Assurance

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

Opening her eyes, Chorong looked at the girl who was still sleeping. She looked so peaceful, and Chorong just wished that she was actually feeling equally as peaceful now. She hated to see the younger girl struggle to move on, but sadly it was just natural to do so. She looked at the clock, it was still a little earlier than the time they had to wake up. Just in case she overslept afterwards, she decided not to sleep again.

Staring at Bomi, she slowly admired the other's features, how everything complemented each other. She smiled, a little in disbelief, unable to believe that the perfect girl in front of her was her girlfriend. 'Girlfriend', such a foreign word, yet Chorong loved every bit of it. Or rather, every bit of the person the title represented.

As if she could sense that someone was staring at her, Bomi moved a little before her eyes opened gradually. She rubbed her eyes before letting them settle on the smiling girl in front of her. Their eyes met, and both smiled. No words were exchanged, but their gaze seemed to express everything they felt for each other.

They had fallen asleep in each other's arms the previous night, and to wake up in the same position was something so wonderful for them. It was like this that their lives seemed perfect, it was like this that nothing else seemed to matter.

"Unnie," Bomi finally said, as she tightened her embrace on the older and snuggled closer into the older's arms.

"Bomi." Chorong tightened the hug too, taking in the scent of Bomi.

It felt like paradise, so surreal that they are able to see each other the first thing when they wake up. Their precious moment was, however, interrupted by the alarm. Chorong pulled away a little to grab her phone, and when she turned back she was greeted by Bomi's cute pout.

"Why?"

"I thought our little moment could last a little longer."

Chorong chuckled at how cute Bomi was, as she replied, "Well, we have to prepare for school.. But first.."

She leaned in, capturing the younger's lips. It was a slow and gentle one, just like the one they had yesterday. It lasted a while, till Chorong eventually pulled away, much to both of their disappointment. "Good morning, Bbom ah."

 


 

"Eunji unnie," Naeun called, poking at her lightly. Eunji rolled around, making grumpy noises and muttering, "Five more minutes please~"

"We have to prepare for school, unnie." Naeun said, trying not to give in to Eunji's cuteness.

"Mmmmmm," Eunji gave a short reply, and went straight back into her slumber.

"Fine. If you wake up now, I'll give you a morning hug." You could say the younger girl tried, for there was no movement from Eunji.

Naeun looked at the clock and sighed, "Unnie, I'll go prepare first. See you later."

***

Naeun stepped out of her house with two bags, one slung over her shoulders from the back while the other one was slung over at the front. Her sister had called to ask for her help in bringing the needed materials, for all she had was her school uniform.

"Hey, good morning princess," Eunji, who was already standing outside, greeted, as she went forward to help carry Chorong's bag. It was how she greeted the younger girl every morning. Just by the a simple "Good morning, unnie" would be good enough a reply, but she would always have a genuine wide smile on her face, which made Eunji especially contented.

"You're finally awake," Naeun teased, making the older frown at the reply. 

"Yah, what do you mean by that." Eunji pouted a little, explaining, "I was tired."

It was true, Eunji was a lazy bum who loved to sleep, but it was also a fact that the older had stayed awake just to make sure Naeun had fallen asleep first. It did take the younger girl an especially long time the previous night, and all that the older did was to wait patiently until the breathing of the other was more stable and peaceful.

"Alright alright, you're tired." Naeun replied, making Eunji smile again. "Let's go."

 


 

"Unnie!" Naeun ran to hug Chorong once she saw her. Just one night and the sisters missed each other so much. The two girls only let go of each other when the other two arrived just next to them. Watching as Chorong's hand naturally reached out for Bomi's, Naeun grinned as she asked, "So, you two are together, huh?"

Just a simple question, but Chorong's face turned more red than ever. Eunji and Naeun could only smile at how shy she was, for they never really saw this side of her. Naeun decided to continue, "I guess I was right~ Told ya, unnie."

"Y-Yah," Chorong hit Naeun and grabbed her bag before rushing away in embarrassment, not forgetting to pull Bomi away along with her. The two younger ones laughed as they watched the other two walk away, the Chorong they knew had changed.

"Ah unnie, why are you so embarrassed? Is it that embarrassing to be with me? Do you not love me?" Bomi asked, knowing that it was not that case but wanted to disturb the older girl anyway. 

