Chapter 8

Let Me Love You

"Hey, Krys!" Sulli put her hand around Krystal's shoulder.

"Hey" Krystal said wretchedly.

Sulli notices the latter's facial expression. She think of something which can enlighten the mood of the other girl. "Krys, want to go shopping with me?"

Krystal's face elucidate as soon as she heard the magic word "shopping" coming from the mouth of her bestfriend, but then her excitement eaten by her despondency as she remembered that she is financially broke. "I'm sorry, Sulli, I think I can't go with you today" Krystal said while her gaze is on the floor.

Sulli did understand her bestfriend. "It's okay, Krys, I won't go if you won't join me" Krystal look at the latter in confusion. "how about some ice cream? come on its my treat" Sulli smiled widely.

The two girls went to the ice cream shop and spending their time with each other.

 

 

"Sulli, thank you so much for the ice cream" Krystal said politely.

"come on, Krys, you don't have to be so formal to me, we are friends since birth remember?" Sulli said happily.

"yeah, and I am so thankful to God that I have you. Thank you" Krystal hug Sulli tightly.

"will you please stop this, you're making me sad" Sulli said jokingly.

 

The two friends bids their goodbyes and part their ways. Krystal is heading to the bus stop while Sulli is heading back to the school's parking area to get her car. While waiting for the bus Krystal silently sitting on the bench at the waiting area, her mind is busy thinking of something. She didn't even notice the person who sits near her. The bus stops right in her front she didn't bother to ride on it instead she stayed on the bench still in her deep thought.

"uhm, aren't you going to ride on that bus?" a soft and calm voice suddenly interrupts her thought.

Krystal was a little bit startled as she heard someone talking besides her. She raises her head and turn to her side only to find her "enemy" well not really her enemy, but the most annoying person she ever met in her entire life Amber Liu.

"what are you doing in here?" Krystal asks in a vexatious manner.

Amber sat comfortably near Krystal stretching her arms up then putting them down beside herself before replying to the younger girl's question. "I saw you and you are alone, so I thought you need someone to talk to that's why I am here incase you need me" Amber said without looking at the latter.

Krystal look away from the latter "and what makes you think that I am going to need you?"

Amber smirks and said: "I may not be the person you are expecting to help you now, but I can be a friend that you can lean on" 

Krystal chuckled as she heard Amber's statement. "you really think that I am going to buy your kindness, huh? well to tell you frankly Aj, Amber, A or whoever you are I am not like those girls who will fell on your sweet words easily so why don't you just leave me alone?" Krystal said angrily.

Krystal stands and walk away from Amber. "hey, wait, I just came here to help. I didn't mean to annoy you."

Krystal didn't mind the latter. "I just want to be your friend that's all" Amber continues.

Krystal just continued her pace away from the latter. Amber didn't give up and just followed Krystal.

When Krystal realizes that Amber is right behind her she stop walking and turn herself to face the latter. "what is it that you want, huh?"

Amber gulp a big amount of liquid as she senses Krystal's behavior has been provoke by her presence. "I---I just want to be your friend" she stuttered.

 

 

 

"Mc, baby" Tiffany said to the girl on the other line.

"yeah, Tiffany Hwang, will you please stop calling me baby. I am 15 years old now" Mc said annoyingly.

"No way, and so what if you are 15, do you think it can stop me from calling you baby?" Tiffany said angrily.

"Okay, I know that I can't win into this conversation with you" Tiffany chuckles from the other line.

"just promise me that you are not going to call me with that name on public, okay?" Mc said intensely

"Okay, baby" Tiffany immediately agreed.

Mc is in the library with her friends around her, she is trying to control her voice not to didturb others from their individual works. "so, why are you calling, Unnie?"

Tiffany suddenly remembered the reason why she is calling. "Oh, I almost forgot. I received an invitation from your lawyer yesterday and we are going to meet in an hour at Hanwoori restaurant." Tiffany pause for a moment and took a short glance on her wrist watch. "If your class will end early could you please drop by at the store and give aunt Sunny a little help? just for today" Tiffany plead.

Mc turns her gaze to the books that has been spread out right before her very eyes. She has so many things to do and so many projects, too, but  she knows that Tiffany;s appointment to her lawyer is much more important. She took a deep breath before giving her simple reply "okay, Unnie, I'll be there as soon as my classes are over."

"Thank you so much, baby, I love you. I will buy you an ice cream, okay?" Mc is about to speak, but Tiffany cut off the line immediately.

 

 

After 25 minutes riding on a taxi Tiffany is now at the main entrance of Hanwoori Restaurant, feeling so nervous. The place never change its still the same. She turns her gaze to the left side of the restaurant near at the front door. She stop her pace. That's the favorite spot of Yuri where she would wait for her even if its in a longer hour. Yuri would flip her phone over and over until she finds Tiffany walking through her with a smiling face. Tiffany misses that. The noise coming from her shoulder bag awakes Tiffany from her deep thought. She took her phone out and read the name of the caller before answering.

"He--hello?" Tiffany uneasily answered the call.

"Tiffany, are you in your way now here in the restaurant? We are here already" Taeyon said worriedly.

"We" it means Taeyon and the new lawyer. "Ye---yes, Taeyon-shi, I am already at the main entrance. I--I will be there soon" Tiffany stuttered. she didn't know why her body is shaking. She feels like ailing.

The guard greet her with a smile on his face as soon as she set her feet inside the restaurant. Tiffany turns her eyes around the place to find Taeyon's presence before she continued her pace. When she notice the familiar face at the far corner of the restaurant she then started her pace towards the area. Her pace is getting heavier, her heart started to beat fast, her breathing is not normal anymore. Tiffany didn't know the reason behind the immediate changes of her body temperature until "This is our favorite place of the restaurant, our favorite table, our favorite decors, our favorite time alone with each other, the background music is our favorite, too, what is----" TIffany has been cut off from her deep thought when "Tiffany, I am so glad that finally you are here" Taeyon said with a slight smile on her face.

Taeyon turn her eyes to the person who silently settled across her and  whose back is facing Tiffany. Tiffany caught Taeyon's gesture towards the person asking an approval before doing anything. Taeyon took a deep sigh and started.

"Tiffany, meet your new lawyer" Taeyon pause for a seconds looking at the other person starting moving her body readying herself to turn around as soon as Taeyon will mention her name. "Kwon Yuri" Taeyon said without hesitation.

Tiffany on the other hand was dumbfounded. She just stood there looking at the said lawyer intently without blinking her eyes.

"Tiffany Hwang, nice meeting you, again" Tiffany's tears fell down instantly.