Heroine

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

"Chorong-" The door slammed in her face. Despite her attempts to push it back, Bomi lacked enough strength. Chorong locked the door and sat down, leaning against it.

"Open the door!" Bomi banged the door so furiously that it seemed like it was going to be knocked down. She continuously did so until she received a message from the girl inside.

From: Chorong

Don't wait anymore, go. I'm not going to open the door for you today no matter how long you stay.

However, the stubborn Bomi refused to listen. Knowing that Chorong could hear her, she shouted, "I'm not leaving until I see you!"

Although the older heard it, she still did not want to open the door. Running into her room, she threw her blanket over her entirely. Hugging her bolster tightly, tears appeared once again as she said, "Mum, Dad, ever since both of you left, we've been suffering. Everything is so hard. I thought things would become better, I often told Naeun so, but why do things just keep getting worse? And now, Bomi just has to see me in this state, my most pathetic one. She's going to judge me now. Is this a joke? Things were getting slightly better when I realised how happy I am whenever I'm with her, the next moment she witnesses this."

***

"Is she really going to make me wait here all night?" Bomi was feeling very anxious already, having waited for some time.

To: Chorong

'Hey... Open the door please?'

'I will really wait till you are willing to see me.'

'Park Chorong, if you don't open the door in the next ten minutes I will break your door.'

'Or set your whole house on fire.'

She sent messages by intervals, but received no reply at all. Thankfully for her, Naeun and Eunji came back.

"Hey, isn't that Yoon Bomi from our school? What's she doing in front of your house?" Eunji asked.

Naeun shrugged, and decided to get the answer instantly. "Hello, may I know why you are standing at my doorstep...?"

Turning to the source of the voice, Bomi need not spare more thought and recognised her immediately. "Oh you're Chorong's sister right? Basically we were on the phone and I heard someone scolding her about creating a mess and that she was going to learn her lesson. Then she hung up without another word so I got worried and came here. I met her for like a split second-" Before Bomi finished, Naeun already started to unlock the door. There was no need to hear the next part, she knew her sister was crying. "and she was crying and all then she slammed the door and refused to open."

"Come in," Naeun hurriedly invited. Her expression was full of worry. Spotting the pile of unwashed laundry, she muttered to herself, "It must have been that mess." 

Opening the door, Naeun was greeted by Chorong's relatively loud sobs, even though there was the cover of the blanket. She ran to the bed and removed the blanket. In front of her was her sister, grabbing onto her bolster tightly, trembling terribly while crying. "Unnie.."

Eunji looked at the sight, pitying the two girl's fate. But as far as she knew, Chorong had cried before, but never so hard. She wondered what affected her so badly this time. Angrily, she mumbled, "How could she beat her so badly just because of those unwashed clothes? I bet she expects her to get them cleared by tomorrow as well, when she clearly knew it would be hard for Chorong to."

After entering the room, Bomi watched as Naeun approached her sister. She frowned as the painful marks appeared in her sight again. She observed each and every one, as well as how vulnerable the girl was. Imagining what Chorong would be going through, all Bomi wanted to do was to go to her and give her a tight hug. She looked around and noticed how the other two girls showed no response to the marks. It's sad how they get used to it. 

Suddenly, she heard Eunji's mumble. Her keen ears enabled her to hear the exact content. As much as she wanted to stay with Chorong, as much as she wanted to be the one to tend to her wounds, she decided that Naeun and Eunji would be of better position to do those. Not wanting to disrupt anything, she left.


As Chorong tried to get up after she woke up, she winced at the pain. However, she turned and saw Naeun who was right next to her sleeping peacefully, which unconsciously produced a smile on her face. 

"You're the reason why I can hang on even though things are tough," Chorong commented. She was about to lean down and give her sister a kiss on the forehead when she suddenly thought of something.

"OH MY GOSH!" Naeun's eyes shot open upon hearing the shout.

"Unnie, why? What happened?"

"THE CLOTHES!" Both of them knew what Chorong was talking about. Immediately, they ran out in panic, praying that their aunt had not woken up yet. When they arrived, to their surprise, the whole pile of clothes were hung out to dry.

"You washed it yesterday?" Naeun shook her head. "Eunji?"

"She left straight.." Then it struck them. Both of them looked at each other, eyes widened.


Bomi had been following Chorong around for days, trying to get a chance to talk to her, but she never allowed. Chorong constantly avoided, but the younger was not going to give up so easily. Even during their tuition, Chorong would only focus on work, and once the time reached she would leave hurriedly.

