chapter 4

Let Me Love You

"Good morning" Yuri said in a joyful manner.

"Good morning to you, too.'" Taeyon replied while gaping.

"Breakfast and coffee?" Taeyon notice a smirk in Yuri's face.

"it seems that you have a good mood today, huh, did you have a good rest last night?" Yuri just shrug her shoulders as her answer to Taeyon's question. Taeyon just let it pass and just enjoy her breakfast with her long lost friend.

 

After their breakfast Taeyon reminded Yuri that they have an appointment with the Hwang's group of Company at 1:00 p.m. as she heard about the meeting Yuri felt uneasy about it. She is excited, but anxious at the same time. She is not yet ready to face her. She hasn't prove it yet that she is worthy to have her, but she has a job to fulfil, her work must come first before her personal needs.

 

 

 

Yuri is in the mall when she felt that her phone vibrates from her jeans pocket. She received a message from Taeyon.

"See you at Hanwoori restaurant, don't be late." Yuri didn't reply instead she just put her phone back to her pocket. She look at the time from her wrist watch she still have a one in a half hour before the meeting.

 

Yuri continued to stroll the mall. She really hates malling. the last time she did this was when she's with Tiffany that was almost 6 years ago. She could still remember Tiffany's never ending whinning just to make her say "yes" in acompanying her to the mall. Since then she started to like window shopping not because she likes to see some new fashion trends, but because she love to see Tiffany's beautiful eyesmile everytime she goes shopping.

While she is in Boston, she would stay to the mall for a couple of hours so she could remember their happiest moment when they were together in Korea. This is her way to survive in the place that is so far from her friends, Tiffany and her father. "Father?" she remembered her only family. "Oh, I wander where he is right now? Maybe I just call him" She took her phone out from the pocket when suddenly an unknown number appeared on the screen.

"Hello?" Yuri answered with hesitation.

"Oh, hello, baby girl" a voice of an aged man heard from the other line. After a short pause she then recognize the owner of the voice.

"Da---d?" Yuri said in an almost whisper manner. She haven't heard of him for 5 years. She never talked to him after her dad told him that he is going to marry again to a woman named Victoria whom she haven't met before and never heard off. 

"Yes, baby, it's me,daddy" the voice of the man almost cracked and it's too obvious that he is crying.

"How did you----" Mr. Kwon cut her off.

"Taeyon. I got your number from her and if you are going to ask me how it's a long story. I can't wait to see you, baby" Mr. Kwon's sobbing allows his feeling to become vivid and clear to Yuri's apprehension.

"When will I see you, baby?" Mr. Kwon broke Yuri's silence.

"I don't know, dad, but probably it will be soon" Yuri said with a smile on her face.

 

It didn't take long for them to talk on the phone, both bids their goodbyes for they have their different appointments to attend to, before Yuri could put her phone back to her pocket a message appeared on the screen from Taeyon.

"please don't forget the meeting at Hanwoori. You know the place very well so there is no reason for you to be late" Yuri is a little annoyed with Taeyon's last statement, of course she knew the place well. It's Tiffany's favorite restaurant. "Aish, this girl. I wonder who pick that place for today's appointment" Yuri started to walk her way out of the mall. When Yuri almost reach the exit the woman behind her accelerated her pace that cause her to bump into Yuri's back. Yuri turns her gaze to the woman whose head is busy bowing, eyes are not looking on her because the latter is busy saying sorry.

Yuri didn't say anything, but she is a little bit amused with the woman's action. Yuri felt nervous when little by little the woman's face become clearer to her sight.

"Tif---" but before she could say the complete name of the person. The woman instantly got out from the mall and she is nowhere to be found.