Good News, Bad News

[DISCONTINUED] Crystal

While doing her homework, Naeun received a hug from the back. Although she was shocked at first, she smiled at the contact. She tugged slightly at the hands that wrapped around her neck. "Why, unnie?"

"Nothing, nothing much." At that reply, Naeun stood up and turned.

"Unnie, tell me what's wrong for once, hmm?" She looked straight into the eyes of her sister, who immediately broke the eye contact by looking away. "Just this once, please?"

Chorong looked at her sister from the corner of her eyes. Sighing, she gave in to those pleading eyes. "I'm just having a really hard time."

Before continuing, she pulled her sister to sit down with her. "Where should I begin?"

"Tell me everything."

Chorong started, telling Naeun about her insecurities regarding Bomi, how Bomi had not been in school and all. She added at the back, "Ever since that day Hayoung forced me to eat those mashed up leftovers, everyone has been mocking me. I'd just be walking and then I'd hear comments like 'That's the girl who got bullied by someone younger, right?', 'It's that girl! The one who ate those food kekeke so pathetic.', 'I can't believe Bomi saved this useless girl. I guess that's why Bomi hasn't been in school, she's too embarrassed for helping someone like her.' . It's so tough not to take these comments seriously, and they haunt me so badly. I'm starting to think that's the real reason why Bomi hasn't come to school."

"Unnie, you like Bomi unnie right?" Flustered at her sister's sudden question, Chorong's face turned crimson red. Naeun conveniently took that as a consent. "Then go. Go find her. Judging from how worried she was that day when you hung up, I reckon she's waiting for you."

The older girl sincerely took that advice into consideration.

"And.." Chorong started fiddling with her fingers. "I miss Mum and Dad. If they were here, then things won't be so tiring for us. If only they did not pass away. If only I was the one who-" 

She could not finish her sentence as the younger hurriedly covered . "Please don't say that. I miss them as well, but I really don't know what I'd do without unnie."

Now, the two girls' fingers were interlaced together, both hands comfortably placed onto Chorong's lap. Leaning onto her sister's shoulder, Naeun requested, "Unnie, promise me you'll never think of such stuff again."


"After a long discussion, we have come to a conclusion on the next chairperson of this vocal club. On behalf of the whole committee, I would like to announce that the chairperson is..... Jung Eunji!" Applause filled the room.

Eunji smiled as she recalled about it while sharing with Naeun the good news. It had always been her wish to head the vocal club, and she possessed the exact traits for the role. Her vocal abilities are undeniably wonderful, and not to mention that her leadership potential is ever so prominent.

"Congratulations, Eunji unnie." Naeun felt really proud of Eunji. More than anyone else, she knew that the older desired for it and put in a lot of hard work as well. Seeing Eunji so happy made her feel extremely good. "Since it's such a great day, let's go celebrate!"


After confiding in Naeun, Chorong had decided that it was the day she should talk to Bomi. She considered heading over to her house after school, but as if everything had been planned, Bomi came to school that day. She appeared thinner, weaker and seemed more tired.

Looking from a corner, Chorong took in deep breaths to boost her confidence in approaching Bomi. Muttering to herself some words of encouragement, she was about to step out when she realised Bomi was no longer alone anymore. She took a step backwards, staring with envy and jealousy as Kim Namjoo had all of Bomi's attention, as well as her smile. Chorong had missed that smile so much she'd do anything and everything just to see it directed at her. Since she was standing quite a distance away, it made her unable to hear the conversation between the two. However, from her angle, she had a full view of the two having fun chatting together, and the huge number of smiles Bomi had casted to the other. 

There was fire in her eyes, as she shot them without hesitation towards the admirer. The smile that made her crazy, the one that drove her crazy. She could have been the one there with Bomi, but her perfect chance was just ruined like that. Chorong quickly looked away upon realising that she should not have been doing that. It was wrong, Bomi was not hers - as much as she wanted her to be. She had no right to hate Namjoo for that, but she could not help it. With the thought that she would have another chance later, she swiftly left the place before she lost control of her anger.

Once school ended, Chorong quickly packed her bag and went to Bomi before she could leave. You could say the older girl was at the brink of desperation, she just wanted to hear Bomi's voice again.

"Let's have a talk." Bomi felt confused. The girl who walked away from her, who avoided her at all cost, was now asking to talk to her. Without saying anything, she grabbed her belongings and followed.

The two sat there in silence, letting an awkward atmosphere build. Bomi could tell that the older was really nervous and hesitant, as she kept playing with her fingers. 

"Errrrmmm." Bomi looked up, but Chorong was not looking down at her fingers. "I'm sorry. I just didn't know how you'd react after seeing me in that state. You know, with bruises, then crying so terribly, then humiliated. I was afraid you'd have a changed impression of me and leave."

Before Chorong could even continue, Bomi stood up. "So even after helping you so much, that's what you thought about me? Someone who would leave so easily? I thought you had trust in me just like I had in you, I guess I was wrong."

"No-" There was no point in continuing. Chorong watched as the back of the other girl became smaller and smaller, further and further.


A/N: Failedattempt101 by Chorong >< How are all your ChoMi feels? :P anyway, there is a lack of 2Eun here, but I promise that theres a reason behind the small input of 2eun heh. Hope yall enjoyed this! ^^

@ckaz99 yeah, they do and I hope they do too T_T the random 2eun moments are seriously the cutest in this whole fic xD

@akumatsubasa hahaha >< yep, that's 2eun for you heh

@jetiunique and here it is~

@Nachomisan pessimistic Rong for life hahaha yeah why didn't she :/ mature kid taking care of a baby hehehe 

@sparklinghealthykid perhaps they need a little push!

@athousandreveries the ship capsized lol I hope your heart's fine! >< yep, longlasting... she tried haha

@Taengoo99 hahaha did you say help? ><