Chapter 3

Let Me Love You

Taeyon's Law Office

 

"Come in, Yuri," Taeyon said as she is struggling opening the front door for Yuri.

"So, is this your place?" Yuri turn her gaze to the whole place. She put down her sling bag on the center table. She notices a crumpled news paper on the table, with curiosity she took it and straighten it up, after trying, an image of a beautiful woman divulge on her very own eyes. "Tiffany" she said in a very low tone.

Taeyon suddenly take heed of Yuri's action. "It's an old newspaper, Yul" Taeyon tried to take it away from her, but Yul is quick.

"so what if it is old already I just want to know what happened to Korea on this---" Yuri look for the year and date and when she found it

" 2008?" Yuri's curiosity lift up. She settled herself on the couch near her and continue reading the headline

" Stephen James Hwang known as the Father of Korea's Economy died on an accident in England 3 days ago; Wife is in Intensive Care Unit fighting for her life" Yuri raises her gaze looking straight at the window with a blank expression.

"2008?" Yuri turns her gaze to Taeyon. 

"What year did we graduated in college again, Tae?" Yuri ask unconsciously.

"2008?, Why?" Taeyon raises her brow with bewilderment.

Yuri's mood now is in instability, she is sweating, she's scared to know what really happened to Tiffany on their Graduation Day.

"Tae, on--the gra--dua--tion" Yuri stammered. "sh--e didn't come be---cau---"

"because of her father's death, Yuri" Taeyon finish Yuri's sentence. "The accident happened a week before the graduation. Tiffany received a call from Korea's Embassy in England telling her about her parent's accident. Stephen Hwang ask for her, so the family lawyer ask the school to excuse Tiffany" Taeyon said in a sad tone. "Tiffany's father died on the day of our graduation, Yuri, that's why she wasn't able to come and to received her award her mother followed after 3 days. It was really a tragic event. It breaks their family." Taeyon sat beside Yuri.

"How did you know all of these?" Yuri look at Taeyon intently.

"Kyrstal, Tiffany's sister. I saw her at the convenient store a year after their parent's death" Taeyon lower her gaze "Tiffany was working there----as a store keeper" Taeyon said in a whisper manner.

Yuri couldn't believe on all the things she heard from Taeyon, for her it's just like a joke. Everything is a lie.

"I have to see her. I want to see it with my own eyes." Yuri bends her head and clasped her face with both hands.

 

 

 

 

"Unnie, I'm going to be late, could you please move a little bit faster!" Mc said in a desperate tone.

"Hey, will you keep your mouth shut? It's too early in the morning, don't destroy my beautiful mood" Krystal said in a teasingly manner.

"aish, unnie, please can we leave now?" Mc whined

"girls, wait, don't forget to bring this" Tiffany hurriedly handed the lunch she prepared for the two.

"aish, unnie, you don't have to worry about me, I can handle myself" Krystal give the food back to Tiffany.

Mc notices the sad face of the eldest "It's okay, unnie, I will take this with me." Mc took the food from Tiffany's hand. "I will eat this, too"

"Wow, you have a big appetite now, huh, since when?" Krystal said blatantly

"Okay, girls, you have to go now or else you will be late" Tiffany fix Krystal's collar. "take good care of yourself, okay?" before Krystal say something. Tiffany walk her way to the youngest "study hard, show them that we are from a smart family" she kiss Mc on the forehead.

"are you going somewhere again?" Krystal ask in a daunted tone.

Tiffany turn herself back to Krystal "yes, I need a job to support our daily needs for now"

"I told you be---" Krystal didn't finish her sentence

"cut it off, Krys! I already told you that we are not going back to the mansion as long as Aunt Victoria and her new husband is there. I don't want her to control us so she will get what she want" Tiffany said with anger.

"so, we are going to stay here in this rotten place, living in a hell kind of life because of your stupid way of thinking about our aunt controlling us?" Krystal rolled her eyes. "until when, Unnie? Until when are you planning to make our life miserable huh?" Tiffany was dumbfounded on Krystal statement. She didn't know that Krystal has a feeling like this hidden deep down in her heart.

"Krys, did I make your life miserable?" Tiffany's tear started to fell on her cheek.

"Unnie, please don't cry. Krystal unnie didn't mean what she had said a while ago" Mc turn her gaze to Krystal. "why are you doing this? say sorry to her"

Krystal who is now guilty for making her sister cry "Unnie, I am sorry, I didn't mean it. I know that you are just doing what is really the best for us, please forgive me" Krystal hug Tiffany tightly.

"I'm so sorry for bringing you two in this. I made a promise to mom and dad that I will take good care of you. I can't leave you with aunt Victoria, We are not related to her by blood. She wanted to have a complete control of the company. I can't let her do that" Tiffany explained

"then how about our share to the company?" Krystal ask

"that is what I am fighting right now, Krys, I am still waiting for Taeyon's response in representing our interest in the company, so please be more patient. I know that we will achieve what we are fighting for. I can't just trust any lawyers, but Taeyon" Krystal hug Tiffany again

"I am so sorry, unnie" Tiffany hug both her sisters

"I am going to get the company back in our hands---soon" Tiffany said confidently.