Chorong stopped in her steps, turning to look at Bomi in the eyes. "Bbom ah, it's not that, I'm just.. really shy." Chorong looked down after saying it, not wanting to have eye contact with Bomi. She was an extremely shy girl, no doubt.

"Unnie," Bomi called. She heard it, but did not want to look up.

"Chorong unnie," Bomi called again, and this time Chorong mustered all her courage to look up. 

Their eyes met, and what Chorong saw was the wide and bright smile she loved so much. Bomi leaned in, letting their lips touch. Both enjoyed the moment, though at the back of their minds they were silently thankful that they were at a corner where people did not usually walk past.

It was a short but sweet moment for both, and when they shifted away they stared at each other lovingly. Bomi smiled again and said, "I know you're just shy, and I know you love me a lot. I was just kidding. You're really cute even when you're embarrassed, do you know?"

Chorong blushed even more after what Bomi said. Trying to avoid the continuation of the topic, she said, "Let's go to class now, Bomi."

 


 

Meanwhile, after Chorong walked away with Bomi..

"I'm glad to see Chorong unnie so happy," Eunji commented. Though it had only been recent years that they became neighbours and friends, Eunji had long treated the two sisters like her real ones.

"Yeah, me too." Naeun expression was another thing that made Eunji happy, for the younger girl looked so much less troubled now that her sister seems to be in a better circumstance. "They're so cute together."

Naeun's statement made Eunji a little more confident, she was increasingly certain that Naeun was not against homoual relationships. Maybe I could try telling her some time. "Yes, they are. And it's all thanks to my little princess matchmaker here."

***

School had ended a while back, but Naeun and Eunji headed back as the younger girl had left something in class. Walking along the corridor, the two girls came across a certain person they would never want to meet, together with one friend. Naeun hesitated in moving forward, but Eunji held her hand tightly as they continued walking. Seeing that Taemin did not seem to do anything, the older girl thought everything would pass just in a couple of seconds as they walk past each other. However, as they crossed paths, Taemin pulled Naeun's arm with a strong grip, enough to get Naeun out of Eunji's hold but not enough to send her flying and get hurt from hitting the wall.

"Hey, babe," Taemin called, showing the smirk that Naeun hated so much. She glanced a little past him as he shifted closer, hoping that Eunji would come and help her. In fact, she believed the other girl would, but everything was crushed when she saw Eunji being held by Key, the friend Taemin had brought along.

"Look here, my dear." Taemin said, but Naeun refused to obey. She felt fear, so frightened by him, yet the last thing she wanted was to look into his eye and let him read her emotions. "So.. You weren't here yesterday, right?"

He received a reply, but not quite the voice he wanted. Eunji shouted from behind, "It's none of your business, Lee Taemin."

He gave a quick look to the back, before putting his attention back on Naeun. "I thought you loved me, why is it that you don't even want to talk to me now?"

Naeun still kept silent, looking down. She was so afraid, yet how scared she felt was nothing compared to the regret that overwhelmed her. The regret of falling into Taemin's sweet talks.

"Naeun ah," Taemin called again, this time a little more sweetly, and Naeun hated it because she knew Taemin was going to do something. He loved acting sweet right before he carried out his plans. True enough, he lifted Naeun's chin, not too rough but not gently either. Naeun looked anywhere but straight into his eyes, but from the side of her eyes she could see him leaning in, his face closer and closer to hers. She shut her eyes tight as their lips touched, her first tears falling as it happened. This was what Taemin wanted, to take Naeun's first kiss, to make her cry, to ruin her life. It was not at all pleasant to give your first kiss to someone who just wanted to play with your feelings. In fact, it hurt a lot.

Before he could actually dive in to a 'passionate' kiss, or before he even could plant his lips there for more than five seconds, Naeun felt the loss of contact. She timidly opened her eyes, and was surprised to see Eunji in front of her, the two guys on the floor. Eunji glared at them as they scrambled away, they never knew she was so strong. Only after they left did Eunji look at Naeun with a concerned expression, wiping her tears away as she asked, "Are you alright?"

