Chapter 18

Let Me Love You

"Everybody freez! This is the Metro Police!" as the crowd in the bar heard it, fear raises to each customer that it results to chaos to the entire place. The tall young woman went out from her office trying to perceive the cause of the commotion.

"what is going on here?" The tall woman ask in confusion

"I--I don't know its the police" one of the staff said. The tall woman look at the direction were the police are then a familiar figure became invisible in her sight.

"Im Yoona" the shorter woman greets.

"what is this, Kim Hyoyeon?" the disappointed Yoona uttered.

"Come on let's talk to your office" Hyoyeon take hold of Yoona's slender arm, but the latter dislodge her arm away from Hyoyeon and yet Yoona leads their way to her office.

Yoona stands at the middle of the room her back facing the officer. "Yoona, sit down" the other woman commanded.

"no, not unless you tell me what's going on" Yoona said bitterly.

"look I am so sorry. I shouldn't have done this to you" Hyoyeon said in an apologetical manner.

"Then why are you here? What is this?" Yoona raises her hands while facing the latter.

"its about your minor employee" Yoona was dumbfounded as she heard the latter's statement.

"What minor employee are you talking about?" Yoona's gaze turns to the window beside her office table.

"Krystal?" Hyoyeon put the envelope that she was holding on the table. "open it" Yoona didn't dare to comply. "what's wrong? are you scared?" Hyoyeon challenge the younger woman.

"What do you want, Unnie?" Yoona surrendered.

"I want Krystal" Hyoyeon said blatantly.

"What?! what do you want from her?" Yoona is now mad.

"Its not me, but someone" Hyoyeon said in a low tone.

"Unnie, Krystal is Tiffany's sister, you can't do this to her" Yoona said with a pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry, Yoona, Krystal is a minor. She can't work in this place and if the higher authority will find out about this you and your father will be in danger, have you think about it?" Yoona lower her gaze on the floor.

"I can't refuse her, Unnie, they are like a family to me, to us" Hyoyeon's heart cuts into pieces as she heard her cousin said those words. She is right they are like a family to them, but she can't put her family's business in risk.

"this is not personal, Yoona, its about work. You have to turn her over to me before its too late." Hyoyeon went out from the room and leave Yoona devastated.

 

 

 

 

 

"Mc, did Krystal told you that she will be late tonight?" Tiffany ask her younger sister who's doing her assignment quitely at the living room.

"No" Mc didn't turn her gaze to her sister. She is scared that Tiffany might ask her more and she will find out that she's lying. 

"aish, where did that girl go in this time of the night" Tiffany mumbles to herself and went back to the kitchen. Meanwhile Mc is texting Krystal secretly, but she hasn't received any respond from her, she too started to get worried.

The front door opens. Tiffany turns to see if its her sister, but unfortunately it wasn't Krystal. "huh, what's wrong with you?" Sunny ask as she notice the sudden exchange of the latter's face as Tiffany saw her comes in.

"Sunny" before Tiffany could finish her statement

"hey, Tiffany, where is your manner, huh? your not calling me aunt anymore" Sunny said pretending that she is mad.

"gee, Sunny, we are just in the same age" Tiffany said playfully. Tiffany's smiles fades as she remembered Krystal. "Sunny, did Krystal called you and told you that she will be late tonight?" Sunny gulps.

"huh?, no!" Sunny walks away from Tiffany avoiding the latter's stare.

"then where is she?" Tiffany is madly worried to her sister. "its already 11:00 and she's not still home" Tiffany's voice almost crack.

Sunny notice the latter's mood. "don't worry, Fanny, she will be alright nothing is going to happen to her" Tiffany raises her head to turn her gaze to the latter

"how could you so sure when none of us here didn't know her where abouts?" Tiffany walk pass from Sunny and went back to the kitchen making herself busy.

Sunny turn her gaze to the younger Hwang secretly asking her if Krystal texted her. The younger Hwang could only shake her head lightly as an answer to her aunt.

Silence envelops the entire apartment each of the family members is waiting for the one member that they haven't known her where abouts. Its almost 2:00 in the morning when a loud ring of Tiffany's phone breaks the silence. The latter didn't answer the phone immediately, she look at the screen and an unknown number appeared, she was scared and curious at the same time.

Tiffany take holds of the phone with a shaky hands and slides the screen and put the phone at her ear "hello?" Tiffany gulps nervously.