Anniversary Part II

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

The two girls were seated at the bus stop, with Chorong leaning her head on Bomi's shoulder and their fingers interlocked. They were waiting for the arrival of Naeun and Eunji, and instead of going back to the tombstones first Bomi had suggested to stay at the bus stop so that the other girl could rest her eyes a little. And Chorong agreed, because she knew that she was going to cry again when Naeun reaches.

"Go to sleep if you're still tired, unnie." There was no verbal response, Chorong just slowly closed her eyes after that. That made Bomi think that she was going to sleep, but after a while she heard the older's voice.

"Bbom ah," Chorong called weakly. "Could I stay over at your house today?" Truthfully, Chorong was in desperate need of someone who could give her security, and even though her very own sister could do that, no one beats Bomi in doing that. Besides, she did not want to enter the house. Surely it did contain nice memories, but it was also the place where all their fears were triggered.

"Sure, you can do that whenever you want to." Bomi replied, happy that she could be there for Chorong. Dad doesn't care what I do anyway. He always comes home drunk ever since Mum passed away.

"Thank you," Chorong gave an earnest thanks, and softly added, "I'll tell you everything you deserve to know later."

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I will."

A bus arrived and two girls alighted. Immediately, one of them came running towards Chorong. "Unnie!"

Chorong told Bomi that she would look for her later, before hugging her little sister and left. Bomi was still wondering what she should do while waiting for Chorong's return, but her thoughts were cut off by Eunji.

"They'll always spend some time together on this day. They'll be back later, so meanwhile do you want to talk or something?" Bomi just nodded her head, at least she would not be alone. "Since we're of the same age, shall we drop the formalities?"

Given Eunji's outgoing personality, it was not the least awkward between the two, even though it was the first time they really talked. However, Bomi was rather taken aback by her straightforwardness at certain moments.

"Do you like Chorong unnie?" Bomi went blank upon hearing that, it was a question she never thought of. It was one that she never expected herself to think of, for it was against the social norm.

"Sorry." The lack of response made Eunji feel like she had made Bomi uncomfortable. "Anyway, how much do you know about unnie?"

"Barely anything," Bomi honestly replied. "She said she'd tell me everything I deserve to know later. But seriously, if it would hurt her to tell me, then I'd rather not know."

Eunji smiled. The fact that Chorong wanted to tell Bomi meant that she trusted her. In the years of knowing the two sisters, she knew very well that Chorong was not one who trusted others easily, or in fact Bomi was the first. That probably meant that the former had positive feelings towards Bomi, and Bomi had just proven that her love for Chorong was a pure one.

"Eunji ah, you know, I never knew Chorong was suffering so much. I'm such a terrible person, I was so busy crying over my late mother to someone who lost both her parents at an even younger age. I didn't know.." It had been a few hours, but the feeling still bothered Bomi badly.

"She understood how you were feeling, Bomi ah, that's why she tried so hard to help you get better. She went all out because she knew how painful it was for you, and I'm sure she is still trying to help you. And I'm certain she doesn't mind doing any of these." Eunji held paused for a moment to hold Bomi's hands between hers and looked at Bomi straight in the eye. "But Bomi, let me say this for Naeun and as Chorong unnie's friend. Chorong has been much happier ever since she met you and we both can tell that you're someone special to her. Her life was always a tough one, so we're glad to see her smile more now. I'm not trying to say that you have to go all out just to make her especially happy, but please don't ever hurt her. Take it as a request from us, please."

Bomi nodded. She knew how fragile the older was and would never want to hurt her either. However, she did not have enough faith in herself that she would not unintentionally do so. In fact, she recalled ignoring her previously and hurting her. "I will never cause pain to Chorong unnie again."


"Unnie, I'm surprised you brought Bomi unnie along~" Naeun teased, knowing from the previous time that Chorong liked Bomi. Chorong's faced blushed as she hit Naeun on the shoulder, stating an excuse. "It's lonely to come alone."

"Oh? You could've asked me though." Naeun continued, and Chorong had no excuse for that.

"Fine, I just like her presence okay? She has the ability to make me feel so safe and secure, like everything would be alright, even when the whole sky is coming down on me." Chorong's face flushed so badly while admitting that.

"Ha, caught ya. Unnie, why don't you just let her know? I sense that Bomi likes you back as well.." 

"Yah, do you know how disgusting it is for a girl to like another girl? What if she leaves afterwards?" Chorong did not want to take the risk, she would never want to do so. However, Naeun was persistent in that. "So you want to wait till the day you both somehow become distant or the day she finds a partner, then regret not expressing your feelings to her?"

Chorong bit her lip. She did not want regret either. But what was she to do? It was so against the usual to have homoual relationships. "Would you if you were me?"