Naeun did not reply, she honestly did not know if she was okay. She stared straight at Eunji, trying to process what just happened. As if she could read minds, Eunji explained as she scratched her head embarrassingly, "I wanted to help you, but he held me too tight and I could not think. Then that idiot wanted to kiss you, and I got all angry so I acted on instinct. I bit him to loosen the grip, then gave them what they deserve. Those taekwondo lessons I took secretly behind my parents' back, I guess it was not that bad an idea."

Eunji pulled Naeun closer to her, putting the younger in her embrace. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you before his lips touched yours."

And that was when Naeun grasped what had happened. Right, her first kiss. She would not want to consider that as a kiss, but undeniably their lips met. She just stood there in Eunji's arms, seeking whatever comfort she wanted. Just being in the older's arms always made her feel assured that everything would be okay eventually, even if not now.

 


 

Chorong and Bomi were seated in the room, carrying out their tuition as usual. Chorong's results had shown improvement, so their teacher wanted them to continue with it.

"So to solve this question you have to-" Bomi's explanation was interrupted by her phone vibrating, indicating that she received a message. "Sorry."

Chorong understood what was privacy, but she could not help but take a glance at who Bomi was contacting. It was a message group of her clique, or previous clique. The messages went like, "Yah, is there something going on between you and that girl?" "You're so into her you don't even have time for us anymore."

The older girl felt a little hurt, that was like a reminder that she actually barely had any existence in people's lives. It pains her so much to remember that, for she had felt so appreciated whenever she was around Bomi. But what hurt her the most was Bomi's reply, she regret reading it in the first place. 

"Hey hey hey~ what are you guys thinking!! I'm just tutoring her. It's nice to see someone's results improve because of you, you know??"

Bomi loved Chorong, she really did. She was just not prepared to break the news to others, especially her friends who do not have a liking towards Chorong. The latter thought over it and could understand Bomi's perspective, but nonetheless she still felt so hurt, like she was an embarrassment and a burden for Bomi. I guess Bomi deserves someone a lot better than me.

"Unnie?" Chorong snapped out of her thoughts to see the younger girl waving her hand in front of her.

"Uh, uh?"

"Are you okay, unnie?" Bomi looked really worried.

"Uh, yeah." Chorong gave a smile, much as she was hurting so much. She wished she could control her feelings and be more understanding towards Bomi, but some things were just uncontrollable. "Could we end earlier today?"

***

Chorong was spacing out almost the entire way home, and Bomi who noticed it got increasingly concerned. She knew something was bothering the older, but there was nothing she could do if the older girl did not want to tell her. It was day two of their relationship, and all she hoped for for the rest of their relationship was that the trust and dependence would gradually be built. She tried to think back, trying to find the moment that Chorong's mood changed, but could not figure anything out.

Even after they arrived outside Chorong's house, the older girl did not notice and was about to continue to walk. That was when Bomi reached out to tug at Chorong's wrist softly, the other girl falling straight into her arms. Bomi hugged her, saying softly, "I hope you'll feel fine soon. If there's anything, I'm always here."

Bomi pulled apart and looked carefully, Chorong's expression was still the same, barely any bit of happiness in it. She leaned in for a kiss, one that finally brought Chorong out of her worries for that moment. The moment was short but nonetheless sweet for both of them. Bomi looked into her girlfriend's eyes lovingly and said with a sincere tone, "Cheer up, unnie. I love you."

That's when Chorong finally smiled a little. Thanks to Bomi's actions and words, she got to feel slightly more assured.

 


A/N: Okay hi guys, I am (finally) back with an update, and I hope this update is worth waiting for. My exams kinda ended on the 15th, and I started writing this since a few days after that, but it's hard to get back into the writing mode and I'm still trying, so hopefully my updates won't be that far apart. I still have a final exam next week, and things are only going to be busier (and not to mention exhaustion hits me so easily) so I can no longer guarantee updates every few days, but I promise I will always try to get it up as soon as possible! Hopefully every chapter will be worth the wait for you.

So.. How's this chapter? It made sense, right? >< Like I said, I'm a little off from the whole writing mode, so I'm kinda worried the story doesn't flow :/ But I hope it did, and I hope you guys enjoyed it^^ Thank you for still reading~

Yep so.. till the next dose of Oranges [: