Trouble

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

The girl who originally stood at the door ran away, and Eunji immediately gave chase. She was very worried for the girl, considering that she had always been a fragile person. Way too breakable, absolutely vulnerable.

While running, Eunji shouted her name several times, but Naeun never turned back. Being someone who had always had a comparatively weaker heart, it was very taxing on her to run so much, simultaneously shouting as well. Her pants got heavier and her speed got slower. She watched as Naeun's backview slowly disappeared from her sight.

Failing to get hold of Naeun, the only bet Eunji had was to go to her house.


Naeun's POV

I was walking, but stopped in my track when I heard a voice I recognised.

"Lee Taemin you had better not mess with Naeun. Hurt her and I'll murder you." This is Eunji's voice. What exactly is she doing? After telling me, she tries to bring Chorong unnie to her side and now she approaches him directly.

"Whoa whoa chill. What's up?" 

"I heard what you said that day." I was already at the doorstep, but fought the urge to go in and rage at Eunji. 

"Huh, that gullible girl is totally believing me now. Or stupid, rather." I saw her hand reach Taemin's face, leaving a red mark. If it were anytime before, I would have ran in and slapped Eunji, considering that she had just done the same to my boyfriend. But now, all I felt was hurt. My heart was aching. So Eunji was not lying after all, Taemin had a motive for being my boyfriend.

"She's not stupid. And I mean it." She turned, and for the first time in a while our eyes met. Instinctively, I ran, holding back the tears that were threatening to fall.

I hear footsteps behind me, and my name was called several times. Giving no reaction to that, I continued running, and I felt the footsteps becoming softer, and eventually disappeared.


"You seem happy today," Chorong commented. Two of them were walking along the corridor, with the older resisting and fighting the urge to take Bomi's hand into hers. Bomi had been humming a happy tune, and her face radiating a bright smile never seen before. 

Bomi looked at her, eyes in the shape of crescent moons. "Park Chorong, do you know?"

"Know what?" Upon seeing how happy Bomi was, the corners of Chorong's mouth lifted up into a smile unknowingly.

"My mum's condition took a turn for the better! She seems to be recovering well now, and the doctor says at this rate she can be discharged soon." The smile on her face disappeared slightly as she continued. "I miss her. I miss having my mum at home. I've been so busy the time I spend with her is limited." 

Chorong wrapped her hand over Bomi's shoulder and patted awkwardly, hoping that no one would see this small moment of contact between them. In school, the two avoided skinship. For Bomi, it was because she had always been considered relatively tomboy, and she hated to admit that she had changed so much because of the older. Even when she was alone with Chorong, the most she would do is to hold hands. On the other hand, for Chorong, it was because she knew Bomi did not want it. Considerate was her middle name, and she never did things against the will of others.

The hand on her shoulder was withdrawn when Bomi continued. "Since I don't have siblings, ever since my mother got hospitalised, I've been stuck at home with my dad and the workers. And it ." She ended off with a mutter.

"She's getting better, so things will be back to usual, hmm?" Bomi could only nod, hoping that it would. "And I'm sorry if I'm taking up too much of your time, with all the tutoring and stuff. Y'know, you can just cancel the sessions. And not follow me home too. Then you'll have more time to spend with your mother."

Bomi shook her head this time. "No. I'm doing all these on my own accord now."

"Why do you give me so much of your time? I'm not worth it." It was Chorong's genuine thoughts, as much as she liked the time spent.

"Who says you're not? You're worth more than how much time I give you. In fact, I regret not being able to spend more time with you." If one had more than 24hours a day, Bomi would gladly spend the extra time with Chorong. Besides, you make me genuinely happy. There is no need to hide or fake anything at all. I can just be who I am, and let time pass as I forget about everything that I don't want to remember.

Chorong wanted to protest that she was never worth much and never would be, but was interrupted by her phone ringing. Picking up the phone, she immediately knew something was wrong.

"Unnie, I was warning Taemin and Naeun overheard our conversation, so she found out. I tried chasing after her but I lost her, so now I'm just heading to your house, hoping she'd be there." Just from Eunji's tone Chorong could tell she was very worried, for she had never sounded like that before. She was probably crying as well, considering that her voice was rather shaky.

"I will come over now." She bid a rushed goodbye to Bomi, stating that her sister needed help.


"Naeun ah, don't be like that please? I know you're feeling terrible, just cry it all out." Living under the conditions that they had, it was no doubt that the two sisters had been hurt many times. However, Naeun made Chorong even more worried than usual this time. For the past hour, the younger had only been laughing to herself. Not a single tear was shed.

"Unnie, don't you think it's so funny? It hasn't even been that long since it all started, and now things become like that." She chuckled in disbelief, mocking herself for being so naive and dumb. "I'm so stupid, I was rude to Eunji unnie just because of him. I even made you angry and disappointed. When you said 'Whatever happened to your manners. You're no longer the lovely and sweet sister I have.', do you know how hurt I was? But I told myself, you guys were just spouting nonsense, and no matter what he'd be here for me. Turns out I was the fool being played around by him."

"Naeun ah, I'm so sorry for saying such hurtful words to you. It was just said in a fit of my anger, I hope you don't take it to heart. You're still the adorable sister I love." Thinking back upon her words, Chorong was feeling really bad about it now.

"It's okay unnie, what you said was right." This reply brought her older sister into a whole new level of guilt. Chorong bit her lip, stopping the tears that were forming in her eyes from falling. She felt someone pat on her back. She looked up, and Eunji gave her a comforting look.

"Take a rest as well, I will try to take over." In her state right now, Chorong could do nothing but agree to that, hoping that Eunji would be able to help Naeun release her emotions at the very least.

"Just leave me alone, Eunji unnie." Naeun did not feel like talking to anyone at all, the only reason why she said so much to Chorong was because she was her sister.

"No."

"Go away!" She threw whatever she grabbed form her bed. Meanwhile, Eunji just sat there getting hit by the things, waiting for Naeun's rage to be over. It took quite some time for that, but subsequently Eunji just inched closer to Naeun. Wrapping her arms around the girl who was now hugging her own knees, she said softly and soothingly, "I never will, Naeun. Just let it all out, I'm here."

That worked like magic, as the tears Naeun had tried so hard to keep in started to fall.

In the meantime, Chorong's phone hand rung, and it was a call from Bomi. Chorong picked it up, but hastily told Bomi that she had to tend to her sister and hung up quickly after that.

 

 

 

 

Little did she know it was her greatest regret to do so.


A/N: Hmmm so Naeun's heartbroken now but at least Eunji's there again, right? And I swear the only thing ChoMi's lacking is an actual confession and their realisation that they both like each other. Hope yall enjoyed this chapter~

Watched the video (last year one) with Bomi backhugging Chorong (supposedly trying to get Chorong to show her hapkido) and they're so cute together haha. Chorong went like "She hugged me too cutely" HAHA totally unable to resist Bbom~

@milkcafe mine too, actually. can't imagine how painful it is to hear that.

@jetiunique I wish they already were a real couple >< yeah ><

@athousandreveries making the right choices since 1991 haha. at least ChoMi's advancing well while Eunji faces Naeun's mean remarks. But anyway, 2eun's back~

@ckaz99 yep haha she did! >< it's great that her life is getting better, right? (: 

@Taengoo99 yeah, same here as well~ so far so good :3

@akumatsubasa funny how she so obviously cares (and likes loves) Chorong yet tries to be cool and all. Because love is blind hahaha

@secretagentspy I threw Taeun away hehehe. /parties/