Chapter 2

Let Me Love You

The Graduation came the names of the graduates has been called one by one. The valedictory speech has been well said and done by Kwon Yuri, the school President congratulates the graduates and the caps has been thrown to the air by the delighted graduates and the program has finally ended with a loud of applause from the parents and guests. Everybody in the gym seems to be in the cloud 9 except for one. "Hey, Yul, what's with the face?" Taeyon asks with a big smile on her face. Yuri doesn't want to be disturb by Taeyon, so she decided to walk away from the latter instead, but Taeyon notice Yuri's coldness and so she fasten her pace and is able to stop Yuri. "Hey, buddy, come on, What is going on with you?" Yuri just continue walking unconsciously. Taeyon take hold of Yuri's shoulder just to make the latter stop, but to Taeyon's surprised she notices Yuri's tears that is uncontrollably fall down to her cheeks. "Tae, she didn't came" Yuri brokedown.

 

 

End of Flash back

 

 

"Attention all passengers the plane has been landed safely in Incheon International Airport and you are now in South Korea. Welcome and enjoy your stay. Please check your baggages before leaving the plane." After the short announcement from the Captain, the passengers are busy taking their own things. While the others are busy and excited to get out from the plane there is one who seems to have an opposite emotion from the others. She took her time waiting for the others to get out first. She never mind if she is the only one who will be left behind, all that she knew is that, she is not yet ready to face Korea, not ready to face any challenges she may encountered during her stay in her Mother Land. She is not yet ready to face the person that caused her misery. She won't forget the day she confessed her feeling to the woman of her dream, her silence break her heart into pieces much more when the latter didn't show up in their Graduation Day. That was 5 long years ago, but still she didn't get over it. She never heard about Tiffany after that not even a single news, until she decided to leave Korea and take her Masters Degree in Boston and now she is back after 5 long years of absence because of a friend's plea.

 

Flash Back

 

Boston

 

"Hello, this is Kwon Yuri, speaking how may I help you?" Yuri said in a husky low tone. "Thank, God, Yuri, I finally found you, after so many times of trying!." The excited person said on the other line.

"Excuse me?, May I know who am I speaking to?" Yuri said calmly. "Hey, girl, stop acting as if you didn't know me, will you? Just tell me if you don't want to talk to me and it will be fine for me" The person on the other line is about to hang up, but she has been stop. "hahahaha, Kim Taeyon, wait, don't hang up. I am just kidding" Yuri said in a playful manner. "I thought you forgot about me, too" Taeyon sadly say. "What? Am I crazy? What makes you think that I will forget you?" Yuri ask worriedly. "Because you know" Taeyon shrug her shoulders "you didn't call since the day you left Korea, so I thought that you did it so you may get over Ti---" Taeyon didn't finish the name "I mean--" but she has been cut off by Yuri instead "it's okay, Tae, I know what you mean. So, why are you calling?" Yuri trying to divert their conversation to other topics. "Yuri, I---I don't know if you are interested to hear about this" Taeyon hesitated. "but I guess you have the right." Taeyon said in a low voice, but enough for Yuri to hear it. "What is it, Taeng?" when Yuri didn't receive an immediate respond from the caller "let me guess, is it about one of your flings?" Yuri tease the latter, but the latter still didn't respond. "Okay, Taeng spell it out" Yuri could hear Taeyon sighs deeply.

 

"Yuri, Tiffany's Family is broke." Yuri is so sure to herself that she already forgot about that woman leaving Korea makes her forget, but why all of a sudden with by her name alone Yuri become dumbfounded. "Yuri, I know that you don't want to hear anything about her, but I don't have a choice, she came to me the other week begging me to help her about her rightful ownership of the company against her father's legally adopted sister. I didn't know what to do. You know that I am not as good as you. I am a lawyer, but I am not definitely the right person that she should consulted with it. I----" Taeyon pause as she heard Yuri calling her.

"Taeyon, please. I need to prepare myself. I---I have a work-----today" Yuri hang up the phone, but didn't push the end call button.

 

"Yuri, I hope you can set aside your personal feelings from your work. if you only knew of Tiffany and her sister's situation right now, you will surely change your mind." Taeyon ended the call.

 

Yuri leans her back to the rail of the chair. "Tiffany. Tiffany. Tiffany! Tiffany! Tiffany!" Yuri's voice crack and tears falls down on her cheeks "why am I always crying when it comes to you, huh? Why?" Yuri keep on mumbling to herself.

 

End of Flash Back

 

"Hello, Taeng, where are you? I am already waiting for you out side the airport" Yuri said impatiently.

"Hello, my dearest friend, I am just right here standing a few feet away from you" Yuri turn her gaze across the street. Taeyon is waving her hand to Yuri.

 

Yuri put off her phone and started walking to Taeyon's direction. "There is no turning back for you, Yuri" she said to herself "Tiffany Hwang you are really something huh. I thought I will get over you, I guess I am wrong" Yuri stop thinking as soon as she reach on Taeyon's side and shake their hands.