Realisation

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

"Eomma, eomma.. Eomma, don't leave!!" Bomi's eyes shot open, tears falling from them and her heart beating fast from the nightmare she just had. She scanned the bedroom, but there were no signs of Chorong, causing her to panic. Running out of her room, she ransacked every corner of the house she passed by, before calming down slightly as she entered the kitchen. She saw the back of the person she was searching for. 

"Chorong unnie!" Bomi shouted and ran towards her, letting her tears continue to fall freely. She sent her whole body crashing onto Chorong's, her hands automatically wrapped around the older's.

"Bomi ah, why?" Chorong spoke in a light tone, mildly surprised at Bomi's actions in the midst of her cooking. It was not until the response she had was given in terms of sobs rather than words, that she diverted her attention towards the one hugging.

"What happened?" Chorong put down her cooking utensils and used her hands to shift Bomi's face so she could get a clear view. Wiping away the tears with her thumbs, she asked, "What's wrong?"

"I dreamt about my mother.. Then when I woke up, you weren't next to me, I thought you left as well.." Bomi's voice was muffled since there was a lump in , but Chorong managed to figure out what she was saying.

Chorong pulled the other closer to her, providing her with the security and comfort she needed. "Silly, why would I leave you? I never will." She frowned slightly, seeing how the younger was suffering so much. She hated facts of life, how one would only learn to appreciate his/her loved ones when they left. 

The process of calming Bomi down took a long time, the poor girl was too unstable. The moment Chorong wanted to walk away, Bomi called her. "Unnie.." And the older ended up going back right next to her. She sighed and patted Bomi on the head. "Bomi ah, if you keep on calling me I can't finish cooking the food for you, you know? I will finish soon and be by your side okay?" 

Chorong flashed a smile and Bomi finally nodded obediently. Bringing up her pinkie, Bomi asked, "Unnie, promise me you'll make it quick. Promise me you'll stay by my side."

The older smiled, she thought Bomi was extremely cute behaving like a young kid. "Of course I will." Chorong hooked her pinkie with Bomi's and leant forward to peck on Bomi's cheek. She did not know what made her do so, she just wanted to. "Now sit here and wait patiently hmm?"


"Unnie, it's time to wake up already." Naeun called. She watched as the older girl rolled about the bed, only to settle down in another position and fall asleep again. She giggled and shook the older this time.

"Unnie~ Why won't you wake up?"

"If my little princess here gives me a morning hug then I will." Naeun blushed slightly at Eunji's words.

"Yah don't blabber rubbish early in the morning." Naeun said, to which Eunji flashed her eyesmile back. 

"I'll make that my lifetime goal from now." Eunji declared, finally getting off the bed. "So, what does my little princess feel like doing today?"

"What does unnie want to do?" Even though Eunji spoiled Naeun a lot, the latter always thought of Eunji as well. Of course, the older never failed to put the other before her. "Anything this princess wants." 

Just like that, Naeun got the privilege of making the decision of their destination for the day. But having no specific location in mind, the two headed out aimlessly. It was not the first time though, they would just board a random bus and see when they end up at. It might have been boring for others, but never to the two of them, for having each other by their side was enough - more than enough.

Ten minutes into the bus ride and Naeun had yawned several times, evidently lacking sleep. "Go to sleep," Eunji urged, pushing the younger's head to lean against her shoulder. Naeun did not want, but soon went off into dreamland.

Staring at the sleeping girl, Eunji noticed that she was smiling faintly even in her sleep. It did not really matter that Naeun's hair was slightly messed up, the sleeping girl looked so beautiful, so perfect in Eunji's eyes. Eunji got caught up with her own thoughts. I think I love her.. She makes me so happy, and seeing her in pain makes me hurt as well. How did my feelings for her change from a sisterly one to love? But no, girls are supposed to like guys.. Naeun likes guys anyway, she'd just judge me, or even hate me, if I tell her.

"Unnie? Unnie?" Eunji came back to reality hearing someone call her. Naeun was waving her hands in front of her face. 

"Hmm?"

"What's wrong? You were so... spaced out." Naeun said in a worried tone.

