at them.


Chorong fiddled with her stationery, impatiently waiting for the bell to ring. She did not manage to talk to Bomi for long last night, despite knowing clearly that Bomi would have a hard time falling asleep. What Bomi was feeling, Chorong had been there and done that. Precisely so, that's why the older's especially worried for her. It did not help that she had woken up late, which led to her only arriving in school at the very last moment, not being able to have a morning talk with Bomi. For the past two hours of lessons, she had not been able to concentrate, for she spent her time looking at Bomi. She was very concerned about the younger; she knew Bomi was not okay and she was dying to be there for her.

The long awaited bell rang and the usual bell sounded like a very beautiful music to Chorong that day. Grabbing her valuables, she ran to Bomi and quietly walked with her to their secret hangout place. They loved that place; it was peaceful and nice. Once they arrived, Chorong engulfed her in a hug. "Hey Bbom, I'm so sorry I couldn't talk to you for too long last night."

"It's okay unnie," Bomi replied with a very faint smile on her face.

"How was your night?" Chorong knew the answer, but there was no other way she could get started on the topic.

Not so good. In fact, bad. Bomi took some time to reply. "Good," she said, but Chorong was well aware that it was not. Her expression said otherwise anyway.

"Bbom," Chorong called as she interlaced her fingers with the other girl's, deliberately making the girl look at her. "All I wanted to say is that I'm really sorry for not being able to give you as much time and comfort as you need. I want to, but the circumstances just won't allow it."

Bomi frowned slightly at Chorong blaming herself, but she let the older continue. "I know things are hard for you, I know it hurts. I'm just really sorry that I wasn't there when you needed me the most. I mean, I could've just left Naeun with Eunji who was handling her well. I should've listened to you before I hung up. I'm just so so sorry." Chorong could not help but tear up as she recalled her mistake of hanging up on Bomi.

"Unnie, your sister comes first. You did the right thing." Bomi tried to comfort but Chorong just shook her head. "And I know your last night couldn't have been pleasant. I reckon you stayed awake most of the time, right?"

Bomi just nodded, there was no point in hiding anything anyway. "Yes I did, but unnie, you've really done enough. You made me happy that day, remember? All that's left is me now, I need to learn to move on. It still hurts, but I'm more than thankful for you to be here."

She reached out her hands to wipe the tears of self-blame away. Thereafter, she leant forward to peck on Chorong's cheeks. "I know I haven't said this much, but you entering my life is really the best thing that has ever happened in my life."


"Unnie, are you okay?" Naeun asked, hugging her sister, who was doing her homework, from the back.

"Hmm?"

"It's coming again soon." Exact details did not need to be mentioned, they both knew what Naeun was referring to. It was a date that Chorong would usually not forget, but these days she was too preoccupied with studies as well as Bomi. Every year when it was coming, Chorong would be feeling extremely down.

"Oh uhm yeah." Indeed, the date was nearing, and Chorong had to start preparing. Now there was another thing added on her to-do list.

"Unnie, what exactly happened that day? All I know is that it was a car crash."

"Yeah it was.. A terrible one.." Chorong thought it over, and decided that Naeun was old enough. Thus, she told her sister everything she knew about that day. Naeun finally understood why her sister always took such good care of her. Not only was it the love they had, but also the promise Chorong had made with their mother.

"Unnie you've suffered so much.. To have seen Mum close her eyes, protecting me throughout these years.. If there's anything I'll always be here, unnie. I love you." It was the heartfelt words of Naeun, seldom expressed ones. Chorong simply smiled. Her sister had grown up.


A/N: Okay so transportation time has enabled me to update today (Y) After fighting the urge to sleep in the bus haha. It's shorter than my previous updates, and maybe a bit more ...-worthy, but I hope you guys liked it!~ now I'm going back to studying D: And in case y'all didn't know I have a (not so) new APink Oneshot Collection up, for the request of you guys ^^ I'm not sure how often I'll update that, but do support it as well! ^^

comment please hehe~

@Nachomisan bus dates are just so sweet and adorable imo keke. I remember the #staystrongchomi trend in my other fic haha

@athousandreveries hehe Eunji reailsed = it's the beginning hahaha jkjk I don't really know where this story is heading tbh, just going with the flow~~ These chomi moments make up for all the times they've suffered, right? :')

@akumatsubasa hehe, finally :) tom and jerry couple is always adorable xD thanks! (:

@jetiunique I love sweet moments hehe. I think it's going to take some time, since it's hard for one to admit liking the same gender. But who knows what Eunji would do? x3 and yeah, always by each other's side :') Like Bomi said in APN heh. "Chorong unnie, I will always be by your side." thanks :)

@ckaz99 chances are meant to be taken, I hope Eunji does! always there for each other :D

@Taengoo99 hahaha I suppose there's no need for Bomi to act tough anymore after being so fragile in front of Chorong >< but that means they're getting closer I guess! Plus, Bomi's finally calling Chorong "unnie". Thank you :)