Chapter 20

Let Me Love You

Police Sation 

 

 

"Good evening, I am Tiffany Hwang and this is Sunny Lee my aunt and guardian." Tiffany said in a most calm manner trying to be a nice girl to the officer incharge on that evening. The officer just give them a doubtful looks as Tiffany introduce Sunny as her guardian.

"Tiffany Hwang? so what can I do for you and your---aunt?" Sunny didn't like the sound of the last word "aunt?" in the officer's tone.

"Yeah, are you doubting me as there aunt, huh?" The officer got panic as he realize the changes of the latter's face.

"Oh, no, ma'am, I just got confused" The officer couldn't look at the latter to the eyes. "be---be--cause--you are very young. I thi---think" The officer gulps. "I--I--think you and her" referring to the other girl. "a---are--ju--st in the same age if I am not mistaken" Sunny glares at the officer.

"so what if we are in the same age does it matter?" Sunny raise both her hands and put it at her waist.

"Oh, no, ma'am infact I find it okay" The officer said with a grin on his face.

Tiffany on the other hand find the situation so annoying she cut the two persons who are arguing at her front. "excuse me, we are here for Krystal Hwang can I speak to her?" The officer focus his attention back to the papers on his desk  and flip some of the pages.

"Oh, yes, she is here" The officer said enthusiastically.

"good then can we see her?" Sunny said impatiently.

"oh, I---I--don't know" The officer lower his gaze.

"what---do--you mean by I don't know" Tiffany couldn't believe on what she heard.

Sunny look at the officer intently. "are you hiding something from us?"

The officer couldn't say anything. He was more scared when Sunny leans her hands on the desk. "did someone told you not to let us see her?" The officer is sweating.

"They--to---told me not to a---allow someone to speak to her not unless the lawyer of the Department of Child Care Welfare comes" The officer leans his back to the chair's rail.

"The what?!" Tiffany's eyes shut wide as she heard the name of the organization. "No, this is crazy" Tiffany face palm herself.

"Tiffany I think we need to call Jessica and Taeyon" Sunny didn't wait for the latter's answer. She took her phone and dialed the number.

"No, please, I beg you let me see her just for a minute" Tiffany's eyes are teary. The officer understands the latter's feeling. He stood from his chair and lead the way to the cell.

"I will give you a minute" The officer said.

"please make it 10" Tiffany begs.

"no, I can't do that. My superior will get mad." The officer let his hand run to his hair.

"then make it 8" Tiffany negotiates.
"sorry, I can't do that" The officer said in a low voice. The officer turn his back from the disappointed girl, but before he slid himself out from the room. "5 minutes would be fine." Then the officer close the door behind him.

Tiffany was so thankful. She didn't waist any second of the given time. Tiffany went to the cell where Krystal is.

The young girl leans her back at the cold wall of the cell hugging both knees and silently crying calling her siblings. She was there for four hours. She is tired, but she can't have a rest for the floor is so cold. She misses her home with her siblings and aunt.

"stop crying its killing me" Krystal raises her head a bit as she heard a voice speaking. "I'm so sorry that you are there" The voice continues. "how I wish I can exchange myself in your position right now" The voice cracked.

"Unnie" Krystal burst out. "I'm so sorry" Tiffany didn't showed up herself to Krystal. She can't dare to see her sister suffering. "I---I--just want to help" Krystal is sniffing. "I don't want to be here, unnie, it's cold in here" Tiffany's heart smashed as she heard her sister's complain. "you are going to help me right?" Krystal didn't hear any response from Tiffany. "unnie, show your self to me." Krystal begs.

Tiffany grips her working blouse and bit her lower lip to hold her sob so the latter won't heard it. "I can't, Krys"

Krystal rise from her previous position and start her pace at the bars letting her arms out. "unnie, where are you? I am scared" Tiffany covers . Krystal didn't know that Tiffany is just a few feet beside her cell. Tiffany wanted to stretch out her hands for Krystal, but she can't do it. She feel so guilty on her sister's condition right now. "unnie, I need you" Krystal continue crying her heart out.

Tiffany couldn't let herself watch her sister suffered an idea puff into her mind, She took her phone and looking for someone's number and when she found it, she took another glance on Krystal's hands that still out from the bars. "Krystal, I promise that I will get you out from this place just wait" Tiffany start her pace out from the room.

"Unnie, where are you going?"Krystal started to get panic as she heard her sister's footsteps "unnie, please come back. unnie, don't leave me." Krystal slid herself on the floor crying hard. "unnie!!!!"

Tiffany leans her self on the door. She heard Krystal's plea, but she can't do anything on her condition right now and that is the most painful part. She is the eldest and yet she couldn't protect her sisters. "I am worthless, stupid, idiot, and dumb." Tiffany release all her emotions. "dad, what have I done that I deserve to lose you and mommy and now my sisters. God, I am so desperate, help me." Tiffany Hwang is so helpless.

 

 

 

 

 

"Tiffany, did you speak to her?" Sunny walk fast to her. "the Department of  Child Care Welfare are here they said that they are going to take Krystal away from us if they found out that we are not capable of taking good care of her" Tiffany just continue her pace ignoring the latter's explaination.

Sunny grasp the latter's condition and just stop from talking and letting Tiffany walk pass her. but she was dumbfounded as she heard Tiffany spoke to the two representative of the Department.

"Hello, I am Tiffany Hwang, Krystal's elder sister. I am so sorry for the trouble" Tiffany said calmly.

Sunny went to her side and look at her in a confusing manner. "Our guardian will be here in a minute and she will be the one to speak to you" Sunny's eyes widen in shock her jaw drops. "please have a seat first and make yourself comfortable" Tiffany wears a smile as if nothing had happened, but Tiffany cannot hide her true feeling to Sunny.

Sunny just give Tiffany a light pat on the shoulder giving her a sign that whatever her decision is aunt Sunny will always be there for her. When Tiffany felt the tap a single tear skip to her eyes and turn her gaze to Sunny and said: "I'm sorry" Sunny didn't say a single word.

"Good evening, officer, I am looking for Ms. Tiffany Hwang." A very familiar voice of a person came across to Tiffany's ears. "I am Kwon Yuri, family lawyer" the latter continues. Tiffany closes her eyes hoping that all this things are just a dream.