That day, during break, Bomi walked behind Chorong.

"Bomi Unnie!" Bomi's number 1 fan, the cheerful Kim Namjoo called.

"Yeah?" She answered half-heartedly, trying to make sure she did not lose Chorong.

"I... got this for you." Namjoo presented her with a wrapped up box. Feeling anxious as Chorong went out of her sight, Bomi gave a quick 'thank you' and left to find Chorong.

***

Chorong knew that Bomi was still following her, and was thinking of every single reason to convince herself not to turn back. Suddenly, she heard a girl's voice calling Bomi. It was a voice she recognised, so she turned slightly to see. Huh, it's Kim Namjoo, that little kid Bomi's interested in. I guess I can just go now.

After getting her food, Chorong settled down on a seat at the corner of the canteen. She was alone since her timetable did not match that of her sister's. Away from people, out of people's sight, that's what she loved especially when she was alone. That was usually the case, but not so this time round. She had barely started eating when she heard someone's voice.

"Someone's alone today, huh?" Hayoung walked towards her with a smirk. Grabbing the bowl from the girl next to her, she placed it in front of Chorong, exchanging it with what was originally there. 

"Eat this." Inside the bowl was a mixture of the leftovers of everything Hayoung and her friends had eaten and drank, with additional sauces such as pepper, chilli and ketchup added into it as well. There was only one word that could describe it - Disgusting. As much as Chorong usually listened to the bully, she refused to eat it.

Seeing Chorong's hesitation, Hayoung knew she was not going to listen. Picking up the bowl of food that Chorong had, she flung it towards Chorong, and laughed as the latter's clothes were stained with the food contents. "Are you going to eat it?"

By now, many people had already crowded around to take a look at what was happening. No one helped her though, for no one cared. In fact, people were just laughing at how she got bullied by people who were younger.

"No?" Before she knew it, Hayoung had splashed the soup on her. The liquid caused the fabric of her clothes to stick to her body, which caused her yet-to-heal wounds to hurt again. Moreover, the soup was still warm. Bearing with the pain, she tried to act strong.

Being unsuccessful in getting Chorong to listen to her, Hayoung got angry. She walked away to get bottles of plain water, only to come back and pour it all over Chorong. "Aigoo someone stained herself all over with her own food. Let this dongsaeng help clean this unnie."

Chorong closed her eyes shut as more pain seared through her body. She tried, but it was too much for her to bear. Observing the people of the crowd and their faces, she looked at Hayoung, eyes full of fear, and picked up the spoon. With her shaking hands, the first scoop was put into . It tasted so terrible she wanted to puke. More importantly, it felt horrible to be humiliated like that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Second spoonful in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Third in.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She scooped the fourth one. As the spoon headed to , someone hit her hand. The spoon fell back into the bowl and she watched as the remaining contents in the bowl was thrown towards Hayoung. She heard the person say, "What are you doing? What on earth do your parents teach you?"

She could see the shocked expression on Hayoung's face, and it was hilarious. But the very next moment, the person pulled Chorong away from the table. Still unable to process, Chorong just followed.


A/N: A Chorong - packed chapter~ She's such a poor thing :( I'm sorry for not including 2eun in this chapter (and there hasn't exactly been a lot) I will try to add more in!! But anyway who washed the clothes?? and who stopped Chorong from having to swallow the disgusting food?? Hope this chapter is good in your opinion~

And something I didn't mention in the previous chapter's note, Chorong's password 2664 spells Bomi LOL. #randomfact

Btw, thanks for the >50 subscribers! Reached the 50 mark even faster than my previous fic, really thanks so much /bows/

@akumatsubasa haha and you replied first to the previous chapter x3 yeah, I'm glad Bomi stopped being so cold.. but it's Chorong's turn to not want to talk to Bomi :( 2eun's cute hahaha

@athousandreveries slap her or smth? xD let's just say she created a chance.... for Chorong to not want to talk to Bomi, lol >< Naeun's always the kid lol, with Eunji understanding her so well ^_^ and heh, that depends :3

@ckaz99 she sent her home when she brought her to the hospital, remember? :D you got that right xD just be glad it wasn't the aunt, or Chorong would have to suffer again :/ 2eun always getting it easy because of Eunji's understanding personality ><

@jetiunique well.. chauffeur :D let's just say Chorong could have been scolded for quite some time so xD sisters behaving alike heh x3 hope Bomi's response made you happy :P

@Nachomisan Bomi tried I guess :( Rong destroying our ChoMi ship lol ><