"Yeah, especially when she already showed signs. She's so accepting and understanding towards you, unnie. And look at the necklace you're wearing, didn't she give it to you? I think you should really try telling her."

"Mmm." Chorong ended the conversation as they approached the tombs. Looking at them, Naeun can't help but let her tears fall, while the other girl felt tears in her eyes again.

Chorong's arms naturally reached out to engulf her sister, settling in a position similar to that between Bomi and her earlier in the morning. Even when both were upset, Chorong was a caring big sister. They simply sat there with the surrounding was quiet except for their sobbing sounds. It was another crying session, the feelings just surfaced again in that situation.

***

Reaching the place where they had agreed to meet at, Chorong reached out to hold Bomi's hand while Naeun threw her body towards Eunji's. Bomi gave the older girl an "are you okay" look, to which the latter gave a slight smile. She was okay, but exhausted from all the crying.

"Oh, I'm staying at Bomi's today." Chorong mentioned, and following that gained a teasing look from Naeun. The four of them subsequently boarded the bus back to town, and went separate ways.


"It's so relaxing to be here," Chorong commented as they walked hand in hand, the sounds coming from the waves playing as the background music. Chorong had chosen to go to the beach again, its calming effect for her increased at night. 

"Do you like to come to the beach a lot?" Bomi asked, since it was the second time Chorong had wanted to go there already.

"Mm, I come here whenever I'm sad or just want to sort out my thoughts." Chorong smiled a little as she continued softly, "Or when I'm with you." That's right, with her favourite person at her favourite place, why not?

"Hey, shall we sit there?" Chorong suggested, pointing to the rocks which two other people were sitting on.

People usually sat on the rocks fishing or talking, so Chorong thought it would be a good idea. However, Bomi, being the clumsy Bomi, slipped and since the rocks were rough, scraped the skin of a part of her shin. She groaned a little at the sudden pain, which caused Chorong to become worried.

"Oh gosh are you okay?? I'm so sorry for suggesting this place." Chorong was about to rush back down from the rocks but was stopped by Bomi, who climbed up the rocks without hurting herself again.

"It's okay, it's not your fault, I'm just clumsy." Bomi smiled a bit to convince the other girl. To Chorong, even in the dark, as faint as it is, Bomi's smile was still as radiant as ever. She calmed down after seeing that the younger was okay, simply taking out a piece of tissue to wipe the blood off. When she was done, she entwined her fingers with Bomi's.

"Bbom ah, if I tell you everything, will you be willing to listen?" Chorong was still unsure, it felt too surreal to have someone caring for her. She received a confirmation from Bomi, so she took in a deep breath, being prepared to share everything for the first time. "My parents passed away from an accident when I was young. I saw my mother close her eyes right in front of me."

Bomi tightened her grip on Chorong's hands, giving her strength to say out whatever she wanted. "I made a promise to protect Naeun, to take care of her, so I tried every way to do that since then. We were put under a guardian, the aunt we're living with. But she never cared about us, and only take her stress and everything out on us, hitting us whenever she wants."

"While Naeun had excessive attention, I always got bullied. You once asked me why my books are always torn right? Now you got the answer. Things got worse after I had to retain once. But there's something good that came, which is that I met you." Bomi was rather surprised at that, but Chorong did not elaborate. "Throughout these times, Eunji was our only friend. She knew our circumstances, yet never once looked down on us. I'm always thankful to her, because she cares about Naeun so much."

Bomi had not made a verbal reply, she was closely absorbing what had just been said. After sitting there a while longer, the two of them left to take a bus to Bomi's house. They sat down in the empty bus, their fingers still intertwined. 

"Unnie, it must have been hard on you. I'm sorry for treating you badly last time." Chorong looked towards Bomi and their eyes met. She smiled, genuinely, as she replied, "It was, but now having you next to me, caring about me, everything's fine."


"Unnie, I think Chorong unnie will confess," Naeun said, smiling happily from being a 'matchmaker'. "Bomi unnie made Chorong unnie brighten up, I hope Bomi unnie can continue making her happy."

"I believe she will, I can tell that she sincerely likes Chorong unnie." It was actually a relief to both of them that Bomi had appeared in Chorong's life, maybe it meant an end to her suffering.

Suddenly, Naeun turned and faced Eunji, looking at her directly in the eyes. "Oh, may I stay at your house today?"

Not that Eunji was going to say no, but even if she wanted to it would be hard to decline those puppy eyes of Naeun's. "Why not?" 

"Yay!" Naeun clapped like an excited young child would, before hugging Eunji as a form of thanks. Eunji's heart fluttered again, as she blushed slightly at the contact. Her feelings for Naeun were just becoming greater.


"Welcome back, Miss."

"Thank you." Bomi politely replied before taking Chorong's hand in hers. "Let's go to my room." 