"Oh nah, just tired that's all." With an eyesmile, all doubts of Naeun was cleared. "Naeun ah, what do you think of girls liking other girls?"

Eunji just wanted to try her luck. She might have been blur and a babo all along, but she was certain that the one she loved was Naeun. She was sure that Naeun was the one she would want to spend her whole life with.

"Girls liking girls? Hmm.. If they truly love each other, why not?" Naeun's reply made Eunji heave a slight sigh of relief inwardly. That meant she had a chance, even if it was the slightest of it all. "Why?"

"Oh nothing just wondering.." Eunji trailed off. 

Just like that, the two spent another day together. They did not do anything particularly special, yet they enjoyed themselves. Each other's presence was sufficient.


"Chorong unnie, thanks for spending last night and today with me," Bomi thanked sincerely as she hugged Chorong. "I really don't know what I'd do without you."

"I'm sorry I can't be here tonight, there's chores to do at home." Chorong felt really apologetic about that. How could she leave a poor girl alone after all that she had been through? Not to mention that Bomi's father went missing after her mother's death.

"It's okay unnie, you've been here enough." Bomi tried hard not to sound disappointed because she, too, really wanted the older to be here for a long time as well. The previous night was the best night she had in a while. And she knows that, because she could barely even remember when the last time she had felt so happy, so troubleless. It had been a long time since she last heard words of encouragement, sincere ones at that. Honestly speaking, Chorong was the only one in her entire life that had made her feel so secure. It might be because she was having a hard time, but nonetheless it for Bomi to know that everything will just come back when the older's gone.

"Nothing's enough when I'm with you." Chorong said and she meant it. She was more than thankful towards the younger for opening up to her. It allowed her to have a friend, something she had long forgotten the existence of. Other than her own sister Naeun and Eunji whom she treated like her sister, Bomi was the only one who could make her feel glad about her own existence. It did not matter that Bomi was unaware of her circumstances, she could feel that the younger's feelings were genuine. Bomi had helped her, cared for her, stood by her. Also, Bomi had seen her at one of her lowest points and similarly, she had seen Bomi at her most vulnerable point of time. Despite so, the latter still let Chorong into her life. That was all that mattered to Chorong, because to be trusted and to have someone to trust was the best thing that could ever happen.  Chorong caressed Bomi's cheek as she continued, "But I have to go today, as much as I don't want to. I will quickly get things done and call you at night okay? Meanwhile if there's anything, don't do anything foolish, just call me alright? Or you could just message me anytime."

Bomi only nodded, feeling sad that the older really had to leave. "Bye Bbom-ah. You'll get better soon, remember I'm always here for you!" With that, she bid farewell to the figure which eventually disappeared from her sight. I hope I can get by tonight.


A/N: Finally an update after ~5 days, I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting T_T But this term has been busy, having to rush work every single day and all. And because there's a week of tests coming up two weeks later, I might not have the time to update until after that :/ I will try to update once more before my tests start, but no guarantees and I might end up with a 2-3 week hiatus! Sorry about that >_< Sorry for not updating Change either, having some major writer's block for that. I'll get that up asap after my tests! Meanwhile, I hope you'd continue to support my fics~ ^^

Btw, have yall read Masked Love kekeke random one-shot as usual.

Anyway, I'm sorry if this chapter is not good enough, I feel like my thoughts are slightly messed up so. Y'all still liked it, right? >< Well at least we have the start of the real deal here, Eunji realising her feelings and Chomi realising how important each other were. :)

 

@Aye_yo_GG yeah.. >< but if one can get through all the pain, even if it's hard, even if it takes a long time, one would become stronger.

@akumatsubasa yeah, at least she's not left alone (: 

@Taengoo99 Well, another one here then :D Everything's just becoming better, with less drama going on. hahaha the whole world won't forgive me T_T

@secretagentspy haha did you miss chapter 16?

@jetiunique yepyep ^^ hmm maybe? Let's just go with the flow~~~~

@Nachomisan I'll take that as a compliment haha jkjk. Bomi's suffering a little too much for my liking :(

@SunlighLocket haha nope I don't, I still have lots to learn and work on~ :)