As they approached their destination, the door from the room just opposite Bomi's flew open. Making his entrance was an adult with a beer in his hand, as he stumbled his way out of the doorstep. "Oh? Who's this pretty little girl here?"

The man eyed at Chorong and shifted a little closer to her. Chorong moved back in discomfort but he inched even closer. This made Bomi lose control in her anger as she roughly pushed him to the ground. Being the taekwondo girl she is, it was not that hard for her to do that since she was strong. "Dad! When can you wake up? Would you stop drowning your sorrows by drinking all the time? And if you really want to drink, I'd appreciate it if you stay in your room and don't come out and embarrass me or make my friend uncomfortable."

Tears were actually welling up in her eyes as she said that, but she tried to maintain her composure and simply pulled Chorong into her room after that. She slammed the door and locked it, before heading to the toilet to calm herself down. When she opened the toilet door, she was greeted by the older girl who had a worried expression. "Are you alright?" 

Bomi nodded and replied, "Are you okay, unnie? I apologise for my father's actions."

"It's okay." Chorong was so thankful that even under such circumstances, Bomi still cared about her more. She took Bomi's hand  and looked into her eyes, whispering, "Bbom ah, if there's anything, I'll be here, hmm?"

"Thank you." Bomi smiled, she knew the other girl was trying to cheer her up, and she knew the other girl was probably having a harder time than her, especially that day. "Take a shower and rest early unnie, you must be tired."

***

Bomi stepped out of the toilet, seeing Chorong seated on her bed, spacing out. "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"Hmm? My hair's still wet so I was just thinking of some stuff."

Bomi quickly hung her towel up and settled everything before coming to the bed as well, hugging Chorong over the shoulders from the back. "Unnie, I'm sorry, I never knew you went through so much. I was so busy crying over the lost of my mother, when it's worse for you."

"One or two, it is still painful. It's been so many years for me, and when they left I was still young. But for you, I'm sure you have a lot more memories with your mother. It must be worse for you, right?" Bomi shook her head, and Chorong abruptly changed the topic. "Anyway, I've got stuff to say."

Chorong led Bomi to sit next to her, while she fiddled with her fingers to earn the courage to start. "Before I say it, I just want you to know that I am only saying this because I don't want to end up regretting. Regardless of what your reply is, I hope it doesn't affect our friendship."

Bomi was listening as attentively as ever, and that certainly did not help Chorong to deal with her nervousness. "Ever since you appeared, my life became so much better. When you started caring for me, I felt so glad that you were no longer thinking of me negatively. You saved me again and again, always caring for me, and all that you've done for me, I don't think I can ever repay you. I'm always thankful towards you, but other than that, my heart flutters whenever I am with you. I can't even emphasise on how much joy your presence brings me. Since the very beginning, I've been liking you more and more. You're smart, diligent, kind, caring, so much more than what I deserve. I know you should be with someone so much better than me, but I can't help my feelings. Even your little imperfections, the fact you are clumsy and need to be taken of, all these appear so adorable in my eyes."

Chorong turned her face away entirely, feeling her face burn up from the confession. She continued, "What I'm saying is, I've fallen in love with you." Then she muttered, "And I decided to use this small hope I have to let you know, hopefully you'll feel the same and be willing to be my girlfriend."

"I'm not asking you to decide now or maybe you can even not reply if you want to I just-" Chorong felt instant regret, she felt like Bomi was going to think that she was disgusting, she felt like she was going to lose Bomi already. However, she was cut off when Bomi placed her finger on her chin and moved her face, before leaning into kiss her. The older girl sat there in shock while the other continued to kiss for a while more. Then she broke the kiss and replied, "Is that a question? Because if it is, then yes I am. I am more than willing to be your girlfriend."

Bomi leant in for another kiss, and this time Chorong responded. Neither of them broke the kiss until they desperately needed oxygen, which was when Bomi breathed out, "I love you too, Chorong unnie."


A/N: Second Part ^^ Sorry for updating after > a week! I actually want to continue updating frequently like last time but I'm getting busier so yeah, I guess updates will come slower :/ Nonetheless, I hope you guys enjoy it! ChoMi are finally together, are y'all glad? 2eun as catalyst heh x3 

Anyway it's the end of Aug, I hope Sept will be a great month for y'all! :)

@athousandreveries I hope things will stay good for them! Thanks for reading! :)

@akumatsubasa I love how sweet Bomi is as well :D yeah, letting it out is always good :D hehe I'm an August baby myself /random fact/  but yeah, I missed Chorong's one and I wanted to send Bomi one so.. and the picture just made my day~~ :)

@SunlightLocket I'm from Singapore so I went through apinksg's birthday projects :)

@sparklinghealthykid more awww moments now maybe? xD

@ckaz99 iknowright :D I hope Eunji will confess to Naeun soon :)